Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (IONS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
IONS POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where IONS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 81.96% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for IONS is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 178 days.
- IONS ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 9th percentile.
IONS Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of IONIS PHARMACEUTICALS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 5.78% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, IONS has reported earnings growth of 1,162%, putting it ahead of 98.37% of US stocks in our set.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for IONIS PHARMACEUTICALS INC comes in at -27.53%, a number that bests just 7.24% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to IONIS PHARMACEUTICALS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be RVMD, NRIX, XBIT, ABUS, and HGEN.
- Visit IONS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ionispharma.com.
IONS Valuation Summary
- IONS's price/earnings ratio is -18.6; this is 182.3% lower than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- Over the past 243 months, IONS's price/sales ratio has gone up 6.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for IONS.
IONS Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -29.96%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -0.78%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 44.36%.
The table below shows IONS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
IONS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- IONS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 48.06% of graded US stocks.
- IONS's asset turnover comes in at 0.277 -- ranking 161st of 682 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- EDIT, MYMD, and VSTM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with IONS.
The table below shows IONS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
IONS Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of IONS, see our IONS price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$55.82||Average Broker Recommendation||1.82 (Hold)|
IONS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
IONS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$35.60||52-week high||$48.82|
|Prev. close||$35.18||52-week low||$31.46|
|Day high||$36.06||Avg. volume||948,432|
|50-day MA||$37.97||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$40.42||Market Cap||5.09B|
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (IONS) Company Bio
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a RNA-targeted drug discovery and development company, focuses on developing drugs for patients with severe and rare diseases. The company was formerly known as Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and changed its name to Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in December 2015. Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. was founded in 1989 and is based in Carlsbad, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
IONS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
IONS Latest Social Stream
View Full IONS Social Stream
Latest IONS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about IONIS PHARMACEUTICALS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate IONS as an investment opportunity.
Ionis announces FDA acceptance of New Drug Application for eplontersen for the treatment of hereditary transthyretin-mediated amyloid polyneuropathy (ATTRv-PN)
Ionis Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: IONS) today announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has accepted for review a New Drug Application (NDA) for eplontersen, an investigational antisense medicine for the treatment of people living with hereditary transthyretin-mediated amyloid polyneuropathy (ATTRv-PN). The application has been given a Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA) action date of Dec. 22, 2023.
Ionis to present at upcoming investor conferences
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: IONS) today announced that management will present at the following investor conferences:
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:IONS) Q4 2022 Earnings Call Transcript
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:IONS) Q4 2022 Earnings Call Transcript February 22, 2023 Operator: Good morning, and welcome to Ionis Pharmaceuticals Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2022 Financial Results Conference Call. . As a reminder, this call is being recorded. At this time, I would like to turn the call over to Wade Walke, Senior Vice […]
Ionis (IONS) Q4 Earnings Top Estimates, Sales Lag, Stock Down
Ionis (IONS) Q4 loss is narrower than expected. However, sales miss estimates. Revenue guidance for 2023 looks soft. Stock down.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals (IONS) Reports Q4 Loss, Misses Revenue Estimates
Ionis Pharmaceuticals (IONS) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 65.09% and 3.82%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
IONS Price Returns
Continue Researching IONSWant to see what other sources are saying about Ionis Pharmaceuticals Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Ionis Pharmaceuticals Inc (IONS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Ionis Pharmaceuticals Inc (IONS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Ionis Pharmaceuticals Inc (IONS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...