International Paper Co. (IP): Price and Financial Metrics
IP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$36.83||52-week high||$41.89|
|Prev. close||$37.36||52-week low||$29.00|
|Day high||$37.13||Avg. volume||3,121,648|
|50-day MA||$34.37||Dividend yield||4.97%|
|200-day MA||$33.92||Market Cap||12.74B|
IP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
IP POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where IP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 83.77% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for IP is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- IP's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 18.23% of US stocks).
IP Stock Summary
- IP's went public 37.95 years ago, making it older than 93.02% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 50.66, INTERNATIONAL PAPER CO P/E ratio is greater than that of about 86.8% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- The volatility of INTERNATIONAL PAPER CO's share price is greater than that of only 8.35% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to IP, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are TAP, TFII, EXPD, WERN, and GHC.
- IP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit INTERNATIONAL PAPER CO's official web site, go to www.internationalpaper.com.
IP Valuation Summary
- IP's EV/EBIT ratio is 26.1; this is 74.58% higher than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- IP's price/earnings ratio has moved up 69.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for IP.
IP Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 2.82%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -36.55%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 167.12%.
The table below shows IP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
IP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- IP has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 94.75% of graded US stocks.
- IP's asset turnover comes in at 0.707 -- ranking 17th of 21 Business Supplies stocks.
- RFP, SWM, and ITP are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with IP.
The table below shows IP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
IP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
IP Latest Social Stream
View Full IP Social Stream
Latest IP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about INTERNATIONAL PAPER CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate IP as an investment opportunity.
International Paper's (IP) price performance has been reflecting declines in prices and volumes due to lower consumer spending, as well as higher costs.
NORTHAMPTON, MA / ACCESSWIRE / November 22, 2023 / International Paper CompanyOriginally published in International Paper's 2022 Sustainability ReportCommunity investment We mobilize our people, products and resources to address critical needs in ...
NORTHAMPTON, MA / ACCESSWIRE / November 21, 2023 / The Mayor of Beaverton, Oregon, declared November 14, 2023 as International Paper Day, in recognition of the company's many contributions to the community. Proclamations are ceremonial documents, ...
NORTHAMPTON, MA / ACCESSWIRE / November 16, 2023 / International Paper CompanyOriginally published in International Paper's 2022 Sustainability ReportSince our people are our greatest competitive advantage, it makes good business sense to attract ...
International Paper (NYSE: IP) Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Mark S. Sutton will speak at the Citi 2023 Basic Materials Conference on November 29, 2023. The presentation is scheduled to begin at 8:45 a.m. ET and will be followed by a question and answer session.
IP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|