International Paper Co. (IP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
IP POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where IP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 89.4% of US stocks.
- IP's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- IP's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 7.06% of US stocks).
IP Stock Summary
- International Paper Co's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.84% of US equities in our set.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -46.24%, International Paper Co's debt growth rate surpasses only 8.5% of about US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for IP comes in at 41.13% -- higher than that of 96.22% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to IP, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are LU, MGA, RF, RGA, and CX.
- IP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit International Paper Co's official web site, go to www.internationalpaper.com.
IP Valuation Summary
- IP's price/sales ratio is 1.1; this is 64.52% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 243 months, IP's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.4.
- IP's price/earnings ratio has moved up 43.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for IP.
IP Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 13.49%.
- The 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 28.65%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -34.42%.
The table below shows IP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
IP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- IP has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 94.75% of graded US stocks.
- IP's asset turnover comes in at 0.707 -- ranking 17th of 21 Business Supplies stocks.
- RFP, SWM, and ITP are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with IP.
The table below shows IP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
IP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
IP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$47.19||52-week high||$65.27|
|Prev. close||$48.14||52-week low||$40.45|
|Day high||$48.09||Avg. volume||3,342,041|
|50-day MA||$46.87||Dividend yield||3.84%|
|200-day MA||$49.63||Market Cap||17.49B|
Most Popular Stories View All
IP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
IP Latest Social Stream
View Full IP Social Stream
Latest IP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about International Paper Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate IP as an investment opportunity.
Interviewer: What does Diversity and Inclusion look like at International Paper?
International Paper Company found using ticker (IP) have now 12 analysts covering the stock with the consensus suggesting a rating of ''Hold''. The target price ranges between 60 and 41 calculating the average target price we see 51.08. Now with the previous closing price of 46.73 this would imply there is a potential upside of 9.3%. The 50 day moving average now sits at 47.18 and the 200 day MA is 53.12. The market capitalisation for the company is $18,035m. You can visit the company''s website by visiting: https://www.internationalpaper.com [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="IP" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] The potential market cap would be $19,714m based on the market concensus. International Paper Company operates as a paper and packag...
MEMPHIS, Tenn., February 17, 2022 /3BL Media/ - With a mission to build and sustain a work environment that embraces individuality and collaboration to drive exceptional results, value different vi...
Insights on the Corrugated Boxes Global Market to 2027 - by Region, Material Used and End-use - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Corrugated Boxes Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com''s offering. The global corrugated boxes market size reached US$ 193.8 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, the publisher expects the market to reach US$ 225 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 2.44% during 2022-2027. Companies Mentioned International Paper Company Nine Dragons Worldwide (China) Investment Group Co.
MBJ’s annual Power 100 is here. A living document chronicling those who sit on, next to, and behind the throne. When business gets done in the Memphis area, these are the folks who pull the strings, handshake the deal, authorize the financing, approve the plan, make the hire, sign the contract, and take the risk.
IP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|