International Paper Company (IP): Price and Financial Metrics
IP Stock Summary
- IP has a market capitalization of $22,372,295,128 -- more than approximately 89.42% of US stocks.
- International Paper Co's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.8% of US equities in our set.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for IP comes in at 12.05% -- higher than that of 85.95% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to International Paper Co are HIG, RYAAY, UAL, TU, and WLTW.
- IP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit International Paper Co's official web site, go to www.internationalpaper.com.
IP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
IP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$55.88||52-week high||$57.67|
|Prev. close||$56.91||52-week low||$29.76|
|Day high||$57.04||Avg. volume||3,096,063|
|50-day MA||$53.21||Dividend yield||3.6%|
|200-day MA||$46.19||Market Cap||21.95B|
International Paper Company (IP) Company Bio
International Paper operates as a paper and packaging company in North America, Europe, Latin America, Russia, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. The company operates through three segments: Industrial Packaging, Printing Papers, and Consumer Packaging. The company was founded in 1898 and is based in Memphis, Tennessee.
IP Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for International Paper Co with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that International Paper Co ranked in the 61th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 28%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of International Paper Co, consider:
- International Paper Co's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 4.62% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Consumer Cyclical), International Paper Co has a reliance on debt greater than 68.33% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
IP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
IP Latest Social Stream
View Full IP Social Stream
Latest IP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about International Paper Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate IP as an investment opportunity.
International Paper (NYSE: IP) Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Mark Sutton will speak at the 2021 Virtual Wells Fargo Industrials Conference, May 5, 2021. The presentation, followed by a Fireside Chat, is scheduled to begin at 10:00 a.m. ET. All interested parties are invited to view the presentation and/or listen to the webcast live via International Paper's Internet site http://www.internationalpaper.com by clicking on the "Performance" tab and then clicking on the "Presentations and Events" link. A replay of the webcast will be available on the website approximately three hours after the presentation.
International Paper (NYSE: IP) Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Mark Sutton will speak at the 2021 Virtual Wells Fargo Industrials Conference, May 5, 2021. The presentation, followed by a Fireside Chat, is scheduled to begin at 9:20 a.m. ET. All interested parties are invited to view the presentation and/or listen to the webcast live via International Paper's Internet site http://www.internationalpaper.com by clicking on the "Performance" tab and then clicking on the "Presentations and Events" link. A replay of the webcast will be available on the website approximately three hours after the presentation.
International Paper (IP) is worth retaining in the portfolio right now on robust packaging demand, e-commerce growth and focus on acquisitions.
Packaging Corporation of America (PKG) aka PCA is a company in the paper and packaging space that exists close to the end markets. However, unlike peers like Mondi (MONDF), which sells to end markets and procures commodities internally, PCA has almost no forests at all. Under normal circumstances, spreads between...
KeyBanc Stick to Their Sell Rating for International Paper Company
IP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|