International Paper Company (IP): Price and Financial Metrics
IP Stock Summary
- IP has a market capitalization of $17,449,183,048 -- more than approximately 89.37% of US stocks.
- IP's went public 34.16 years ago, making it older than 92.5% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for IP comes in at 14.61% -- higher than that of 86.7% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to International Paper Co, a group of peers worth examining would be RF, CFG, ABC, MGA, and NDAQ.
- Visit IP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.internationalpaper.com.
IP Stock Price Chart More Charts
IP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$43.27||52-week high||$47.98|
|Prev. close||$42.95||52-week low||$36.45|
|Day high||$43.45||Avg. volume||2,666,812|
|50-day MA||$44.45||Dividend yield||4.77%|
|200-day MA||$43.10||Market Cap||16.97B|
International Paper Company (IP) Company Bio
International Paper operates as a paper and packaging company in North America, Europe, Latin America, Russia, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. The company operates through three segments: Industrial Packaging, Printing Papers, and Consumer Packaging. The company was founded in 1898 and is based in Memphis, Tennessee.
IP Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for International Paper Co. To summarize, we found that International Paper Co ranked in the 69st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 86.83%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for International Paper Co ended up being:
- As a business, IP is generating more cash flow than 95.05% of positive cash flow stocks in the Consumer Cyclical.
- 50% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than merely 20.35% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- International Paper Co's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 7%; for context, that number is higher than merely 2.47% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|