John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. (JBSS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
JBSS POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where JBSS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 80.43% of US stocks.
- JBSS's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- JBSS ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 58th percentile.
JBSS Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 292.16, SANFILIPPO JOHN B & SON INC is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 90.1% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of SANFILIPPO JOHN B & SON INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.12% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -32.21%, SANFILIPPO JOHN B & SON INC's debt growth rate surpasses merely 9.13% of about US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to JBSS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PSMT, BKE, ROCK, KRT, and WMK.
- JBSS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SANFILIPPO JOHN B & SON INC's official web site, go to www.jbssinc.com.
JBSS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, JBSS's price/sales ratio is 45% lower, now standing at 1.1.
- JBSS's price/earnings ratio has moved up 7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for JBSS.
JBSS Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 18.87%.
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 18.87%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 3.89%.
The table below shows JBSS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
JBSS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- JBSS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 74.41% of graded US stocks.
- JBSS's asset turnover comes in at 2.193 -- ranking 5th of 59 Food Products stocks.
- PLAG, CPB, and PARF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with JBSS.
The table below shows JBSS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
JBSS Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of JBSS, see our JBSS price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$107.00||Average Broker Recommendation||1 (Strong Buy)|
JBSS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
JBSS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$96.20||52-week high||$99.24|
|Prev. close||$97.32||52-week low||$67.02|
|Day high||$97.53||Avg. volume||77,519|
|50-day MA||$90.63||Dividend yield||0.76%|
|200-day MA||$81.29||Market Cap||1.11B|
John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. (JBSS) Company Bio
John B Sanfilippo & Son Inc. processes and distributes peanuts and tree nuts in the United States. The company offers raw and processed nuts, including almonds, pecans, peanuts, black walnuts, English walnuts, cashews, macadamia nuts, pistachios, pine nuts, Brazil nuts, and filberts. The company was founded in 1959 and is based in Elgin, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
JBSS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
JBSS Latest Social Stream
View Full JBSS Social Stream
Latest JBSS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SANFILIPPO JOHN B & SON INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate JBSS as an investment opportunity.
A Look At The Fair Value Of John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. (NASDAQ:JBSS)
Today we'll do a simple run through of a valuation method used to estimate the attractiveness of John B. Sanfilippo...
John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. (NASDAQ:JBSS) Q2 2023 Earnings Call Transcript
John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. (NASDAQ:JBSS) Q2 2023 Earnings Call Transcript February 2, 2023 Jeffrey Sanfilippo: Welcome to our fiscal 2023 second quarter earnings conference call. Thank you for joining us. On the call with me today is Frank Pellegrino, our CFO; Jasper Sanfilippo, our COO. We’ll make some forward-looking statements today. These statements […]
John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. Reports Fiscal 2023 Second Quarter Results
ELGIN, Ill., February 01, 2023--John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. (NASDAQ: JBSS) (the "Company") today announced financial results for its fiscal 2023 second quarter ended December 29, 2022.
Returns At John B. Sanfilippo & Son (NASDAQ:JBSS) Appear To Be Weighed Down
To find a multi-bagger stock, what are the underlying trends we should look for in a business? Firstly, we'll want to...
John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. 2nd Quarter Fiscal Year 2023 Operating Results Conference Call
Elgin, Illinois, Jan. 25, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. (NASDAQ: JBSS), a major processor and distributor of snack and recipe nut products, will hold its quarterly conference call to discuss its second quarter fiscal year 2023 operating results on Thursday, February 2, 2023 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time (9:00 a.m. Central Time). Second quarter fiscal 2023 results are expected to be released after the market closes on Wednesday, February 1, 2023. To register for the call, p
JBSS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching JBSSWant to see what other sources are saying about Sanfilippo John B & Son Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Sanfilippo John B & Son Inc (JBSS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Sanfilippo John B & Son Inc (JBSS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Sanfilippo John B & Son Inc (JBSS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...