John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. (JBSS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
JBSS POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where JBSS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 77.79% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for JBSS is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- JBSS's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 54.18% of US stocks).
JBSS Stock Summary
- SANFILIPPO JOHN B & SON INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 86.17% of US listed stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of SANFILIPPO JOHN B & SON INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.94% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of SANFILIPPO JOHN B & SON INC's share price is greater than that of just 8.61% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to SANFILIPPO JOHN B & SON INC are ACU, MYE, STRT, KRT, and LRN.
- Visit JBSS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.jbssinc.com.
JBSS Valuation Summary
- JBSS's price/sales ratio is 1; this is 0% higher than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, JBSS's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for JBSS.
JBSS Growth Metrics
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at -2.86%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -5.48%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at -2.86%.
The table below shows JBSS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
JBSS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- JBSS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 74.41% of graded US stocks.
- JBSS's asset turnover comes in at 2.193 -- ranking 5th of 59 Food Products stocks.
- PLAG, CPB, and PARF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with JBSS.
The table below shows JBSS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
JBSS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
JBSS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$84.03||52-week high||$92.10|
|Prev. close||$83.84||52-week low||$67.02|
|Day high||$84.31||Avg. volume||51,234|
|50-day MA||$80.67||Dividend yield||0.89%|
|200-day MA||$77.94||Market Cap||968.61M|
John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. (JBSS) Company Bio
John B Sanfilippo & Son Inc. processes and distributes peanuts and tree nuts in the United States. The company offers raw and processed nuts, including almonds, pecans, peanuts, black walnuts, English walnuts, cashews, macadamia nuts, pistachios, pine nuts, Brazil nuts, and filberts. The company was founded in 1959 and is based in Elgin, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
JBSS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
JBSS Latest Social Stream
View Full JBSS Social Stream
Latest JBSS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SANFILIPPO JOHN B & SON INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate JBSS as an investment opportunity.
John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc.'s (NASDAQ:JBSS) Stock Been Rising: Are Strong Financials Guiding The Market?
Most readers would already know that John B. Sanfilippo & Son's (NASDAQ:JBSS) stock increased by 3.3% over the past...
John B. Sanfilippo & Son ( NASDAQ:JBSS ) First Quarter 2023 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$252.6m (up 12...
ELGIN, Ill., November 03, 2022--John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. (NASDAQ: JBSS) (the "Company") today announced that its Board of Directors (the "Board") declared a special cash dividend (the "Special Dividend") of $1.00 per share on all issued and outstanding shares of Common Stock of the Company and $1.00 per share on all issued and outstanding shares of Class A Common Stock of the Company. The Special Dividend will return approximately $11.7 million to JBSS stockholders.
ELGIN, Ill., November 01, 2022--John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. (NASDAQ: JBSS) (the "Company") today announced financial results for its fiscal 2023 first quarter ended September 29, 2022.
Elgin, IL, Oct. 25, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. (NASDAQ: JBSS), a major processor and distributor of snack and recipe nut products, will hold its quarterly conference call to discuss its first quarter fiscal 2023 operating results on Wednesday, November 2, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time (9:00 a.m. Central Time). First quarter fiscal 2023 results are expected to be released after the market closes on Tuesday, November 1, 2022. To register for the call, please click on
JBSS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching JBSSWant to see what other sources are saying about Sanfilippo John B & Son Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Sanfilippo John B & Son Inc (JBSS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Sanfilippo John B & Son Inc (JBSS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Sanfilippo John B & Son Inc (JBSS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch