John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. (JBSS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
JBSS POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where JBSS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 87.38% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for JBSS is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- JBSS's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 19.85% of US stocks).
JBSS Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for JBSS is 3.71 -- better than 88.21% of US stocks.
- JBSS's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 436.15 -- higher than 91.33% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Of note is the ratio of Sanfilippo John B & Son Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.96% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Sanfilippo John B & Son Inc are BRC, MANT, PSMT, IPAR, and BDL.
- JBSS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Sanfilippo John B & Son Inc's official web site, go to www.jbssinc.com.
JBSS Valuation Summary
- JBSS's EV/EBIT ratio is 13.9; this is 24.86% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- JBSS's price/sales ratio has moved up $1.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for JBSS.
JBSS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
JBSS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$92.22||52-week high||$94.97|
|Prev. close||$92.29||52-week low||$71.00|
|Day high||$92.57||Avg. volume||44,852|
|50-day MA||$91.39||Dividend yield||0.7%|
|200-day MA||$83.37||Market Cap||1.06B|
John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. (JBSS) Company Bio
John B Sanfilippo & Son Inc. processes and distributes peanuts and tree nuts in the United States. The company offers raw and processed nuts, including almonds, pecans, peanuts, black walnuts, English walnuts, cashews, macadamia nuts, pistachios, pine nuts, Brazil nuts, and filberts. The company was founded in 1959 and is based in Elgin, Illinois.
JBSS Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Sanfilippo John B & Son Inc. To summarize, we found that Sanfilippo John B & Son Inc ranked in the 79th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 259.5% on a DCF basis. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Sanfilippo John B & Son Inc ended up being:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 49.33; that's higher than 91.41% of US stocks in the Consumer Defensive sector that have positive free cash flow.
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 4% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately just 15.69% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- JBSS's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 49.15% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
JBSS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
JBSS Latest Social Stream
View Full JBSS Social Stream
Latest JBSS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Sanfilippo John B & Son Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate JBSS as an investment opportunity.
You can receive the average market return by buying a low-cost index fund. But if you pick the right individual stocks...
Elgin, IL, Jan. 20, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. (NASDAQ: JBSS), a major processor and distributor of snack and recipe nut products, will hold its quarterly conference call to discuss its second quarter fiscal 2021 operating results on Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time (9:00 a.m. Central Time). Second quarter fiscal 2021 results are expected to be released after the market closes on Wednesday, January 27, 2021. The dial-in numbers for this call are 1-844-536-5471 from the U.S. or 1-614-999-9317 internationally and enter the participant passcode of 5662938. This call is being webcast by Intrado Digital Media and can be accessed at John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc.’s Web site at www.jbssinc.com. John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. is a processor, pac...
John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc.'s (NASDAQ:JBSS) Recent Stock Performance Looks Decent- Can Strong Fundamentals Be the Reason?
John B. Sanfilippo & Son's (NASDAQ:JBSS) stock up by 4.1% over the past three months. Given that the market rewards...
Some have more dollars than sense, they say, so even companies that have no revenue, no profit, and a record of falling...
At the end of February we announced the arrival of the first US recession since 2009 and we predicted that the market will decline by at least 20% in (Recession is Imminent: We Need A Travel Ban NOW). In these volatile markets we scrutinize hedge fund filings to get a reading on which direction each […]
JBSS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching JBSSWant to see what other sources are saying about Sanfilippo John B & Son Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Sanfilippo John B & Son Inc (JBSS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Sanfilippo John B & Son Inc (JBSS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Sanfilippo John B & Son Inc (JBSS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch