John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. (JBSS): Price and Financial Metrics
JBSS Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Sanfilippo John B & Son Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.9% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -28.63%, Sanfilippo John B & Son Inc's debt growth rate surpasses merely 11.78% of about US stocks.
- The volatility of Sanfilippo John B & Son Inc's share price is greater than that of only 8.84% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Sanfilippo John B & Son Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be ACU, CRWS, MYRG, SAFT, and NODK.
- Visit JBSS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.jbssinc.com.
JBSS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
JBSS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$86.46||52-week high||$93.46|
|Prev. close||$87.44||52-week low||$66.35|
|Day high||$88.20||Avg. volume||63,121|
|50-day MA||$83.05||Dividend yield||0.74%|
|200-day MA||$81.44||Market Cap||991.35M|
John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. (JBSS) Company Bio
John B Sanfilippo & Son Inc. processes and distributes peanuts and tree nuts in the United States. The company offers raw and processed nuts, including almonds, pecans, peanuts, black walnuts, English walnuts, cashews, macadamia nuts, pistachios, pine nuts, Brazil nuts, and filberts. The company was founded in 1959 and is based in Elgin, Illinois.
JBSS Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Sanfilippo John B & Son Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Sanfilippo John B & Son Inc ranked in the 85th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 671%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Sanfilippo John B & Son Inc, consider:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 41.39; that's higher than 91.97% of US stocks in the Consumer Defensive sector that have positive free cash flow.
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 3% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately only 13.14% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- JBSS's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 47.91% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
JBSS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
JBSS Latest Social Stream
View Full JBSS Social Stream
Latest JBSS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Sanfilippo John B & Son Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate JBSS as an investment opportunity.
You can receive the average market return by buying a low-cost index fund. But if you pick the right individual stocks...
John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. Board Declares Special Cash Dividend of $2.50 per share of Common Stock and Class A Common Stock
John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. (NASDAQ: JBSS) (the "Company") today announced that its Board of Directors (the "Board") declared a special cash dividend (the "Special Dividend") of $2.50 per share on all issued and outstanding shares of Common Stock of the Company and $2.50 per share on all issued and outstanding shares of Class A Common Stock of the Company. The total Special Dividend payment will be approximately $29 million.
John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. Second Quarter Diluted EPS Increased 13.8% to a Second Quarter Record $1.72 per Share
John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. (Nasdaq: JBSS) (the "Company") today announced operating results for its fiscal 2021 second quarter. Net income for the second quarter of fiscal 2021 was $19.9 million, or $1.72 per share diluted, compared to net income of $17.5 million, or $1.52 per share diluted, for the second quarter of fiscal 2020. Net income for the first two quarters of fiscal 2021 was $32.7 million, or $2.83 per share diluted, compared to net income of $30.4 million, or $2.64 per share diluted, for the first two quarters of fiscal 2020.
Some have more dollars than sense, they say, so even companies that have no revenue, no profit, and a record of falling...
At the end of February we announced the arrival of the first US recession since 2009 and we predicted that the market will decline by at least 20% in (Recession is Imminent: We Need A Travel Ban NOW). In these volatile markets we scrutinize hedge fund filings to get a reading on which direction each […]
JBSS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching JBSSWant to see what other sources are saying about Sanfilippo John B & Son Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Sanfilippo John B & Son Inc (JBSS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Sanfilippo John B & Son Inc (JBSS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Sanfilippo John B & Son Inc (JBSS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!