John Bean Technologies Corporation (JBT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
JBT POWR Grades
- JBT scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 86.28% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for JBT is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- JBT's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 16.53% of US stocks).
JBT Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for JBT is 2.51 -- better than 80.98% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of John Bean Technologies CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 82.23% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -35.99%, John Bean Technologies CORP's debt growth rate surpasses only 13.39% of about US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to JBT, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are FCFS, EME, MSA, RCII, and HY.
- Visit JBT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.jbtc.com.
JBT Valuation Summary
- JBT's price/sales ratio is 2.6; this is 44.44% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 157 months, JBT's price/sales ratio has gone up $2.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for JBT.
JBT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
JBT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$139.31||52-week high||$151.64|
|Prev. close||$140.30||52-week low||$73.46|
|Day high||$141.49||Avg. volume||176,444|
|50-day MA||$139.68||Dividend yield||0.29%|
|200-day MA||$120.59||Market Cap||4.42B|
John Bean Technologies Corporation (JBT) Company Bio
John Bean Technologies designs, manufactures, tests, and services products and systems for food processing and air transportation industries. The company was founded in 2008 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
JBT Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for JBT, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that John Bean Technologies CORP ranked in the 67th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 83.67% on a DCF basis. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for John Bean Technologies CORP ended up being:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of John Bean Technologies CORP over the past 5.76 years is 0.32%; that's better than 76.77% of cash flow producing equities in the Industrials sector, where it is classified.
- JBT's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 36.48% of tickers in our DCF set.
- John Bean Technologies CORP's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 19 -- greater than 77.37% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
JBT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
JBT Latest Social Stream
View Full JBT Social Stream
Latest JBT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about John Bean Technologies CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate JBT as an investment opportunity.
John Bean Technologies (JBT) has priced its offering of $350M of 0.25% convertible senior notes due 2026.Initial purchasers are granted an option to purchase up to an additional $52.5M of Notes. The initial conversion rate is 5.8958 common shares per $1,000 principal amount of Notes (equivalent to ~$169.61/share).Net proceeds will...
JBT (JBT) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
John Bean Technologies Corporation ( NYSE:JBT ), might not be a large cap stock, but it saw significant share price...
John Bean Technologies Corporation (NYSE: JBT) (the "Company") announced today the pricing on May 25, 2021 of the offering of $350 million aggregate principal amount of 0.25% convertible senior notes due 2026 (the "Notes") in a private offering (the "Offering"). The Company also granted to the initial purchasers of the Notes an option to purchase up to an additional $52.5 million aggregate principal amount of the Notes within a 13-day period beginning on, and including, the initial closing date of the Offering. The Offering and the convertible note hedge and warrant transactions described below, are expected to close on May 28, 2021, subject to customary closing conditions.
John Bean Technologies Corporation (NYSE: JBT) (the "Company") announced today that it intends to offer $350 million aggregate principal amount of convertible senior notes due 2026 (the "Notes") in a private offering (the "Offering"). The Company also intends to grant to the initial purchasers of the Notes an option to purchase up to an additional $52.5 million aggregate principal amount of the Notes within a 13-day period beginning on, and including, the initial closing date of the Offering.
JBT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching JBTWant to see what other sources are saying about John Bean Technologies CORP's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
John Bean Technologies CORP (JBT) Stock Price | Nasdaq
John Bean Technologies CORP (JBT) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
John Bean Technologies CORP (JBT) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch