J & J Snack Foods Corp. (JJSF): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
JJSF POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where JJSF ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 62.8% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for JJSF is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- JJSF's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 12.41% of US stocks).
JJSF Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 236.99, J&J SNACK FOODS CORP is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 89.4% of US stocks.
- JJSF's current price/earnings ratio is 54.48, which is higher than 90.93% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 237.29%, J&J SNACK FOODS CORP's debt growth rate surpasses 93.91% of about US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to J&J SNACK FOODS CORP are XPEL, IPW, HOFT, BMI, and MIXT.
- Visit JJSF's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.jjsnack.com.
JJSF Valuation Summary
- JJSF's EV/EBIT ratio is 41.1; this is 142.48% higher than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, JJSF's price/earnings ratio has gone up 34.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for JJSF.
JJSF Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 0.53%.
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -65.39%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 54.59%.
The table below shows JJSF's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
JJSF's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- JJSF has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 79.45% of graded US stocks.
- JJSF's asset turnover comes in at 1.005 -- ranking 21st of 58 Food Products stocks.
- LW, TR, and BRID are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with JJSF.
The table below shows JJSF's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
JJSF Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
JJSF Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$136.60||52-week high||$165.78|
|Prev. close||$139.14||52-week low||$117.45|
|Day high||$138.78||Avg. volume||85,444|
|50-day MA||$143.65||Dividend yield||2.05%|
|200-day MA||$145.78||Market Cap||2.62B|
J & J Snack Foods Corp. (JJSF) Company Bio
J&J Snack Foods manufactures, markets, and distributes various nutritional snack foods and beverages for the food-service and retail supermarket industries in the United States, Mexico, and Canada. The company was founded in 1971 and is based in Pennsauken, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
JJSF Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
JJSF Latest Social Stream
View Full JJSF Social Stream
Latest JJSF News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about J&J SNACK FOODS CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate JJSF as an investment opportunity.
To achieve financial goals and live the life I desire for me and my family, my long-term investing approach is to assemble a portfolio of high-quality, currently out-of-favor, low PE companies and wait for things to return to normal to earn market-beating returns over time.
Portfolio Principles for the Long Term
To achieve this goal, a written set of guiding principles can help maintain discipline and focus during rocky market conditions. Here are few for consideration:
1.Valuation always matters: maintain the discipline to identify what shares are worth compared to that company's own history.
2. Avoid valuation mistakes: the idea is that a company returns to its normalized valuation over time. When an investor pays marke...
J&J Snack Foods Corp.'s ( NASDAQ:JJSF ) dividend will be increasing from last year's payment of the same period to...
Here are three ways food icons McDonald's and Hershey's have thrived, and how J&J Snack Foods could follow a similar path.
America's favorite flash-frozen beaded ice cream treat Dippin' Dots has debuted a Times Square store that opened this month through an agreement with multi-unit franchisee Neil Hershman. The new store, at 234 W. 42nd Street, is co-branded with sister brand Doc Popcorn. Dippin' Dots was recently acquired by J&J Snack Foods Corp. (NASDAQ: JJSF), a leader and innovator in the snack food industry for over 50 years.
Meder brings decades of business and marketing experience to the JJSF boardPENNSAUKEN, N.J., Aug. 16, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- J & J Snack Foods Corp. (NASDAQ: JJSF) today announced the appointment of Mary Meder to the Board of Directors, effective September 1, 2022. This brings the current number of board members to eight, after the recent appointments of Dan Fachner and Roy Jackson were announced earlier this year. Meder brings decades of business and marketing experience with her to the JJSF
JJSF Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|