Kala Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (KALA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
KALA POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where KALA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 57.9% of US stocks.
- KALA's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 52 weeks.
- KALA's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 5.13% of US stocks).
KALA Stock Summary
- As for revenue growth, note that KALA's revenue has grown 137.6% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 95.07% of US companies in our set.
- The volatility of Kala Pharmaceuticals Inc's share price is greater than that of 95.85% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Kala Pharmaceuticals Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -53.55%, greater than the shareholder yield of merely 5.38% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Kala Pharmaceuticals Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be ECOR, BXRX, SIBN, NVRO, and ACRX.
- KALA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Kala Pharmaceuticals Inc's official web site, go to www.kalarx.com.
KALA Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, KALA's EV/EBIT ratio is 105.46% lower, now standing at -1.6.
- KALA's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 9.3 over the prior 50 months.
- Over the past 50 months, KALA's price/sales ratio has gone NA NA.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KALA.
KALA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- KALA has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 25.66% of graded US stocks.
- KALA's asset turnover comes in at 0.048 -- ranking 323rd of 680 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- AERI, NBY, and FLXN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with KALA.
The table below shows KALA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
KALA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KALA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$1.75||52-week high||$9.97|
|Prev. close||$1.80||52-week low||$1.75|
|Day high||$1.84||Avg. volume||1,972,130|
|50-day MA||$2.75||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$5.43||Market Cap||113.70M|
Kala Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (KALA) Company Bio
Kala Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development and commercialization of therapies using its proprietary nanoparticle-based Mucus Penetrating Particles technology. The company was formerly known as Hanes Newco, Inc. and changed its name to Kala Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in December 2009. Kala Pharmaceuticals, Inc. was founded in 2009 and is based in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Most Popular Stories View All
KALA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KALA Latest Social Stream
View Full KALA Social Stream
Latest KALA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Kala Pharmaceuticals Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KALA as an investment opportunity.
WATERTOWN, Mass., Oct. 22, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Kala Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:KALA), today announced that the Company granted non-statutory stock options to new employees as inducement awards outside the Company’s 2017 Equity Incentive Plan in accordance with NASDAQ Listing Rule 5635(c)(4). The Company granted stock options to purchase up to an aggregate of 70,000 shares of Kala Pharmaceuticals common stock to ten new employees. The stock options were granted on October 18, 2021. The gr
WATERTOWN, Mass., Oct. 18, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Kala Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:KALA), a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of innovative therapies for diseases of the eye, today announced the appointment of C. Daniel Myers to its Board of Directors. Mr. Myers, who has more than 35 years of ophthalmic pharmaceutical experience, will serve as a Class III director, and join both the Compensation and Nominating and Corporate
The Daily Biotech Pulse: Allogene Sinks On FDA Clinical Hold, Takeda Gets Adcom Backing, Quidel Reports Q3 COVID Revenues, IPOs
Here''s a roundup of top developments in the biotech space over the last 24 hours. Scaling The Peaks (Biotech Stocks Hitting 52-week Highs Oct. 7) Alkermes plc (NASDAQ: ALKS ) Bicycle Therapeutics plc (NASDAQ: BCYC ) (announced interim Phase 1 data for BT5528 and preliminary results from Phase 1 study of BT8009) Catalyst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: CPRX ) Cytokinetics, Incorporated (NASDAQ: CYTK ) Enanta Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: ENTA ) Legend Biotech Corporation (NASDAQ: LEGN ) Click here for accessing Benzinga''s FDA Calendar Down In The Dumps (Biotech Stocks Hitting 52-week Lows Oct. 7) Acutus Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ: AFIB ) Adverum Biotechnologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADVM ) Akoya Biosciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: AKYA ) Amgen Inc. (NASDAQ: AMGN ) ( announced neurodegenerative disease drug...
The big shareholder groups in Kala Pharmaceuticals, Inc. ( NASDAQ:KALA ) have power over the company. Institutions will...
WATERTOWN, Mass., Sept. 07, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Kala Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:KALA), a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of innovative therapies for diseases of the eye, today announced that management will participate in the following virtual healthcare investor conferences in September 2021:
KALA Price Returns
Continue Researching KALAWant to see what other sources are saying about Kala Pharmaceuticals Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Kala Pharmaceuticals Inc (KALA) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Kala Pharmaceuticals Inc (KALA) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Kala Pharmaceuticals Inc (KALA) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch