Kala Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (KALA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
KALA Stock Summary
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at -20.08 for KALA PHARMACEUTICALS INC; that's greater than it is for just 1.25% of US stocks.
- The volatility of KALA PHARMACEUTICALS INC's share price is greater than that of 99.83% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for KALA comes in at 523.26% -- higher than that of 99.32% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to KALA PHARMACEUTICALS INC are ACRX, MDXG, LVO, VCSA, and AMRS.
- KALA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit KALA PHARMACEUTICALS INC's official web site, go to www.kalarx.com.
KALA Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, KALA's price/sales ratio is 35% lower, now standing at 1.3.
- Over the past 65 months, KALA's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 10.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KALA.
KALA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- KALA has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 25.42% of graded US stocks.
- KALA's asset turnover comes in at 0.048 -- ranking 323rd of 680 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- AERI, NBY, and FLXN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with KALA.
The table below shows KALA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
KALA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KALA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$4.91||52-week high||$97.00|
|Prev. close||$4.98||52-week low||$4.67|
|Day high||$4.98||Avg. volume||75,085|
|50-day MA||$8.17||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$25.22||Market Cap||7.45M|
Kala Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (KALA) Company Bio
Kala Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development and commercialization of therapies using its proprietary nanoparticle-based Mucus Penetrating Particles technology. The company was formerly known as Hanes Newco, Inc. and changed its name to Kala Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in December 2009. Kala Pharmaceuticals, Inc. was founded in 2009 and is based in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Most Popular Stories View All
KALA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KALA Latest Social Stream
View Full KALA Social Stream
Latest KALA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about KALA PHARMACEUTICALS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KALA as an investment opportunity.
Kala Pharmaceuticals Announces Submission of Investigational New Drug Application for KPI-012 for the Treatment of Persistent Corneal Epithelial Defect
-- On-track to initiate Phase 2b trial in 4Q 2022, with topline data expected in 1Q 2024 ---- Cash runway extended into 1Q 2025, pending receipt of second tranche from previously announced financing, due upon FDA acceptance of KPI-012 IND -- ARLINGTON, Mass., Nov. 28, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Kala Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:KALA), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the research, development and commercialization of innovative therapies for rare diseases of the eye, today
ARLINGTON, Mass., Nov. 28, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Kala Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:KALA), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the research, development and commercialization of innovative therapies for rare diseases of the eye, today announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement with a life sciences-focused investor for the sale, in a private placement priced at-the-market under Nasdaq rules, of shares of its common stock and Series E Convertible Non-Redeemabl
Analysts Offer Insights on Healthcare Companies: Arbutus Biopharma (ABUS), Kala Pharmaceuticals (KALA) and TScan Therapeutics (TCRX)
There's a lot to be optimistic about in the Healthcare sector as 3 analysts just weighed in on Arbutus Biopharma (ABUS – Research Report), Kala Pharmaceuticals (KALA – Research Report) and TScan Therapeutics (TCRX – Research Report) with bullish sentiments. Arbutus Biopharma (ABUS) H.C. Wainwright analyst Ed Arce maintained a Buy rating on Arbutus Biopharma today and set a price target of $6.00. The company's shares closed last Wednesday at $2.44, close to its 52-week low of $1.85. According to TipRanks.com, Arce is a 4-star analyst with an average return of -26.0% and a 25.8% success rate.
Kala Pharmaceuticals ( NASDAQ:KALA ) Third Quarter 2022 Results Key Financial Results Net income: US$29.1m (up from...
In a report released today, Andreas Argyrides from Wedbush maintained a Buy rating on Kala Pharmaceuticals (KALA - Research Report), with a price target of $47.00. The company's shares closed yesterday at $5.22.Argyrides covers the Healthcare sector, focusing on stocks such as Ascendis Pharma, Albireo Pharma, and BioMarin Pharmaceutical. According to TipRanks, Argyrides has an average return of -11.4% and a 43.75% success rate on recommended stocks. Kala Pharmaceuticals has an analyst consensus of Moderate Buy, with a price target consensus of $24.75.See Insiders’ Hot Stocks on TipRanks >> Based on Kala Pharmaceuticals' latest earnings release for the quarter ending June 30, the company reported a quarterly revenue of $2.
KALA Price Returns
Continue Researching KALAWant to see what other sources are saying about Kala Pharmaceuticals Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Kala Pharmaceuticals Inc (KALA) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Kala Pharmaceuticals Inc (KALA) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Kala Pharmaceuticals Inc (KALA) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch