Kaiser Aluminum Corporation (KALU): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
KALU POWR Grades
- KALU scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 95.58% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for KALU is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- KALU's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 10.83% of US stocks).
KALU Stock Summary
- KALU's current price/earnings ratio is 417.93, which is higher than 97.76% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 67.65%, Kaiser Aluminum Corp's debt growth rate surpasses 88.14% of about US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for KALU comes in at -16.99% -- higher than that of only 15.15% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to KALU, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are WLFC, THR, AKR, EAT, and ACEL.
- KALU's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Kaiser Aluminum Corp's official web site, go to www.kaiseraluminum.com.
KALU Valuation Summary
- KALU's price/earnings ratio is 431.7; this is 1785.15% higher than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 183 months, KALU's price/sales ratio has gone NA NA.
- KALU's EV/EBIT ratio has moved NA NA over the prior 183 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KALU.
KALU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KALU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$120.58||52-week high||$141.07|
|Prev. close||$114.88||52-week low||$50.49|
|Day high||$120.73||Avg. volume||122,118|
|50-day MA||$125.49||Dividend yield||2.39%|
|200-day MA||$105.51||Market Cap||1.91B|
Kaiser Aluminum Corporation (KALU) Company Bio
Kaiser Aluminum is a leading producer of semi-fabricated specialty aluminum products, serving customers worldwide with highly-engineered solutions for aerospace and high-strength, general engineering, and custom automotive and industrial applications. The company was founded in 1946 and is based in Foothill Ranch, California.
KALU Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Kaiser Aluminum Corp. To summarize, we found that Kaiser Aluminum Corp ranked in the 38th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 47%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for KALU, they are:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 1.09 -- which is good for besting merely 21.26% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Basic Materials sector with positive cash flow).
- Kaiser Aluminum Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 11%; for context, that number is higher than 74.76% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Kaiser Aluminum Corp's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 23.58% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
KALU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KALU Latest Social Stream
View Full KALU Social Stream
Latest KALU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Kaiser Aluminum Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KALU as an investment opportunity.
North American Construction, Battalion Oil lead energy gainers; PBF Energy, Kaiser Aluminum among major losers
Gainers: North American Construction Group (NOA) +12%, Battalion Oil (BATL) +10%, Code Chain New Continent (CCNC) +8%, Barnwell Industries (BRN) +6%.Losers: PBF Energy (PBF) -11%, Kaiser Aluminum (KALU) -9%, IAMGOLD (IAG) -9%, TechnipFMC (FTI) -8%, Nine Energy Service (NINE) -6%....
If you've not seen a copy of our earnings release, please visit the Investor Relations page on our website at kaiseraluminum.com. Joining me on the call today are President and Chief Executive Officer, Keith Harvey; Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Neal West; and Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer, Jennifer Huey.
The aluminum stock's second-quarter earnings failed to impress, but the market could have missed the good points.
Kaiser (KALU) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -55.95% and 21.75%, respectively, for the quarter ended June 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Second Quarter 2021 Highlights: Net Sales $741 Million; Value Added Revenue $318 MillionNet Loss $22 Million; Net Loss per Diluted Share $1.42, Includes Pre-tax Charges of $36 Million or $1.73 per Diluted Share, After-tax, Related to Senior Notes RefinancingAdjusted Net Income $16 Million; Adjusted Earnings per Diluted Share $1.00Adjusted EBITDA $59 Million; Adjusted EBITDA Margin 18.5%Continued Improvement in Demand Across All End MarketsIntegration Costs, Higher Overhead and Short-Term Ineffic
KALU Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|