Kaiser Aluminum Corporation (KALU): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
KALU POWR Grades
- KALU scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 68.12% of US stocks.
- KALU's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- KALU ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 15th percentile.
KALU Stock Summary
- KAISER ALUMINUM CORP's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 91.79% of US listed stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.4, KAISER ALUMINUM CORP has a higher such ratio than merely 12.92% of stocks in our set.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for KAISER ALUMINUM CORP comes in at 65.66%, a number that bests 86.96% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to KALU, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are XHR, YPF, CEQP, KRUS, and GAIA.
- KALU's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit KAISER ALUMINUM CORP's official web site, go to www.kaiseraluminum.com.
KALU Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, KALU's price/sales ratio is 78.95% lower, now standing at 0.4.
- KALU's price/sales ratio has moved NA NA over the prior 199 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KALU.
KALU Growth Metrics
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 456.52%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at -3.6%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -123.61%.
The table below shows KALU's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
KALU's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- KALU has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 45.87% of graded US stocks.
- KALU's asset turnover comes in at 0.942 -- ranking 22nd of 40 Steel Works Etc stocks.
- X, CRS, and ATI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with KALU.
The table below shows KALU's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
KALU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KALU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$89.79||52-week high||$107.41|
|Prev. close||$89.12||52-week low||$59.24|
|Day high||$90.46||Avg. volume||137,160|
|50-day MA||$78.31||Dividend yield||3.43%|
|200-day MA||$84.38||Market Cap||1.43B|
Kaiser Aluminum Corporation (KALU) Company Bio
Kaiser Aluminum is a leading producer of semi-fabricated specialty aluminum products, serving customers worldwide with highly-engineered solutions for aerospace and high-strength, general engineering, and custom automotive and industrial applications. The company was founded in 1946 and is based in Foothill Ranch, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
KALU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KALU Latest Social Stream
View Full KALU Social Stream
Latest KALU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about KAISER ALUMINUM CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KALU as an investment opportunity.
FRANKLIN, Tenn., Nov. 10, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Kaiser Aluminum Corporation (NASDAQ: KALU), a leading producer of semi-fabricated specialty aluminum products serving customers worldwide with highly-engineered solutions for aerospace and high-strength, packaging, general engineering, custom automotive and other industrial applications, today announced that Keith A. Harvey, President and Chief Executive Officer, will participate in the Goldman Sachs Metals & Mining Conference on Thursday, Novem
Shares of Kaiser Aluminum (NASDAQ: KALU) surged more than 10% by 10:30 a.m. ET on Thursday. The primary catalyst driving the aluminum stock's rally was its third-quarter results, which exceeded analysts' expectations. While that was down slightly from $751 million in the year-ago period, it was more than $66 million above the consensus estimate.
Third Quarter 2022 Highlights: Net Sales $749 Million; Value Added Revenue $356 MillionNet Income $3 Million; Net Income per Diluted Share $0.16Adjusted Net Income $10 Million; Adjusted Income per Diluted Share $0.60Adjusted EBITDA $31 Million; Adjusted EBITDA Margin 8.8%Warrick Magnesium and Metal Supply Issues Resolved; Capacity Fully RestoredPlanned Outage at Trentwood Successfully CompletedIncremental Costs and Inefficiencies of ~$24 Million Driven by Outage and Supply Chain Issues FRANKLIN,
Passive investing in an index fund is a good way to ensure your own returns roughly match the overall market. When you...
FRANKLIN, Tenn., Oct. 13, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Kaiser Aluminum Corporation (NASDAQ:KALU) today announced that its Board of Directors has declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.77 per share. The dividend will be payable on November 15, 2022 to shareholders of record as of the close of business on October 25, 2022. Company Description Kaiser Aluminum Corporation, headquartered in Franklin, Tenn., is a leading producer of semi-fabricated specialty aluminum products, serving customers worldwid
KALU Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|