Kaiser Aluminum Corporation (KALU): Price and Financial Metrics
KALU Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for KALU is 2.04 -- better than 72.31% of US stocks.
- With a one year PEG ratio of 868.83, Kaiser Aluminum Corp is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 94.7% of US stocks.
- Kaiser Aluminum Corp's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 6.49%, greater than the shareholder yield of 75.58% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Kaiser Aluminum Corp are STRL, BLMN, RUTH, MLI, and TDS.
- Visit KALU's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.kaiseraluminum.com.
KALU Stock Price Chart More Charts
KALU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$103.30||52-week high||$117.06|
|Prev. close||$103.59||52-week low||$85.04|
|Day high||$103.86||Avg. volume||116,429|
|50-day MA||$107.67||Dividend yield||2.59%|
|200-day MA||$99.91||Market Cap||1.64B|
Kaiser Aluminum Corporation (KALU) Company Bio
Kaiser Aluminum is a leading producer of semi-fabricated specialty aluminum products, serving customers worldwide with highly-engineered solutions for aerospace and high-strength, general engineering, and custom automotive and industrial applications. The company was founded in 1946 and is based in Foothill Ranch, California.
KALU Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for KALU, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Kaiser Aluminum Corp ranked in the 65st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 38%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Kaiser Aluminum Corp ended up being:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 81% of its capital from equity, and 19% of its capital from debt. Notably, its equity weight is greater than 66.74% of US equities in the Basic Materials sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- Kaiser Aluminum Corp's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 18 -- greater than 70.03% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- Kaiser Aluminum Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 6.58. This coverage rate is greater than that of 62.18% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|