KAR Auction Services, Inc (KAR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
KAR POWR Grades
- KAR scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 80.84% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for KAR is in Sentiment, which has been heading down over the past 48 weeks.
- KAR ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 16th percentile.
KAR Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for KAR Auction Services Inc is higher than just 15.39% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- KAR's price/sales ratio is 0.79; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 17.4% of US stocks.
- KAR Auction Services Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 9.84%, greater than the shareholder yield of 79.61% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to KAR Auction Services Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be THS, JOB, BRBR, CPS, and IHRT.
- KAR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit KAR Auction Services Inc's official web site, go to www.karglobal.com.
KAR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, KAR's price/sales ratio is 70.97% lower, now standing at 0.9.
- Over the past 143 months, KAR's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.1.
- KAR's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.1 over the prior 143 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KAR.
KAR Growth Metrics
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -22.43%.
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at -0.52%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 190.45%.
The table below shows KAR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
KAR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- KAR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 56.55% of graded US stocks.
- KAR's asset turnover comes in at 0.327 -- ranking 161st of 164 Retail stocks.
- MUSA, PSMT, and BNED are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with KAR.
The table below shows KAR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
KAR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KAR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$15.61||52-week high||$20.85|
|Prev. close||$15.16||52-week low||$13.55|
|Day high||$15.65||Avg. volume||2,058,556|
|50-day MA||$16.94||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$17.11||Market Cap||1.86B|
KAR Auction Services, Inc (KAR) Company Bio
Kar Auction Services operates worldwide vehicle auction services and provides related services. The company was founded in 2006 and is based in Carmel, Indiana.
Most Popular Stories View All
KAR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KAR Latest Social Stream
View Full KAR Social Stream
Latest KAR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about KAR Auction Services Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KAR as an investment opportunity.
KAR Global to Host Financial Update Conference Call Monday, September 20th and Analyst Day Event on Tuesday, September 21st
KAR Auction Services, Inc. d/b/a KAR Global (NYSE: KAR), a leading global wholesale used vehicle digital marketplace operator, today announced that as a result of the continued disruption caused by the chip shortage and the corresponding lack of visibility into used vehicle volumes in its marketplaces, the company is withdrawing its previously provided financial outlook for fiscal 2021. The company expects $95 million to $100 million of Adjusted EBITDA for the third quarter 2021 and expects appr
ADESA, a business unit of KAR Auction Services, announced the addition of OBD2 emissions codes to the condition reports of vehicles
CARMEL, Ind., Sept. 9, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- KAR Auction Services, Inc. d/b/a KAR Global (NYSE: KAR), a leading global wholesale used vehicle digital marketplace operator, will host a virtual Analyst Day on Tuesday, September 21, 2021, at 11:00 a.m. ET.
KAR Auction Services Inc (KAR): Price Up $0.2 (1.15)% Over Past Day, Up $0.43 (2.61)% Over Past Hour
Regarding the trend, note that the strongest trend exists on the 20 day timeframe. The post KAR Auction Services Inc (KAR): Price Up $0.2 (1.15)% Over Past Day, Up $0.43 (2.61)% Over Past Hour appeared first on ETF Daily News .
KAR Auction Services, Inc. (KAR), a provider of wholesale used car auction services and salvage auction services, inked a $450 million deal to buy CARWAVE Holdings LLC. CARWAVE is an online dealer-to-dealer used car trading platform featuring certified mechanical inspections and buyer guarantees. Shares popped 3.4% on the news, closing at $17.37 on August 23. The CARWAVE acquisition is expected to strengthen KAR’s position in the dealer-to-dealer segment for the wholesale used vehicle market, along with accelerating its digital marketplace transformation.
KAR Price Returns
Continue Researching KARWant to do more research on KAR Auction Services Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
KAR Auction Services Inc (KAR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
KAR Auction Services Inc (KAR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
KAR Auction Services Inc (KAR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch