KAR Auction Services, Inc (KAR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
KAR POWR Grades
- KAR scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 88.23% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for KAR is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- KAR ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 9th percentile.
KAR Stock Summary
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -74.51%, KAR AUCTION SERVICES INC's debt growth rate surpasses just 3.01% of about US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that KAR's revenue has grown -24.01% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of just 7.7% of US companies in our set.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for KAR comes in at 97.89% -- higher than that of 98.15% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to KAR, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are HRT, CNDT, SSP, PETQ, and VRTS.
- KAR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit KAR AUCTION SERVICES INC's official web site, go to www.karglobal.com.
KAR Valuation Summary
- KAR's price/earnings ratio is 7.1; this is 44.75% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- KAR's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.1 over the prior 160 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KAR.
KAR Growth Metrics
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -3.97%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -70.96%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -44.64%.
The table below shows KAR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
KAR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- KAR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 58.6% of graded US stocks.
- KAR's asset turnover comes in at 0.316 -- ranking 162nd of 165 Retail stocks.
- MUSA, ROST, and NSIT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with KAR.
The table below shows KAR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
KAR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KAR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$14.25||52-week high||$22.10|
|Prev. close||$14.44||52-week low||$11.15|
|Day high||$14.48||Avg. volume||605,105|
|50-day MA||$13.50||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$14.48||Market Cap||1.55B|
KAR Auction Services, Inc (KAR) Company Bio
Kar Auction Services operates worldwide vehicle auction services and provides related services. The company was founded in 2006 and is based in Carmel, Indiana.
Most Popular Stories View All
KAR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KAR Latest Social Stream
View Full KAR Social Stream
Latest KAR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about KAR AUCTION SERVICES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KAR as an investment opportunity.
KAR Auction Services, Inc. d/b/a/ KAR Global (NYSE: KAR), a leading operator of digital marketplaces for wholesale used vehicles, announces the integration of CARWAVE and BacklotCars. The single digital platform is now hosted on BacklotCars and brings together the best of both offerings by adding a live auction combined with a 24/7 marketplace. The new offering provides dealers more flexibility in the way they want to transact. Buyers have expanded access to more diversified inventory, while sel
One of the best investments we can make is in our own knowledge and skill set. With that in mind, this article will...
There’s been a lot of talk about the downward economic pressures that have pummeled the markets in 2022 – maybe too much such talk. Yes, the S&P 500 is down almost 21%, and the NASDAQ is down 35%, but investors can still find sound opportunities. J.P. Morgan analyst Ryan Brinkman has been sorting through the automotive industry stocks, and he’s found several that are worth a closer look. So let’s do just that. We know that the auto industry has its own particular headwinds, including the ongoing
KAR Auction Services, Inc. ( NYSE:KAR ), might not be a large cap stock, but it saw a decent share price growth in the...
KAR Auction Services, Inc found using ticker (KAR) now have 7 analysts covering the stock with the consensus suggesting a rating of ''Buy''. The target price ranges between 25 and 12 calculating the mean target price we have 19.29. With the stocks previous close at 13.11 this is indicating there is a potential upside of 47.1%. The 50 day moving average now sits at 13.23 and the 200 day MA is 15.24. The market capitalisation for the company is $1,496m. Find out more information at: https://www.karglobal.com [stock_market_widget type="chart" template="basic" color="green" assets="KAR" range="6mo" interval="1d" axes="true" cursor="true" api="yf"] The potential market cap would be $2,202m based on the market concensus. KAR Auction Services, together with its subsidiaries, provides used vehi...
KAR Price Returns
Continue Researching KARWant to do more research on KAR Auction Services Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
KAR Auction Services Inc (KAR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
KAR Auction Services Inc (KAR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
KAR Auction Services Inc (KAR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch