KAR Auction Services, Inc (KAR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
KAR POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where KAR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 61.1% of US stocks.
- KAR's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- KAR ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 22nd percentile.
KAR Stock Summary
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for KAR is currently 5.43, higher than only 19.02% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 4.74 for KAR Auction Services Inc; that's greater than it is for 78.31% of US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for KAR comes in at 7.76% -- higher than that of 80.09% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to KAR, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are BRBR, GNW, CPS, PRAA, and GCI.
- Visit KAR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.karglobal.com.
KAR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, KAR's price/sales ratio is 70.97% lower, now standing at 0.9.
- Over the past 143 months, KAR's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.1.
- KAR's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.1 over the prior 143 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KAR.
KAR Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 15.96%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -68.84%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at -22.7%.
The table below shows KAR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
KAR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- KAR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 58.6% of graded US stocks.
- KAR's asset turnover comes in at 0.316 -- ranking 162nd of 165 Retail stocks.
- MUSA, ROST, and NSIT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with KAR.
The table below shows KAR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
KAR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KAR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$15.94||52-week high||$22.10|
|Prev. close||$15.82||52-week low||$11.76|
|Day high||$16.05||Avg. volume||1,694,049|
|50-day MA||$15.32||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$15.70||Market Cap||1.94B|
KAR Auction Services, Inc (KAR) Company Bio
Kar Auction Services operates worldwide vehicle auction services and provides related services. The company was founded in 2006 and is based in Carmel, Indiana.
Most Popular Stories View All
KAR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KAR Latest Social Stream
View Full KAR Social Stream
Latest KAR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about KAR Auction Services Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KAR as an investment opportunity.
No summary available.
Gainers Inspirato Incorporated (NASDAQ: ISPO ) shares surged 50.5% to close at $54.90. Guardforce AI Co., Limited (NASDAQ: GFAI ) jumped 45.4% to settle at $0.5979 on Friday. EF Hutton recently initiated coverage on the stock with a Buy rating and a $2 price target. CarGurus, Inc. (NASDAQ: CARG ) shares gained 44% to close at $46.44 after the company reported better-than-expected Q4 results. Farfetch Limited (NYSE: FTCH ) climbed 39.4% to close at $20.92 after the company reported better-than-expected Q4 EPS results. TD Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: GLG ) gained 38.9% to settle at $0.25 amid overall market strength as investors react to the ongoing Russia-Ukraine conflict. KAR Auction Services, Inc. (NYSE: KAR ) shares climbed 38.4% to close at $18.94 after the company agreed to sell its ADES...
KAR Auction Services, Inc -- Moody's places the ratings of KAR Auction Services on review for upgrade
Rating Action: Moody's places the ratings of KAR Auction Services on review for upgradeGlobal Credit Research - 28 Feb 2022New York, February 28, 2022 -- Moody's Investors Service ("Moody's") placed the ratings of wholesale used vehicle auction company KAR Auction Services, Inc ("KAR") on review for upgrade, including the B2 corporate family rating, the B2-PD probability of default rating, the Ba3 senior secured rating and the Caa1 senior unsecured rating. KAR's outlook was changed to ratings under review, from stable.
KAR stock shot higher after Carvana announced a plan to acquire its physical auction business in an effort to boost sales.
Thinking about buying stock in KAR Auction Services, Farfetch, Open Lending Corp, Pearson PLC, or Paramount Group?
NEW YORK , Feb. 25, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- InvestorsObserver issues critical PriceWatch Alerts for KAR, FTCH, LPRO, PSO, and PGRE. … Full story available on Benzinga.com
KAR Price Returns
Continue Researching KARWant to do more research on KAR Auction Services Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
KAR Auction Services Inc (KAR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
KAR Auction Services Inc (KAR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
KAR Auction Services Inc (KAR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch