KAR Auction Services, Inc (KAR): Price and Financial Metrics
KAR Stock Summary
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -15.86%, KAR Auction Services Inc's debt growth rate surpasses merely 15.82% of about US stocks.
- The volatility of KAR Auction Services Inc's share price is greater than that of 95.34% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- KAR Auction Services Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 39.6%, greater than the shareholder yield of 94.3% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to KAR Auction Services Inc are SHO, AVA, HOPE, WYND, and GWB.
- Visit KAR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.karauctionservices.com.
KAR Stock Price Chart More Charts
KAR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$22.25||52-week high||$28.61|
|Prev. close||$23.09||52-week low||$17.42|
|Day high||$22.95||Avg. volume||2,121,037|
|50-day MA||$21.87||Dividend yield||3.42%|
|200-day MA||$23.44||Market Cap||2.87B|
KAR Auction Services, Inc (KAR) Company Bio
Kar Auction Services operates worldwide vehicle auction services and provides related services. The company was founded in 2006 and is based in Carmel, Indiana.
KAR Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for KAR, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that KAR Auction Services Inc ranked in the 63st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 32% on a DCF basis. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for KAR, they are:
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 43% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than 73.26% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than 61.55% of stocks in its sector (Consumer Cyclical).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|