KAR Auction Services, Inc (KAR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
KAR POWR Grades
- KAR scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 87.93% of US stocks.
- KAR's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- KAR's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 17.64% of US stocks).
KAR Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for KAR Auction Services Inc is higher than just 11.68% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- With a price/sales ratio of 1.05, KAR Auction Services Inc has a higher such ratio than merely 20.4% of stocks in our set.
- As for revenue growth, note that KAR's revenue has grown -22.43% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of just 16.82% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to KAR, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CEIX, ACCO, POR, VHI, and AQUA.
- Visit KAR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.karglobal.com.
KAR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KAR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$17.67||52-week high||$20.85|
|Prev. close||$17.84||52-week low||$12.68|
|Day high||$17.85||Avg. volume||2,307,885|
|50-day MA||$16.87||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$16.90||Market Cap||2.20B|
KAR Auction Services, Inc (KAR) Company Bio
Kar Auction Services operates worldwide vehicle auction services and provides related services. The company was founded in 2006 and is based in Carmel, Indiana.
KAR Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for KAR Auction Services Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that KAR Auction Services Inc ranked in the 72th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for KAR Auction Services Inc ended up being:
- As a business, KAR is generating more cash flow than 72.55% of positive cash flow stocks in the Consumer Cyclical.
- 52% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 16.82% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 48% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than 83.14% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
KAR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KAR Latest Social Stream
View Full KAR Social Stream
Latest KAR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about KAR Auction Services Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KAR as an investment opportunity.
The retail industry provides a variety of finished goods, both durable and non-durable, to individual consumers and households. The industry also sells services. Products sold by retail companies include apparel, electronics, furniture, kitchenware, sporting goods, books, and toys.
KAR Auction Services, Inc found using ticker (KAR) now have 9 analysts covering the stock. The analyst consensus points to a rating of ''Buy''. The target price ranges between 26 and 11 calculating the mean target price we have 18.78. With the stocks previous close at 18 this indicates there is a potential upside of 4.3%. The day 50 moving average is 16.73 and the 200 moving average now moves to 17.18. The market capitalisation for the company is $2,262m. Company Website: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="KAR" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] KAR Auction Services, together with its subsidiaries, provides used vehicle auctions and related vehicle remarketing services for the automotive industry in the United States, Europe, Canada, Mexico, ...
KAR Auction Services, Inc with ticker code (KAR) now have 9 analysts covering the stock with the consensus suggesting a rating of ''Buy''. The target price ranges between 26 and 11 and has a mean target at 18.78. Given that the stocks previous close was at 18.12 this would indicate that there is a potential upside of 3.6%. The 50 day moving average now sits at 16.37 while the 200 day moving average is 17.19. The company has a market capitalisation of $2,269m. Company Website: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="KAR" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] KAR Auction Services, together with its subsidiaries, provides used vehicle auctions and related vehicle remarketing services for the automotive industry in the United States, Europe, Canada, Mexi...
ADESA, a business unit of global wholesale used vehicle digital marketplace operator KAR Auction Services, Inc. d/b/a KAR Global (NYSE: KAR), announces the launch of its proprietary "% to Retail" functionality. All 24/7 bid/buy vehicle listings on ADESA's digital marketplace now showcase the current bid of the vehicle compared to the estimated national used retail market price. "% to Retail" is powered by autoniq®, a sister company to ADESA and a leading source for app-based vehicle pricing and evaluation information. The new feature is aimed at helping dealers quickly analyze vehicle pricing and make better informed decisions on the best inventory for their lot.
KAR Auction Services ([[KAR]] +7.3%) rallies after Bank of America moves the auto retailer stock straight to a Buy rating from Underperform. The firm says valuation is attractive at current levels, but the bigger factor is the recent management changes that could fire up a broader turnaround at the company....
KAR Price Returns
Continue Researching KARWant to do more research on KAR Auction Services Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
KAR Auction Services Inc (KAR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
KAR Auction Services Inc (KAR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
KAR Auction Services Inc (KAR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch