KAR Auction Services, Inc (KAR): Price and Financial Metrics
KAR Stock Summary
- KAR's current price/earnings ratio is 3,696.51, which is higher than 99.67% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for KAR is currently 4.81, higher than just 18.46% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- As for revenue growth, note that KAR's revenue has grown -21.36% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of just 17.43% of US companies in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to KAR Auction Services Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be HOG, LNTH, SBSW, FARO, and PODD.
- KAR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit KAR Auction Services Inc's official web site, go to www.karglobal.com.
KAR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KAR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$14.17||52-week high||$20.85|
|Prev. close||$14.25||52-week low||$9.41|
|Day high||$14.44||Avg. volume||2,362,457|
|50-day MA||$18.26||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$16.43||Market Cap||1.84B|
KAR Auction Services, Inc (KAR) Company Bio
Kar Auction Services operates worldwide vehicle auction services and provides related services. The company was founded in 2006 and is based in Carmel, Indiana.
KAR Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for KAR, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that KAR Auction Services Inc ranked in the 44th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 30%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of KAR Auction Services Inc, consider:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.79 years, is -0.02% -- higher than just 21.05% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- 45% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than only 15.68% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- As a business, KAR Auction Services Inc experienced a tax rate of about 4% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Consumer Cyclical), this tax rate is higher than just 20.25% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
KAR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KAR Latest Social Stream
View Full KAR Social Stream
Latest KAR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about KAR Auction Services Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KAR as an investment opportunity.
Looking at Q4, KAR Auction Services (NYSE:KAR) earned $13.90 million, a 83.91% increase from the preceding quarter. KAR Auction Services's sales decreased to $529.60 million, a 10.78% change since Q3. KAR Auction Services earned $86.40 million, and sales totaled $593.60 million in Q3. What Is ROCE? Changes in earnings and sales indicate shifts in KAR Auction Services's Return on Capital Employed, a measure of yearly pre-tax profit relative to capital employed by a business. Generally, a higher ROCE suggests successful growth of a company and is a sign of higher earnings per share in the future. In Q4, KAR Auction Services posted an ROCE of 0.01%. It is important to keep in mind ROCE evaluates past performance and is not used as a predictive tool. It is a good measure of a company's rece...
The following slide deck was published by KAR Auction Services, Inc. in conjunction with their 2020 Q4 earnings call....
KAR Auction Services, Inc. (KAR) Q4 2020 Earnings Conference Call February 17, 2021 08:30 AM ET Company Participants Mike Eliason - Investor Relations Jim Hallett - CEO Eric Loughmiller - EVP and CFO Conference Call Participants Ryan Brinkman - JPMorgan John Murphy - Bank of America Merrill Lynch Craig Kennison...
Shares of Kar Auction Services sank almost 16% in Tuesday's extended market session as the provider of used car auction services disappointed investors with reporting a loss in the fourth quarter. The company incurred a 4Q loss of $0.21 per diluted share, while analysts had been expecting earnings per share (EPS) of $0.28. Revenues plunged 21.1% to $529.6 million year-on-year, falling short of consensus estimates of $571.9 million. Kar Auction Services’ (KAR) results were significantly affected by the restrictions COVID-19 pandemic. KAR stated, “…the potential impact that COVID-19 could have on our business remains uncertain.
KAR Auction Services (KAR) is seeing favorable earnings estimate revision activity and has a positive Zacks Earnings ESP heading into earnings season.
KAR Price Returns
Continue Researching KARWant to do more research on KAR Auction Services Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
KAR Auction Services Inc (KAR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
KAR Auction Services Inc (KAR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
KAR Auction Services Inc (KAR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!