KAR Auction Services, Inc (KAR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
KAR POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where KAR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 88.51% of US stocks.
- KAR's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- KAR ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 11th percentile.
KAR Stock Summary
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -74.51%, KAR AUCTION SERVICES INC's debt growth rate surpasses just 3% of about US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for KAR AUCTION SERVICES INC comes in at -24.01%, a number that bests merely 7.75% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for KAR comes in at 96.27% -- higher than that of 98.17% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to KAR AUCTION SERVICES INC, a group of peers worth examining would be HRT, CNDT, SSP, VRTS, and WRK.
- Visit KAR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.karglobal.com.
KAR Valuation Summary
- KAR's EV/EBIT ratio is 6; this is 56.2% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- KAR's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 18.6 over the prior 160 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KAR.
KAR Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -7.89%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -70.96%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -10.58%.
The table below shows KAR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
KAR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- KAR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 58.6% of graded US stocks.
- KAR's asset turnover comes in at 0.316 -- ranking 162nd of 165 Retail stocks.
- MUSA, ROST, and NSIT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with KAR.
The table below shows KAR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
KAR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KAR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$14.92||52-week high||$22.10|
|Prev. close||$14.56||52-week low||$11.15|
|Day high||$15.07||Avg. volume||630,043|
|50-day MA||$13.52||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$14.45||Market Cap||1.62B|
KAR Auction Services, Inc (KAR) Company Bio
Kar Auction Services operates worldwide vehicle auction services and provides related services. The company was founded in 2006 and is based in Carmel, Indiana.
Most Popular Stories View All
KAR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KAR Latest Social Stream
View Full KAR Social Stream
Latest KAR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about KAR AUCTION SERVICES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KAR as an investment opportunity.
KAR Auction Services, Inc. d/b/a/ KAR Global (NYSE: KAR), a leading operator of digital marketplaces for wholesale used vehicles, announces the integration of CARWAVE and BacklotCars. The single digital platform is now hosted on BacklotCars and brings together the best of both offerings by adding a live auction combined with a 24/7 marketplace. The new offering provides dealers more flexibility in the way they want to transact. Buyers have expanded access to more diversified inventory, while sel
One of the best investments we can make is in our own knowledge and skill set. With that in mind, this article will...
There’s been a lot of talk about the downward economic pressures that have pummeled the markets in 2022 – maybe too much such talk. Yes, the S&P 500 is down almost 21%, and the NASDAQ is down 35%, but investors can still find sound opportunities. J.P. Morgan analyst Ryan Brinkman has been sorting through the automotive industry stocks, and he’s found several that are worth a closer look. So let’s do just that. We know that the auto industry has its own particular headwinds, including the ongoing
KAR Auction Services, Inc. ( NYSE:KAR ), might not be a large cap stock, but it saw a decent share price growth in the...
Does the November share price for KAR Auction Services, Inc. ( NYSE:KAR ) reflect what it's really worth? Today, we...
KAR Price Returns
Continue Researching KARWant to do more research on KAR Auction Services Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
KAR Auction Services Inc (KAR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
KAR Auction Services Inc (KAR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
KAR Auction Services Inc (KAR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch