KAR Auction Services, Inc (KAR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
KAR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$15.29||52-week high||$17.66|
|Prev. close||$15.29||52-week low||$11.15|
|Day high||$15.42||Avg. volume||604,160|
|50-day MA||$13.95||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$13.81||Market Cap||1.67B|
KAR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KAR POWR Grades
- KAR scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 98.47% of US stocks.
- KAR's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- KAR's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 29.13% of US stocks).
KAR Stock Summary
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -75.28%, KAR AUCTION SERVICES INC's debt growth rate surpasses just 2.82% of about US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, KAR AUCTION SERVICES INC is reporting a growth rate of 184.79%; that's higher than 92.5% of US stocks.
- KAR AUCTION SERVICES INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 105.29%, greater than the shareholder yield of 97.83% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to KAR, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SSP, CMLS, SIDU, NPO, and THRY.
- Visit KAR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.karglobal.com.
KAR Valuation Summary
- KAR's price/sales ratio is 1.1; this is 37.5% higher than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- KAR's price/earnings ratio has moved up 47.5 over the prior 164 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KAR.
KAR Growth Metrics
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at -72.39%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at -16.32%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -44.64%.
The table below shows KAR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
KAR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- KAR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 58.6% of graded US stocks.
- KAR's asset turnover comes in at 0.316 -- ranking 162nd of 165 Retail stocks.
- MUSA, ROST, and NSIT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with KAR.
The table below shows KAR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
KAR Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of KAR, see our KAR price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$19.33||Average Broker Recommendation||1.65 (Moderate Buy)|
KAR Auction Services, Inc (KAR) Company Bio
Kar Auction Services operates worldwide vehicle auction services and provides related services. The company was founded in 2006 and is based in Carmel, Indiana.
Most Popular Stories View All
KAR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KAR Latest Social Stream
View Full KAR Social Stream
Latest KAR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about KAR AUCTION SERVICES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KAR as an investment opportunity.
KAR Global Commences Offer to Purchase Certain of Its Outstanding 5.125% Senior Notes Due 2025
KAR Auction Services, Inc. (to be renamed OPENLANE, Inc.), d/b/a KAR Global (NYSE: KAR) (the "Company"), today announced that it has commenced an offer to purchase for cash (the "Asset Disposition Offer") up to $140,000,000 of its 5.125% Senior Notes due 2025 (the "Notes"), with a portion of the net cash proceeds received from its previously announced sale of its US physical auction business to Carvana. The Asset Disposition Offer is being made pursuant to the indenture governing the Notes (as a
KAR Auction Services (KAR) Q1 Earnings and Revenues Surpass Estimates
KAR Auction Services (KAR) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 33.33% and 8.36%, respectively, for the quarter ended March 2023. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
KAR Global to Rebrand as OPENLANE
KAR Auction Services, Inc. d/b/a KAR Global (NYSE: KAR) announces it is rebranding to OPENLANE. The change reflects the company's transformation to a more asset-light, digital marketplace company and signals a new simplified, customer-first approach to used vehicle remarketing. OPENLANE will serve as both the parent company brand and the go-to-market brand for the company's digital marketplaces in the US, Canada and Europe. Consolidating platforms, offerings and operations into OPENLANE will hel
KAR Auction Services, Inc. Reports First Quarter 2023 Financial Results
KAR Auction Services, Inc. (NYSE: KAR), today reported its first quarter financial results for the period ended March 31, 2023.
Should You Invest in KAR Auction Services (KAR) Now?
White Brook Capital Partners, an investment management firm, released its first-quarter investor letter. The same can be downloaded here. In the first quarter, the fund underperformed and was down 2.33% compared to the Midcap 400 Index’s 3.81% and the S&P 500 Index’s 7.49% returns. In January and February, the portfolio performed well, however, it suffered banking […]
KAR Price Returns
Continue Researching KARWant to do more research on KAR Auction Services Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
KAR Auction Services Inc (KAR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
KAR Auction Services Inc (KAR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
KAR Auction Services Inc (KAR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...