Chinook Therapeutics, Inc. (KDNY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
KDNY POWR Grades
- KDNY scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 76.46% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for KDNY is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- KDNY ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 12th percentile.
KDNY Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of CHINOOK THERAPEUTICS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 8.4% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- KDNY's price/sales ratio is 27.85; that's higher than the P/S ratio of 95.11% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that KDNY's revenue has grown -357.31% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of just 0.09% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to CHINOOK THERAPEUTICS INC are PLRX, HOWL, BPMC, FIXX, and SQZ.
- To dig deeper into the stock's financial statements, go to KDNY's page on browse-edgar?action=getcompany&CIK=0001435049.
KDNY Valuation Summary
- KDNY's price/earnings ratio is -14.4; this is 163.44% lower than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- KDNY's price/earnings ratio has moved up 131.1 over the prior 95 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KDNY.
KDNY Growth Metrics
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at -45.92%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at -40.54%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -37.84%.
The table below shows KDNY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
KDNY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- KDNY has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 33.61% of graded US stocks.
- KDNY's asset turnover comes in at -0.049 -- ranking 679th of 681 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- YMTX, VTRS, and CRIS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with KDNY.
The table below shows KDNY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
KDNY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KDNY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$24.82||52-week high||$27.44|
|Prev. close||$24.76||52-week low||$11.16|
|Day high||$25.35||Avg. volume||437,278|
|50-day MA||$24.20||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$20.01||Market Cap||1.59B|
Chinook Therapeutics, Inc. (KDNY) Company Bio
Chinook Therapeutics, Inc., a clinical-stage biotechnology company, focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of precision medicines for kidney diseases. The company's lead clinical program is atrasentan, an investigational Phase III ready endothelin receptor antagonist for the treatment of IgA nephropathy and other primary glomerular diseases. Its product candidates include BION-1301, an investigational anti-APRIL monoclonal antibody is being evaluated in a Phase Ib trial for IgA nephropathy; and CHK-336, a preclinical development candidate for an undisclosed ultra-orphan kidney disease, as well as research programs for other rare, severe chronic kidney diseases, including polycystic kidney disease. Chinook Therapeutics, Inc. is based in Seattle, Washington.
Most Popular Stories View All
KDNY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KDNY Latest Social Stream
View Full KDNY Social Stream
Latest KDNY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CHINOOK THERAPEUTICS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KDNY as an investment opportunity.
SEATTLE, Nov. 22, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Chinook Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: KDNY), a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of precision medicines for kidney diseases, today announced that Chinook management is scheduled to participate in fireside chats and one-on-one meetings at the following upcoming investor conferences: 5th Annual Evercore ISI HealthCONx Conference – Fireside chat on Tuesday, November 29th at 10:30 am ESTPiper Sandler 34th An
Analysts Offer Insights on Healthcare Companies: Lantheus (LNTH), Chinook Therapeutics (KDNY) and Axsome Therapeutics (AXSM)
There's a lot to be optimistic about in the Healthcare sector as 3 analysts just weighed in on Lantheus (LNTH – Research Report), Chinook Therapeutics (KDNY – Research Report) and Axsome Therapeutics (AXSM – Research Report) with bullish sentiments. Lantheus (LNTH) Mizuho Securities analyst Anthony Petrone maintained a Buy rating on Lantheus yesterday and set a price target of $105.00. The company's shares closed last Tuesday at $59.05. According to TipRanks.
SEATTLE, Nov. 10, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Chinook Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: KDNY), a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of precision medicines for kidney diseases, today provided a business update and reported financial results for the quarter and nine months ended September 30, 2022. “During the third quarter of 2022, we continued advancing our pipeline of clinical and preclinical programs for rare, severe chronic kidney diseases. We are ple
Chinook Therapeutics Presents Updated Data from BION-1301 Phase 1/2 Trial in Patients with IgA Nephropathy (IgAN) and CHK-336 Preclinical Efficacy Data at the American Society of Nephrology (ASN) Kidney Week 2022
BION-1301 Treatment Results in Rapid and Durable Reductions in IgA and Gd-IgA1 in Patients with IgA Nephropathy Following both IV and SC dosing, BION-1301 produced rapid and sustained reductions in IgA and Gd-IgA1, the pathogenic variant of IgA nephropathy BION-1301 Treatment Results in Clinically Meaningful Proteinuria Reductions in Patients with IgAN Mean reduction in UPCR of 53.8 % at 24 weeks in Cohort 2 with de novo SC administration of BION-1301 are consistent with those observed in Cohort
Chinook Therapeutics Presents Updated Data from Atrasentan Phase 2 AFFINITY IgA Nephropathy (IgAN) Patient Cohort, Preclinical Atrasentan Research and Ongoing Clinical Trials at the American Society of Nephrology (ASN) Kidney Week 2022
Atrasentan Treatment Results in Clinically Meaningful Proteinuria Reductions in Patients with IgAN Treatment with atrasentan results in durable and clinically meaningful proteinuria reductions in patients with IgAN receiving optimized standard of care Atrasentan was well-tolerated with no treatment-related serious adverse events (SAEs) Atrasentan demonstrated mean proteinuria reductions of 38.1% proteinuria at six weeks of treatment, 48.3% at 12 weeks of treatment and 54.7% at 24 weeks of treatm
KDNY Price Returns