Kirby Corporation (KEX): Price and Financial Metrics
KEX Stock Summary
- Kirby Corp's stock had its IPO on August 21, 1991, making it an older stock than 82.84% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Kirby Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 12.42% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, KEX has reported earnings growth of 101.2%, putting it ahead of 87.79% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Kirby Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be NES, OII, OPRA, TDW, and CPA.
- KEX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Kirby Corp's official web site, go to www.kirbycorp.com.
KEX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KEX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$61.45||52-week high||$68.25|
|Prev. close||$63.57||52-week low||$32.76|
|Day high||$63.24||Avg. volume||463,819|
|50-day MA||$55.74||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$48.66||Market Cap||3.69B|
Kirby Corporation (KEX) Company Bio
Kirby Corporation transports petrochemicals, black oil, refined petroleum products and agricultural chemicals by tank barge. The company was founded in 1921 and is based in Houston, Texas.
KEX Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Kirby Corp. To summarize, we found that Kirby Corp ranked in the 85th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for KEX, they are:
- In the past 5.55 years, Kirby Corp has a compound free cash flow growth rate of 0.84%; that's higher than 90.45% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Industrials sector.
- Kirby Corp's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 31 -- greater than 90.97% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- Kirby Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -8.49. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 9.08% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
KEX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KEX Latest Social Stream
View Full KEX Social Stream
Latest KEX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Kirby Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KEX as an investment opportunity.
Kirby Co. (NYSE:KEX) insider Christian G. O’neil sold 2,100 shares of the stock in a transaction that occurred on Friday, February 12th. The stock was sold at an average price of $60.76, for a total value of $127,596.00. Following the sale, the insider now directly owns 20,622 shares in the company, valued at approximately $1,252,992.72. […]
Kirby Co. (NYSE:KEX) VP Scott P. Miller sold 1,298 shares of the stock in a transaction that occurred on Wednesday, February 3rd. The stock was sold at an average price of $56.64, for a total transaction of $73,518.72. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available […]
Here are 5 stocks added to the Zacks Rank #5 (Strong Sell) List today
Kirby Corporation (KEX) Q4 2020 Earnings Conference Call January 28, 2021 8:30 a.m. ET Executives Eric Holcomb - VP, IR David Grzebinski - President and CEO Bill Harvey - EVP and CFO Analysts Jack Atkins - Stephens, Inc. Jon Chappell - Evercore ISI Ken Hoexter - Bank of America Randy...
The following slide deck was published by Kirby Corporation in conjunction with their 2020 Q4 earnings call....
KEX Price Returns
Continue Researching KEXHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Kirby Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!