Kirby Corporation (KEX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
KEX POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where KEX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.42% of US stocks.
- KEX's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- KEX ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 26th percentile.
KEX Stock Summary
- KEX's went public 31.45 years ago, making it older than 84.88% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Over the past twelve months, KEX has reported earnings growth of -170.5%, putting it ahead of just 9.2% of US stocks in our set.
- The volatility of KIRBY CORP's share price is greater than that of only 5.5% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to KIRBY CORP are WRLD, CWT, FOCS, TDS, and CLH.
- Visit KEX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.kirbycorp.com.
KEX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, KEX's price/earnings ratio is 98.53% higher, now standing at 40.4.
- KEX's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KEX.
KEX Growth Metrics
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 11604.32%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -53.88%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 40.5%.
The table below shows KEX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
KEX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- KEX has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 45.19% of graded US stocks.
- KEX's asset turnover comes in at 0.348 -- ranking 60th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- GATX, AIRT, and YELL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with KEX.
The table below shows KEX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
KEX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KEX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$65.12||52-week high||$75.08|
|Prev. close||$64.96||52-week low||$55.03|
|Day high||$65.52||Avg. volume||386,953|
|50-day MA||$65.30||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$65.07||Market Cap||3.90B|
Kirby Corporation (KEX) Company Bio
Kirby Corporation transports petrochemicals, black oil, refined petroleum products and agricultural chemicals by tank barge. The company was founded in 1921 and is based in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
KEX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KEX Latest Social Stream
View Full KEX Social Stream
Latest KEX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about KIRBY CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KEX as an investment opportunity.
Underscores Commitment to Ongoing Board RefreshmentHOUSTON, Jan. 24, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Kirby Corporation (NYSE: KEX) ("Kirby" or “the Company”) today announced the appointment of Susan W. Dio to the Company’s Board, effective January 24, 2023. Following the appointment of Ms. Dio, the Kirby Board of Directors will expand to ten directors, nine of whom are independent. Ms. Dio is a proven executive with more than 25 years of experience in international refining, petrochemicals and oil and
Kirby's (KEX) board decides to continue operating with both its businesses - Marine Transportation and Distribution and Services.
Kirby Corp. completes strategic review, decides against selling business unit amid current M&A climate
"Looking ahead, Kirby expects that favorable conditions for inland marine transportation and oil and gas markets will support continued growth in demand for the company’s products and services," the company said.
Tank barge operator Kirby Corporation said on Monday it had decided against a sale or spin-off of its distribution and services business, citing challenging financial market conditions. "The M&A market continues to be constrained by macroeconomic headwinds, including a challenging financing environment," said Joseph Pyne, Kirby's Chairman of the Board. Shares of the barge operator were up 1.6% at $64.9 in afternoon trade.
Kirby Corp. stock rose 2% in premarket trades Monday after the company said it remains open to opportunities to maximize value after wrapping up a strategic review of its distribution and services business. The Houston company said the market for mergers and acquisitions remains constrained partly because of a higher cost of borrowing to finance deals, but it will continue to weigh "any and all opportunities" for both its marine transport as well as its distribution and services businesses.
KEX Price Returns