Kirby Corporation (KEX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
KEX POWR Grades
- KEX scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 96.13% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for KEX is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- KEX ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 20th percentile.
KEX Stock Summary
- KEX's went public 31.15 years ago, making it older than 84.51% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Over the past twelve months, KEX has reported earnings growth of -318.17%, putting it ahead of just 5.4% of US stocks in our set.
- The volatility of KIRBY CORP's share price is greater than that of only 8.18% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to KEX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SGFY, WFG, USNA, TDW, and USX.
- KEX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit KIRBY CORP's official web site, go to www.kirbycorp.com.
KEX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, KEX's EV/EBIT ratio is 260.53% lower, now standing at -24.4.
- Over the past 243 months, KEX's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 33.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KEX.
KEX Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -417.08%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -47.22%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 9.25%.
The table below shows KEX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
KEX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- KEX has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 45.19% of graded US stocks.
- KEX's asset turnover comes in at 0.348 -- ranking 60th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- GATX, AIRT, and YELL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with KEX.
The table below shows KEX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
KEX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KEX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$66.62||52-week high||$75.08|
|Prev. close||$66.73||52-week low||$47.88|
|Day high||$66.71||Avg. volume||473,177|
|50-day MA||$65.72||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$65.00||Market Cap||3.99B|
Kirby Corporation (KEX) Company Bio
Kirby Corporation transports petrochemicals, black oil, refined petroleum products and agricultural chemicals by tank barge. The company was founded in 1921 and is based in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
KEX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KEX Latest Social Stream
View Full KEX Social Stream
Latest KEX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about KIRBY CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KEX as an investment opportunity.
The simplest way to invest in stocks is to buy exchange traded funds. But you can significantly boost your returns by...
STNG vs. KEX: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
Kirby (KEX) second-quarter 2022 earnings and revenues increase year over year.
If we want to find a stock that could multiply over the long term, what are the underlying trends we should look for...
Kirby (KEX) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 2.08% and 5.04%, respectively, for the quarter ended June 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
KEX Price Returns