Kirby Corporation (KEX): Price and Financial Metrics
KEX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$74.62||52-week high||$76.34|
|Prev. close||$72.83||52-week low||$55.03|
|Day high||$74.76||Avg. volume||352,633|
|50-day MA||$70.32||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$68.16||Market Cap||4.48B|
KEX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KEX POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where KEX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 87.34% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for KEX is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- KEX's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 27.6% of US stocks).
KEX Stock Summary
- KEX's went public 31.78 years ago, making it older than 85.23% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, KIRBY CORP is reporting a growth rate of -209.97%; that's higher than merely 7.93% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, KEX is more volatile than merely 4.05% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to KEX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CLH, AVO, MTW, WD, and AMED.
- Visit KEX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.kirbycorp.com.
KEX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, KEX's price/sales ratio is 36.36% higher, now standing at 1.5.
- Over the past 243 months, KEX's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KEX.
KEX Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -38.09%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -32.76%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at -13.77%.
The table below shows KEX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
KEX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- KEX has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 45.19% of graded US stocks.
- KEX's asset turnover comes in at 0.348 -- ranking 60th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- GATX, AIRT, and YELL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with KEX.
The table below shows KEX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
KEX Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of KEX, see our KEX price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$64.87||Average Broker Recommendation||1.5 (Moderate Buy)|
Kirby Corporation (KEX) Company Bio
Kirby Corporation transports petrochemicals, black oil, refined petroleum products and agricultural chemicals by tank barge. The company was founded in 1921 and is based in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
KEX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KEX Latest Social Stream
View Full KEX Social Stream
Latest KEX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about KIRBY CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KEX as an investment opportunity.
Kirby (KEX) Rides on Segmental Growth Amid Rising Costs
Strong segmental performances boost Kirby's (KEX) top line. Rising operating expenses are likely to weigh on the bottom line.
Kirby Corporation to Present at the Wolfe Research 16th Annual Global Transportation and Industrials Conference
HOUSTON, May 22, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Kirby Corporation ("Kirby") (NYSE:KEX) announced today that Kirby will present at the Wolfe Research 16th Annual Global Transportation & Industrials Conference on Wednesday, May 24, 2023. Specifics of the conference presentation are as follows: Wolfe Research 2023 Global Transportation & Industrials ConferenceDate: Wednesday, May 24, 2023Time: 3:40 p.m. Eastern / 2:40 p.m. CentralPresenter: Raj Kumar, Executive VP and CFOLocation: New York, NYWebcast Lin
7 Transportation Stocks to Buy for Big, Long-Term Gains
These transportation stocks fuel an essential part of the U.S. economy, contributing more than 5% of the country's GDP annually.
Kirby Corporation (NYSE:KEX) Is Going Strong But Fundamentals Appear To Be Mixed : Is There A Clear Direction For The Stock?
Kirby (NYSE:KEX) has had a great run on the share market with its stock up by a significant 7.5% over the last week...
Kirby (KEX) Q1 Earnings & Revenues Top Estimates, Up Y/Y
Kirby's (KEX) first-quarter 2023 revenues benefit from strength across marine transportation and distribution and services segments.
KEX Price Returns
Continue Researching KEXHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Kirby Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Kirby Corp (KEX) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Kirby Corp (KEX) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Kirby Corp (KEX) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...