Kirby Corporation (KEX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
KEX POWR Grades
- KEX scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 92.96% of US stocks.
- KEX's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 52 weeks.
- KEX's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 17% of US stocks).
KEX Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Kirby Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 15.02% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Kirby Corp comes in at -8.23%, a number that bests only 14.85% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Kirby Corp's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 11.38%, greater than the shareholder yield of 83.24% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to KEX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are TDW, CVEO, UAMY, USNA, and ERF.
- Visit KEX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.kirbycorp.com.
KEX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, KEX's price/sales ratio is 11.11% lower, now standing at 1.6.
- KEX's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.5 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, KEX's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 40.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KEX.
KEX Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -12.63%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 32.71%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 42.93%.
The table below shows KEX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
KEX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- KEX has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 45.19% of graded US stocks.
- KEX's asset turnover comes in at 0.348 -- ranking 60th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- GATX, AIRT, and YELL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with KEX.
The table below shows KEX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
KEX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KEX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$52.22||52-week high||$70.60|
|Prev. close||$54.48||52-week low||$47.58|
|Day high||$53.65||Avg. volume||400,681|
|50-day MA||$54.29||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$59.56||Market Cap||3.14B|
Kirby Corporation (KEX) Company Bio
Kirby Corporation transports petrochemicals, black oil, refined petroleum products and agricultural chemicals by tank barge. The company was founded in 1921 and is based in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
KEX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KEX Latest Social Stream
View Full KEX Social Stream
Latest KEX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Kirby Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KEX as an investment opportunity.
HOUSTON, Nov. 23, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Kirby Corporation ("Kirby" or “the Company”) (NYSE: KEX) announced today that Kirby will present in a fireside chat at the Stephens NASH2021 Investment Conference on Wednesday, December 1, 2021. Specifics of the conference presentation are as follows: Stephens NASH2021 Investment ConferenceDate: Wednesday, December 1, 2021Time: 4:00 p.m. Eastern / 3:00 p.m. CentralPresenters: David Grzebinski, President and CEORaj Kumar, Executive Vice President and CFO
In this article, we will discuss the top 10 stock picks of Dan Kozlowski’s Plaisance Capital. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, you can go directly to the Top 5 Stock Picks of Dan Kozlowski’s Plaisance Capital. Plaisance Capital LLC was founded by Daniel R. Kozlowski in November 2008. Plaisance […]
HMLP vs. KEX: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
Diamond Hill Capital, an investment management firm, published its “Diamond Hill Small Cap Fund” third-quarter 2021 investor letter – a copy of which can be downloaded here. The portfolio outpaced the Russell 2000® Index in the quarter, delivering nearly a 2% positive return against the index’s negative return and adding to year-to-date outperformance. You can […]
ZTO Express' (ZTO) Q3 results benefit from higher Express delivery services revenues, partly offset by decline in Freight forwarding services revenues.
KEX Price Returns