Kirby Corporation (KEX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
KEX POWR Grades
- KEX scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 84.93% of US stocks.
- KEX's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- KEX ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 2nd percentile.
KEX Stock Summary
- KEX's went public 29.96 years ago, making it older than 82.9% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Over the past twelve months, KEX has reported earnings growth of -130.1%, putting it ahead of only 15.78% of US stocks in our set.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Kirby Corp comes in at -26.06%, a number that bests merely 14.29% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Kirby Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be EPC, B, CW, AMWD, and FLS.
- Visit KEX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.kirbycorp.com.
KEX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, KEX's price/sales ratio is 50% lower, now standing at 1.7.
- KEX's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.6 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, KEX's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KEX.
KEX Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -178.32%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 35.62%.
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -202.11%.
The table below shows KEX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
KEX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KEX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$60.22||52-week high||$70.60|
|Prev. close||$59.43||52-week low||$35.10|
|Day high||$60.97||Avg. volume||404,426|
|50-day MA||$62.65||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$57.60||Market Cap||3.62B|
Kirby Corporation (KEX) Company Bio
Kirby Corporation transports petrochemicals, black oil, refined petroleum products and agricultural chemicals by tank barge. The company was founded in 1921 and is based in Houston, Texas.
KEX Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for KEX, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Kirby Corp ranked in the 91th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 1242% on a DCF basis. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Kirby Corp ended up being:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.75 years, is 0.86% -- higher than 88.13% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- As a business, KEX is generating more cash flow than 68.48% of positive cash flow stocks in the Industrials.
- Kirby Corp's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
KEX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KEX Latest Social Stream
View Full KEX Social Stream
Latest KEX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Kirby Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KEX as an investment opportunity.
Gradual improvement in economic activities is likely to have boosted the Q2 performance of the likes of Wabtec (WAB), Saia (SAIA) and Schneider National (SNDR) among others.
HOUSTON, July 27, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Kirby Corporation ("Kirby") (NYSE: KEX) today announced the appointment of Shawn D. Williams as a new independent member of the Kirby Board of Directors effective July 27, 2021. Mr. Williams has an extensive background in the chemicals industry with professional and board experience, and Kirby is pleased to welcome him to its Board of Directors. Since June 2021, Mr. Williams has served as the Chairman of the Board of Managers and Acting Chief Executive
Kirby (KEX) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Kirby Corporation ( NYSE:KEX ), is not the largest company out there, but it received a lot of attention from a...
Although the masses and most of the financial media blame hedge funds for their exorbitant fee structure and disappointing performance, these investors have proved to have great stock picking abilities over the years (that’s why their assets under management continue to swell). We believe hedge fund sentiment should serve as a crucial tool of an […]
KEX Price Returns