Kirby Corporation (KEX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
KEX POWR Grades
- KEX scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 84.93% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for KEX is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- KEX ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 2nd percentile.
KEX Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 56.57, Kirby Corp P/E ratio is greater than that of about 82.9% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Kirby Corp is reporting a growth rate of -130.1%; that's higher than just 15.91% of US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Kirby Corp comes in at -26.06%, a number that bests just 14.78% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to KEX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are EPC, B, FLS, CW, and MWA.
- Visit KEX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.kirbycorp.com.
KEX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, KEX's price/earnings ratio is 82.89% higher, now standing at 55.6.
- Over the past 243 months, KEX's price/sales ratio has gone up $0.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KEX.
KEX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KEX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$66.32||52-week high||$70.60|
|Prev. close||$67.13||52-week low||$35.10|
|Day high||$67.00||Avg. volume||401,538|
|50-day MA||$65.05||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$54.35||Market Cap||3.99B|
Kirby Corporation (KEX) Company Bio
Kirby Corporation transports petrochemicals, black oil, refined petroleum products and agricultural chemicals by tank barge. The company was founded in 1921 and is based in Houston, Texas.
KEX Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for KEX, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Kirby Corp ranked in the 91th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 1242% on a DCF basis. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Kirby Corp ended up being:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.75 years, is 0.86% -- higher than 88.13% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- As a business, KEX is generating more cash flow than 68.48% of positive cash flow stocks in the Industrials.
- Kirby Corp's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
KEX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KEX Latest Social Stream
View Full KEX Social Stream
Latest KEX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Kirby Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KEX as an investment opportunity.
Industrial stocks suffered badly last year.
Kirby's (KEX) Q1 results are hurt by coronavirus-led woes, low pricing in marine transportation and effects of the winter storm Uri. Despite beating estimates, revenues drop 22.8% year over year.
Evercore ISI Stick to Their Buy Rating for Kirby Corp.
With me today are David Grzebinski, Kirby's President and Chief Executive Officer; and Bill Harvey, Kirby's Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. A slide presentation for today's conference call as well as the earnings release, which was issued earlier today can be found on our website at kirbycorp.com.
Kirby (KEX) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
KEX Price Returns