Kemper Corporation (KMPR): Price and Financial Metrics
KMPR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$44.57||52-week high||$68.15|
|Prev. close||$44.23||52-week low||$38.32|
|Day high||$45.18||Avg. volume||375,662|
|50-day MA||$42.07||Dividend yield||2.8%|
|200-day MA||$48.24||Market Cap||2.86B|
KMPR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KMPR POWR Grades
- KMPR scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 96.38% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for KMPR is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- KMPR's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 7.79% of US stocks).
KMPR Stock Summary
- KEMPER CORP's stock had its IPO on September 18, 1991, making it an older stock than 83.73% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of KEMPER CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.15% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for KEMPER CORP is higher than it is for about 97.47% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to KMPR, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CGBD, LND, TCPC, HRZN, and BCSF.
- KMPR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit KEMPER CORP's official web site, go to www.kemper.com.
KMPR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, KMPR's price/sales ratio is 77.27% lower, now standing at 0.5.
- Over the past 243 months, KMPR's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KMPR.
KMPR Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 2264.52%.
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -216.08%.
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at 65.09%.
The table below shows KMPR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
KMPR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- KMPR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 50.79% of graded US stocks.
- KMPR's asset turnover comes in at 0.39 -- ranking 36th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- UFCS, HIG, and TIPT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with KMPR.
The table below shows KMPR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Kemper Corporation (KMPR) Company Bio
Kemper Corporation provides automobile, homeowners, life, health, and other insurance products to individuals and businesses in the United States. It operates through two segments, Property and Casualty Insurance, and Life and Health Insurance. The company was founded in 1990 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
KMPR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KMPR Latest Social Stream
View Full KMPR Social Stream
Latest KMPR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about KEMPER CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KMPR as an investment opportunity.
In a notable insider transaction, Director Stuart Parker of Kemper Corp (NYSE:KMPR) has recently increased his stake in the company.
The analysts covering Kemper Corporation ( NYSE:KMPR ) delivered a dose of negativity to shareholders today, by making...
The board of Kemper Corporation ( NYSE:KMPR ) has announced that it will pay a dividend on the 30th of November, with...
More on Kemper
Kemper Corporation (KMPR)
Q3 2023 Earnings Conference Call
October 30, 2023 5:00 PM ET
Karen Guerra - Vice President of Investor Relations
Joe Lacher - President and Chief Executive Officer and Chairman
Brad Camden - Senior Vice President, Treasurer and Interim Chief Financial Officer
Matt Hunton - President, Kemper Auto
Conference Call Participants
Greg Peters - Raymond James
Brian Meredith - UBS
Paul Newsome - Piper Sandler
Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. And welcome to Kemper's Third Quarter 2023 Earnings Conference Call. My name is Leser and I will be your coordinator today. At this...
KMPR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|