CarMax Inc. (KMX): Price and Financial Metrics
KMX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$79.13||52-week high||$106.24|
|Prev. close||$79.08||52-week low||$52.10|
|Day high||$81.13||Avg. volume||2,190,660|
|50-day MA||$69.72||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$69.55||Market Cap||12.51B|
KMX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KMX POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where KMX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 60.41% of US stocks.
- KMX's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- KMX's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 4.8% of US stocks).
KMX Stock Summary
- CARMAX INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 91.44% of US listed stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of CARMAX INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.44% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for CARMAX INC is higher than it is for about 90.68% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to CARMAX INC are MGM, FDP, FOR, HII, and TXT.
- Visit KMX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.carmax.com.
KMX Valuation Summary
- KMX's price/sales ratio is 0.4; this is 50% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 243 months, KMX's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 23.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KMX.
KMX Growth Metrics
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 68.34%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 51.53%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 29.59%.
The table below shows KMX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
KMX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- KMX has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 9.16% of graded US stocks.
- KMX's asset turnover comes in at 1.16 -- ranking 120th of 165 Retail stocks.
- GPI, LE, and BOOT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with KMX.
The table below shows KMX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
KMX Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of KMX, see our KMX price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$149.00||Average Broker Recommendation||1.47 (Moderate Buy)|
CarMax Inc. (KMX) Company Bio
CarMax is a used vehicle retailer based in the United States. It operates two business segments: CarMax Sales Operations and CarMax Auto Finance. The corporate entity behind the formation of CarMax was Circuit City Stores, Inc. The first CarMax retail location opened in September 1993 in Richmond, Virginia. As of May 2021, CarMax operates 225 locations. (Source:Wikipedia)
KMX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KMX Latest Social Stream
View Full KMX Social Stream
Latest KMX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CARMAX INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KMX as an investment opportunity.
CarMax (KMX) Stock Sinks As Market Gains: What You Should Know
In the latest trading session, CarMax (KMX) closed at $71.81, marking a -0.55% move from the previous day.
Advance Auto Parts tanks 35% after slashing guidance and dividend
Advance Auto Parts plunged 35% after cutting the company cut its dividend and slashed its full year guidance.
CarMax Announces First Quarter Conference Call and Annual Meeting Information
RICHMOND, Va., May 31, 2023--CarMax, Inc. (NYSE:KMX) will report its financial results for the first quarter ended May 31, 2023 before the market opens on June 23, 2023, and it will host a conference call with investors at 9:00 a.m. ET to discuss these results.
10 Most Popular Used EVs in Spring 2023: See How Much They Cost
Americans are becoming increasingly interested in going electric. A recent GOBankingRates survey found that 13% of Americans will definitely purchase an electric vehicle (EV) as their next car, and an...
CarMax (KMX) Outpaces Stock Market Gains: What You Should Know
CarMax (KMX) closed the most recent trading day at $72.21, moving +0.64% from the previous trading session.
KMX Price Returns
Continue Researching KMXHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Carmax Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Carmax Inc (KMX) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Carmax Inc (KMX) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Carmax Inc (KMX) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...