CarMax Inc (KMX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
KMX POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where KMX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 87.93% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for KMX is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- KMX ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 15th percentile.
KMX Stock Summary
- Carmax Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 92.67% of US listed stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Carmax Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.42% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Carmax Inc is higher than it is for about 92.69% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to KMX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are IPG, CE, LDOS, DRI, and FLEX.
- KMX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Carmax Inc's official web site, go to www.carmax.com.
KMX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, KMX's price/sales ratio is 70.97% lower, now standing at 0.9.
- KMX's price/earnings ratio has moved down 22.9 over the prior 243 months.
- KMX's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KMX.
KMX Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 209.46%.
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 61.61%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 30.74%.
The table below shows KMX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
KMX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KMX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$133.95||52-week high||$138.77|
|Prev. close||$134.97||52-week low||$84.70|
|Day high||$136.45||Avg. volume||1,204,825|
|50-day MA||$124.39||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$115.85||Market Cap||21.83B|
CarMax Inc (KMX) Company Bio
CarMax Inc. purchase, recondition, and sell used vehicles in its superstores and franchises throughout the United States. The company was founded in 2006 and is based in Carmel, Indiana.
KMX Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Carmax Inc. To summarize, we found that Carmax Inc ranked in the 8th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Carmax Inc, consider:
- In the past 0.8 years, Carmax Inc has a compound free cash flow growth rate of -0.28%; that's better than only 4.68% of cash flow producing equities in the Consumer Cyclical sector, where it is classified.
- Carmax Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 2.16% of tickers in our DCF set.
- KMX's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than only 2.16% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
KMX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KMX Latest Social Stream
View Full KMX Social Stream
Latest KMX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Carmax Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KMX as an investment opportunity.
CarMax (KMX) closed at $133.95 in the latest trading session, marking a -0.76% move from the prior day.
ARCB, JBL, MAN, and KMX made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) growth stocks list on July 29, 2021.
Robinhood stocks have introduced a multitude of new, younger investors to the world of investing.
As rival AutoNation zooms past its own buy point, CarMax is chasing a breakout after driving 1,043% EPS growth.
What are the early trends we should look for to identify a stock that could multiply in value over the long term? In a...
KMX Price Returns