CarMax Inc (KMX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
KMX POWR Grades
- KMX scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 95.99% of US stocks.
- KMX's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 199 days.
- KMX ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 13th percentile.
KMX Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for KMX is 4.34 -- better than 90.95% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Carmax Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.34% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Carmax Inc is higher than it is for about 92.64% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to KMX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are LDOS, ARE, IPG, CE, and RSTRF.
- KMX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Carmax Inc's official web site, go to www.carmax.com.
KMX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KMX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$129.99||52-week high||$138.66|
|Prev. close||$130.29||52-week low||$70.72|
|Day high||$130.67||Avg. volume||1,248,479|
|50-day MA||$130.18||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$109.24||Market Cap||21.21B|
CarMax Inc (KMX) Company Bio
CarMax Inc. purchase, recondition, and sell used vehicles in its superstores and franchises throughout the United States. The company was founded in 2006 and is based in Carmel, Indiana.
KMX Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Carmax Inc. To summarize, we found that Carmax Inc ranked in the 8th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 96%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Carmax Inc, consider:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 0.8 years comes in at -0.28%; that's greater than merely 6.23% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Carmax Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than merely 2.17% of tickers in our DCF set.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than just 0% of stocks in its sector (Consumer Cyclical).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
KMX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KMX Latest Social Stream
View Full KMX Social Stream
Latest KMX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Carmax Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KMX as an investment opportunity.
Ocugen, Domino's Pizza, Meredith, CarMax and BioNTech are five top gainers for Monday.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average traded higher in today's stock market while the Nasdaq composite led on the downside and was the only index trading lower.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose in a mixed session that saw the Nasdaq inch lower. Berkshire Hathaway stock rallied after Warren Buffett announced his successor as Berkshire Hathaway CEO, while Dow Inc. was the best performing blue chip.
BofA analyst Nat Schindler upgraded used-car dealer Carvana to Buy from Neutral and lifted the target price to $350 from $285. Headwinds for car makers and more demand will benefit Carvana, Schindler writes.
CarMax (KMX) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
KMX Price Returns