Koppers Holdings Inc. Koppers Holdings Inc. (KOP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
KOP POWR Grades
- KOP scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 94% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for KOP is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- KOP ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 43rd percentile.
KOP Stock Summary
- Koppers Holdings Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 91.17% of US listed stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 4.78, Koppers Holdings Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about only 4.6% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- KOP's price/sales ratio is 0.43; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 6.74% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Koppers Holdings Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be ENVA, ELVT, TWNK, PATK, and CXP.
- KOP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Koppers Holdings Inc's official web site, go to www.koppers.com.
KOP Valuation Summary
KOP's price/sales ratio is 0.4; this is 84.62% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
KOP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KOP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$33.29||52-week high||$39.44|
|Prev. close||$33.22||52-week low||$15.89|
|Day high||$33.75||Avg. volume||137,168|
|50-day MA||$34.26||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$30.38||Market Cap||707.11M|
Koppers Holdings Inc. Koppers Holdings Inc. (KOP) Company Bio
Koppers Holdings Inc. provides carbon compounds, wood treatment chemicals, and treated wood products and services in the United States and internationally. The company operates through three segments: Railroad and Utility Products and Services (RUPS), Carbon Materials and Chemicals (CMC), and Performance Chemicals (PC). The company was founded in 1988 and is based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
KOP Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for KOP, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Koppers Holdings Inc ranked in the 46th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Koppers Holdings Inc ended up being:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 45% of its capital from equity, and 55% of its capital from debt. Its equity weight surpasses that of only 6.74% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Basic Materials sector.
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.76 years comes in at 0%; that's greater than just 22.78% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Koppers Holdings Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 1.62% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
KOP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KOP Latest Social Stream
View Full KOP Social Stream
Latest KOP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Koppers Holdings Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KOP as an investment opportunity.
Koppers (KOP) witnessed strong demand in railroad bridge services and continued demand for copper-based preservatives in the United States in Q1.
An uptick in end-market demand and benefits of self-help actions are likely to reflect on the performance of DuPont (DD), Westlake (WLK), Koppers (KOP) and Trinseo (TSE) in Q1.
Koppers Holdings Inc. (NYSE: KOP) plans to release its financial results for the first quarter of 2021 before the opening of the markets on Friday, May 7, 2021, and discuss its outlook on a conference call later that day at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time. Presentation materials will be available at least 15 minutes before the call on www.koppers.com in the Investor Relations section of the company's website.
The recent sector rotation toward cyclical stocks, goods and services people use every day, was a boon to iconic multipurpose lubricants maker WD-40. The 72 Relative Strength Rating means that San Diego-based WD-40 is outperforming 72% of all stocks, regardless of industry group. See if WD-40 can continue to show renewed price strength and clear that threshold.
SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Levi & Korsinsky, LLP Notifies Shareholders of an Investigation Concerning Possible Breaches of Fiduciary Duty by Certain Officers and Directors of Koppers Holdings Inc. (KOP)
New York, New York--(Newsfile Corp. - April 6, 2021) - Levi & Korsinsky announces it has commenced an investigation of Koppers Holdings Inc. (NYSE: KOP) concerning possible breaches of fiduciary duty. To obtain additional information, go to:https://www.zlk.com/compensation2/koppers-holdings-inc-information-request-formor contact Joseph E. Levi, Esq. either via email at [email protected] or by telephone at (212) 363-7500. There is no cost or obligation to you.Levi & Korsinsky is a nationally recognized firm with offices in New York, Connecticut, ...
KOP Price Returns