Kosmos Energy Ltd. (KOS): Price and Financial Metrics
KOS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$6.34||52-week high||$8.55|
|Prev. close||$6.22||52-week low||$5.28|
|Day high||$6.40||Avg. volume||5,325,966|
|50-day MA||$7.11||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$6.92||Market Cap||2.92B|
KOS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KOS POWR Grades
- KOS scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 83.52% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for KOS is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- KOS ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 9th percentile.
KOS Stock Summary
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for KOS is currently 4.19, higher than merely 17.1% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of KOSMOS ENERGY LTD's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 3.3% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- As for revenue growth, note that KOS's revenue has grown -23.88% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of merely 11.89% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to KOS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SM, MRO, CPE, CHK, and CRK.
- Visit KOS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.kosmosenergy.com.
KOS Valuation Summary
- KOS's price/sales ratio is 1.8; this is 38.46% higher than that of the median Energy stock.
- KOS's price/sales ratio has moved down 723.1 over the prior 153 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KOS.
KOS Growth Metrics
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 192.71%.
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 10241.13%.
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 102.95%.
The table below shows KOS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
KOS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- KOS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 26.28% of graded US stocks.
- KOS's asset turnover comes in at 0.289 -- ranking 90th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- NCSM, PED, and XPRO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with KOS.
The table below shows KOS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Kosmos Energy Ltd. (KOS) Company Bio
Kosmos Energy Ltd. explores for and produces oil and gas in Africa, Europe, and South America. The company was founded in 2003 and is based in Hamilton, Bermuda.
KOS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KOS Latest Social Stream
View Full KOS Social Stream
Latest KOS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about KOSMOS ENERGY LTD that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KOS as an investment opportunity.
In this piece, we will take a look at the 13 cheap energy stocks to buy. If you want to skip our overview of the energy industry and some recent trends, then check out 5 Cheap Energy Stocks To Buy. Despite the global push towards renewable energy and emissions free vehicles, the global fossil fuel […]
With a slew of projects either beginning or set to come online, Kosmos Energy is poised for a big 2024.
If we want to find a stock that could multiply over the long term, what are the underlying trends we should look for...
Kosmos Energy Ltd. (NYSE:KOS) Q3 2023 Earnings Call Transcript November 6, 2023 Kosmos Energy Ltd. misses on earnings expectations. Reported EPS is $0.1771 EPS, expectations were $0.21. Operator: Good day, everyone. Welcome to Kosmos Energy’s Third Quarter 2023 Conference Call. As a reminder, today’s call is being recorded. At this time, let me turn the […]
Q3 2023 Kosmos Energy Ltd Earnings Call
KOS Price Returns