Kosmos Energy Ltd. (KOS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
KOS POWR Grades
- KOS scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 96.89% of US stocks.
- KOS's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- KOS ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 7th percentile.
KOS Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of KOSMOS ENERGY LTD's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 4.75% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, KOSMOS ENERGY LTD is reporting a growth rate of -938.76%; that's higher than only 1.91% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that KOS's revenue has grown 104.75% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 92.12% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to KOSMOS ENERGY LTD are LGHL, NVTA, SSRM, KN, and ETWO.
- KOS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit KOSMOS ENERGY LTD's official web site, go to www.kosmosenergy.com.
KOS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, KOS's price/sales ratio is 11.11% higher, now standing at 1.5.
- KOS's price/earnings ratio has moved up 28.9 over the prior 142 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KOS.
KOS Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -50.38%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 337.14%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 107.72%.
The table below shows KOS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
KOS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- KOS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 26.28% of graded US stocks.
- KOS's asset turnover comes in at 0.289 -- ranking 90th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- NCSM, PED, and XPRO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with KOS.
The table below shows KOS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
KOS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KOS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$8.12||52-week high||$8.48|
|Prev. close||$8.15||52-week low||$4.09|
|Day high||$8.31||Avg. volume||6,141,306|
|50-day MA||$6.55||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$6.52||Market Cap||3.70B|
Kosmos Energy Ltd. (KOS) Company Bio
Kosmos Energy Ltd. explores for and produces oil and gas in Africa, Europe, and South America. The company was founded in 2003 and is based in Hamilton, Bermuda.
Most Popular Stories View All
KOS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KOS Latest Social Stream
View Full KOS Social Stream
Latest KOS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about KOSMOS ENERGY LTD that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KOS as an investment opportunity.
DALLAS, January 23, 2023--Kosmos Energy (NYSE/LSE: KOS) ("Kosmos" or the "Company") announces that the floating production, storage and offloading vessel ("FPSO") for the Greater Tortue Ahmeyim ("GTA") liquefied natural gas project has departed the COSCO shipyard in China to commence its voyage via Singapore to the project site on the maritime border of Mauritania and Senegal. The voyage is approximately 12,000 nautical miles and the vessel is expected to arrive in the second quarter.
Kosmos Energy (KOS) closed at $6.04 in the latest trading session, marking a +0.83% move from the prior day.
The simplest way to invest in stocks is to buy exchange traded funds. But you can significantly boost your returns by...
Although a contentious sector, the top oil stock predictions for 2023 suggest that hydrocarbon specialists have years of relevance left.
In this article, we discuss the 12 oil stocks with the biggest upside. If you want to read about some more oil stocks with the biggest upside, go directly to 5 Oil Stocks With Biggest Upside. The petroleum industry, also known as the oil industry, includes the global processes of exploration, extraction, refining, transportation, and […]
KOS Price Returns