Kosmos Energy Ltd. (KOS): Price and Financial Metrics
KOS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$6.71||52-week high||$8.55|
|Prev. close||$6.81||52-week low||$4.64|
|Day high||$6.82||Avg. volume||5,769,720|
|50-day MA||$6.71||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$6.69||Market Cap||3.09B|
KOS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KOS POWR Grades
- KOS scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 50.37% of US stocks.
- KOS's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- KOS's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 7.19% of US stocks).
KOS Stock Summary
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for KOS is currently 2.98, higher than just 14.16% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of KOSMOS ENERGY LTD's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 3.4% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, KOSMOS ENERGY LTD is reporting a growth rate of 168.1%; that's higher than 91.96% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to KOSMOS ENERGY LTD, a group of peers worth examining would be SM, KN, MUR, MUX, and ETWO.
- Visit KOS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.kosmosenergy.com.
KOS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, KOS's price/sales ratio is 40% higher, now standing at 1.4.
- KOS's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 37.4 over the prior 146 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KOS.
KOS Growth Metrics
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 192.71%.
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 10241.13%.
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 102.95%.
The table below shows KOS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
KOS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- KOS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 26.28% of graded US stocks.
- KOS's asset turnover comes in at 0.289 -- ranking 90th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- NCSM, PED, and XPRO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with KOS.
The table below shows KOS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
KOS Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of KOS, see our KOS price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$4.43||Average Broker Recommendation||1.44 (Moderate Buy)|
Kosmos Energy Ltd. (KOS) Company Bio
Kosmos Energy Ltd. explores for and produces oil and gas in Africa, Europe, and South America. The company was founded in 2003 and is based in Hamilton, Bermuda.
KOS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KOS Latest Social Stream
View Full KOS Social Stream
Latest KOS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about KOSMOS ENERGY LTD that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KOS as an investment opportunity.
Kosmos Energy Announces First Quarter 2023 Results
DALLAS, May 09, 2023--Kosmos Energy Ltd. ("Kosmos" or the "Company") (NYSE/LSE: KOS) announced today its financial and operating results for the first quarter of 2023. For the quarter, the Company generated a net income of $83 million, or $0.17 per diluted share. When adjusted for certain items that impact the comparability of results, the Company generated an adjusted net income(1) of $78 million, or $0.16 per diluted share for the first quarter of 2023.
Kosmos Energy Announces New Appointments to Board of Directors
DALLAS, April 26, 2023--Kosmos Energy Ltd. ("Kosmos" or the "Company") (NYSE/LSE: KOS) announced today that its Board of Directors (the "Board") has appointed three new Directors, effective April 25, 2023: Ms. Maria Moræus Hanssen, Sir John Grant, and Mr. J. Mike Stice. The Company also announced today that Sir Richard Dearlove has informed the Company he will not seek re-election to the Board at the end of his current term. Sir Richard has served on the Board with distinction since 2012.
Kosmos Energy to Host First Quarter 2023 Results and Webcast on May 9, 2023
DALLAS, April 19, 2023--Kosmos Energy (NYSE/LSE: KOS) announced today the following schedule for its first quarter 2023 results:
Is Kosmos Energy Ltd.'s (NYSE:KOS) ROE Of 29% Impressive?
While some investors are already well versed in financial metrics (hat tip), this article is for those who would like...
15 Best Stocks Under $10 To Buy Now
In this article, we will discuss the 15 best stocks to buy now that are currently trading under $10. If you want to explore similar stocks, you can also take a look at 5 Best Stocks Under $10 To Buy Now. The stock market volatility of 2022 has carried into 2023. The year got off […]
KOS Price Returns
Continue Researching KOSWant to do more research on Kosmos Energy Ltd's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Kosmos Energy Ltd (KOS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Kosmos Energy Ltd (KOS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Kosmos Energy Ltd (KOS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...