Cheniere Energy, Inc. (LNG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
LNG POWR Grades
- LNG scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 86.78% of US stocks.
- LNG's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 48 weeks.
- LNG ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 22nd percentile.
LNG Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for LNG is -97.68 -- better than just 0.21% of US stocks.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Cheniere Energy Inc is higher than it is for about 97.1% of US stocks.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at -1,131.05 for Cheniere Energy Inc; that's greater than it is for just 0.02% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Cheniere Energy Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be GSKY, WYNN, KFS, MDXG, and CDK.
- LNG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Cheniere Energy Inc's official web site, go to www.cheniere.com.
LNG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, LNG's price/sales ratio is 46.67% higher, now standing at 2.2.
- Over the past 243 months, LNG's price/sales ratio has gone down 3.6.
- LNG's price/sales ratio has moved down 3.6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for LNG.
LNG Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 204.67%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -107.6%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 79.92%.
The table below shows LNG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
LNG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- LNG has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 22.1% of graded US stocks.
- LNG's asset turnover comes in at 0.286 -- ranking 28th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- ARTNA, SRE, and PCYO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with LNG.
The table below shows LNG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
LNG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
LNG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$93.79||52-week high||$94.23|
|Prev. close||$89.92||52-week low||$44.65|
|Day high||$94.23||Avg. volume||1,312,187|
|50-day MA||$86.78||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$77.12||Market Cap||23.79B|
Cheniere Energy, Inc. (LNG) Company Bio
Cheniere Energy engages in the liquefied natural gas related business. It operates through two segments, LNG Terminal Business, and LNG and Natural Gas Marketing Business. The company was founded in 1983 and is based in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
LNG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
LNG Latest Social Stream
View Full LNG Social Stream
Latest LNG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Cheniere Energy Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate LNG as an investment opportunity.
Cheniere (LNG) has seen solid earnings estimate revision activity over the past month, and belongs to a strong industry as well.
Cheniere Energy with ticker code (LNG) now have 22 analysts covering the stock with the consensus suggesting a rating of ''Buy''. The target price ranges between 123 and 61 and has a mean target at 102.64. Given that the stocks previous close was at 88.54 this now indicates there is a potential upside of 15.9%. There is a 50 day moving average of 87.02 and the 200 day moving average is 81.77. The market cap for the company is $23,355m. You can visit the company''s website by visiting: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="LNG" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] Cheniere Energy, an energy infrastructure company, engages in the liquefied natural gas (LNG) related businesses in the United States. It owns and operates the Sabine Pass LNG terminal in...
The offering's net proceeds will likely be allocated by Cheniere Energy Partners (CQP) for refinancing all of its senior notes outstanding that are scheduled to mature by 2026.
U.S. liquefied natural gas (LNG) company Freeport LNG said on Wednesday that it was still not producing LNG at its export plant in Texas due to a power outage during Tropical Storm Nicholas. "Our production remains off-line until CenterPoint completes repair work on their system," Freeport LNG spokesperson Heather Browne said in an email, referring to the local power company, which is a unit of CenterPoint Energy Inc.
U.S. liquefied natural gas (LNG) company Freeport LNG said on Tuesday all three liquefaction trains at its export plant in Texas shut, likely due to power outages from Tropical Storm Nicholas. The center of Nicholas was located about 30 miles (55 kilometers) southeast of Houston and could cause life-threatening flash floods across the Deep South during the next couple of days, according to the U.S. National Hurricane Center. At its peak Tuesday morning, Nicholas knocked out power to more than 529,000 homes and businesses in Texas, mostly in the Houston area.
LNG Price Returns