Laredo Petroleum, Inc. (LPI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
LPI POWR Grades
- LPI scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 99.58% of US stocks.
- LPI's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 52 weeks.
- LPI's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 0.94% of US stocks).
LPI Stock Summary
- Laredo Petroleum Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 92.69% of US listed stocks.
- LPI's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of merely 0.12% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, LPI is more volatile than 93.56% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to LPI, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are BTU, WOW, ENLC, SXC, and OSG.
- LPI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Laredo Petroleum Inc's official web site, go to www.laredopetro.com.
LPI Valuation Summary
- LPI's price/earnings ratio is -1.6; this is 107.96% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- Over the past 118 months, LPI's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 38.6.
- Over the past 118 months, LPI's price/sales ratio has gone down 8.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for LPI.
LPI Growth Metrics
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 419.03%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -83.66%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 46.76%.
The table below shows LPI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
LPI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- LPI has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 71% of graded US stocks.
- LPI's asset turnover comes in at 0.639 -- ranking 38th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- CCLP, NBR, and FANG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with LPI.
The table below shows LPI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
LPI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
LPI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$60.11||52-week high||$99.26|
|Prev. close||$57.72||52-week low||$11.55|
|Day high||$64.31||Avg. volume||664,573|
|50-day MA||$76.18||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$56.73||Market Cap||1.03B|
Laredo Petroleum, Inc. (LPI) Company Bio
Laredo Petroleum, Inc. focuses on the acquisition, exploration, and development of oil and natural gas properties primarily in the Permian Basin in west Texas. The company was formerly known as Laredo Petroleum Holdings, Inc. and changed its name to Laredo Petroleum, Inc. in December 2013. The company was founded in 2006 and is based in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Most Popular Stories View All
LPI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
LPI Latest Social Stream
View Full LPI Social Stream
Latest LPI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Laredo Petroleum Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate LPI as an investment opportunity.
Laredo Petroleum with ticker code (LPI) have now 9 analysts in total covering the stock. The consensus rating is ''Buy''. The range between the high target price and low target price is between 114 and 69 calculating the mean target price we have 95.11. Now with the previous closing price of 76.92 this is indicating there is a potential upside of 23.6%. The 50 day MA is 80.13 while the 200 day moving average is 63.52. The market cap for the company is $1,196m. Find out more information at: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="LPI" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] Laredo Petroleum, an independent energy company, engages in the acquisition, exploration, and development of oil and natural gas properties in the Permian Basin of West Texas, the Un...
Laredo Petroleum, Inc. (NYSE:LPI) Research analysts at Capital One Financial decreased their FY2021 earnings per share estimates for shares of Laredo Petroleum in a note issued to investors on Wednesday, November 3rd. Capital One Financial analyst B. Velie now forecasts that the oil and gas producer will post earnings per share of $9.82 for 
Federated Hermes Inc. purchased a new stake in shares of Laredo Petroleum, Inc. (NYSE:LPI) during the 2nd quarter, HoldingsChannel.com reports. The firm purchased 12,691 shares of the oil and gas producers stock, valued at approximately $1,178,000. Other institutional investors and hedge funds also recently made changes to their positions in the company. L & S 
LPI earnings call for the period ending September 30, 2021.
Laredo Petroleum (NYSE:LPI) announced its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday. The oil and gas producer reported $1.84 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of $2.90 by ($1.06), MarketWatch Earnings reports. Laredo Petroleum had a negative net margin of 67.47% and a negative return on equity of 499.97%. During the same 
LPI Price Returns