Laredo Petroleum, Inc. (LPI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
LPI POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where LPI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.63% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for LPI is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 48 weeks.
- LPI's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 1.53% of US stocks).
LPI Stock Summary
- Laredo Petroleum Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than just 1.86% of US listed stocks.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at -61.16 for Laredo Petroleum Inc; that's greater than it is for just 0.4% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, LPI is more volatile than 95.78% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to LPI, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ATUS, NM, MMLP, CCLP, and AHT.
- LPI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Laredo Petroleum Inc's official web site, go to www.laredopetro.com.
LPI Valuation Summary
- LPI's price/earnings ratio is -1.6; this is 107.96% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- Over the past 118 months, LPI's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 38.6.
- Over the past 118 months, LPI's price/sales ratio has gone down 8.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for LPI.
LPI Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 12.32%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 35.65%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 8.47%.
The table below shows LPI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
LPI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- LPI has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 70.73% of graded US stocks.
- LPI's asset turnover comes in at 0.577 -- ranking 39th of 138 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- XEC, EGY, and NBR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with LPI.
The table below shows LPI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
LPI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
LPI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$82.04||52-week high||$99.26|
|Prev. close||$76.53||52-week low||$7.71|
|Day high||$82.38||Avg. volume||643,211|
|50-day MA||$55.27||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$44.75||Market Cap||1.32B|
Laredo Petroleum, Inc. (LPI) Company Bio
Laredo Petroleum, Inc. focuses on the acquisition, exploration, and development of oil and natural gas properties primarily in the Permian Basin in west Texas. The company was formerly known as Laredo Petroleum Holdings, Inc. and changed its name to Laredo Petroleum, Inc. in December 2013. The company was founded in 2006 and is based in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Most Popular Stories View All
LPI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
LPI Latest Social Stream
View Full LPI Social Stream
Latest LPI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Laredo Petroleum Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate LPI as an investment opportunity.
Cash from offloading some of its assets can enable Pioneer Natural (PXD) to reduce debt burden and provide its balance sheet with some breathing room.
Gainers Verastem, Inc. (NASDAQ: VSTM) rose 30.8% to $3.61 in pre-market trading after the company announced a mini oral presentation highlighting updated data from the ongoing investigator-sponsored Phase 1/2 FRAME study. Aprea Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: APRE) rose 27.3% to $6.44 in pre-market trading after gaining around 5% on Friday. SmileDirectClub, Inc. (NASDAQ: SDC) rose 18.8% to $7.96 in pre-market trading after jumping around 12% on Friday. Corvus Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: CRVS) ros
TULSA, OK, Sept. 19, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Laredo Petroleum, Inc. (NYSE: LPI) ("Laredo" or the "Company") today announced the signing of a purchase and sale agreement to acquire approximately 20,000 net acres in western Glasscock County from Pioneer Natural Resources Company (NYSE: PXD) ("Pioneer") for approximately $230 million, subject to customary closing price adjustments. This is Laredo’s second significant acquisition in 2021, as the Company continues to execute its transformational str
Good morning, trader!
LPI earnings call for the period ending June 30, 2021.
LPI Price Returns