Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): Price and Financial Metrics
LUV Stock Summary
- LUV has a market capitalization of $28,960,975,214 -- more than approximately 92.79% of US stocks.
- LUV's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 2,118.45 -- higher than 97.89% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Southwest Airlines Co's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.48% of US equities in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to LUV, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are WCN, RSG, CTSH, CS, and RCL.
- Visit LUV's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.southwest.com.
LUV Stock Price Chart More Charts
LUV Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$57.29||52-week high||$58.83|
|Prev. close||$57.11||52-week low||$47.40|
|Day high||$57.33||Avg. volume||4,146,941|
|50-day MA||$55.42||Dividend yield||1.26%|
|200-day MA||$53.69||Market Cap||29.64B|
Southwest Airlines Company (LUV) Company Bio
Southwest Airlines operates passenger airlines that provide scheduled air transportation services in the United States, Mexico, Jamaica, The Bahamas, Aruba, and the Dominican Republic. The company was founded in 1967 and is based in Dallas, Texas.
LUV Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Southwest Airlines Co with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Southwest Airlines Co ranked in the 67st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Southwest Airlines Co, consider:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 26.06; that's higher than 88.44% of US stocks in the Industrials sector that have positive free cash flow.
- LUV's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 38.86% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|