Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
LUV POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where LUV ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.83% of US stocks.
- LUV's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 26 weeks.
- LUV's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 21.03% of US stocks).
LUV Stock Summary
- SOUTHWEST AIRLINES CO's market capitalization of $23,560,079,519 is ahead of 91.02% of US-listed equities.
- SOUTHWEST AIRLINES CO's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.52% of US equities in our set.
- Over the past twelve months, LUV has reported earnings growth of 295.21%, putting it ahead of 94.34% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to SOUTHWEST AIRLINES CO, a group of peers worth examining would be HIG, WTW, RF, IP, and TU.
- Visit LUV's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.southwest.com.
LUV Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, LUV's price/earnings ratio is 40.69% higher, now standing at 28.7.
- Over the past 243 months, LUV's price/sales ratio has gone down 1.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for LUV.
LUV Growth Metrics
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at 56.72%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -41.67%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 5.32%.
The table below shows LUV's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
LUV's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- LUV has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 88.21% of graded US stocks.
- LUV's asset turnover comes in at 0.351 -- ranking 54th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- JBLU, DAL, and UAL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with LUV.
The table below shows LUV's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
LUV Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
LUV Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$37.49||52-week high||$50.10|
|Prev. close||$37.81||52-week low||$30.20|
|Day high||$38.63||Avg. volume||6,364,820|
|50-day MA||$35.85||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$39.50||Market Cap||22.26B|
Southwest Airlines Company (LUV) Company Bio
Southwest Airlines operates passenger airlines that provide scheduled air transportation services in the United States, Mexico, Jamaica, The Bahamas, Aruba, and the Dominican Republic. The company was founded in 1967 and is based in Dallas, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
LUV Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
LUV Latest Social Stream
View Full LUV Social Stream
Latest LUV News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SOUTHWEST AIRLINES CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate LUV as an investment opportunity.
Major carriers suspended shareholder payouts during the Covid-19 pandemic as a condition of receiving federal government aid.
Yahoo Finance Live examines Citi's forecasts warning on Southwest Airlines Q4 capex, tied to new pilot wages and elevated travel costs.
Southwest's decision to reinstate its dividend comes as the company has seen profit and revenue come back due to a robust recovery in travel demand.
Shares of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV), and Uber (NYSE: UBER) all fell on Wednesday, down 3.5%, 3.6%, and 2.3%, respectively, as of 1:20 p.m. EST. As recession fears loom over the economy, it appears several analysts and investors are turning cautious on travel names toward year-end. With that much pessimism hanging over the economy, some analysts are downgrading travel names today despite the seemingly positive current picture.
Shares of Southwest Airlines were down about 4% on Wednesday after the airline said it would [reinstate its dividend](https://www.wsj.com/articles/southwest-to-resume-quarterly-dividend-payment-after-more-than-two-years-11670431492), making it the first major carrier to do so after the Covid-19 pandemic. + Southwest's stock, recently trading at $38.13, is one of the worst performers in the S 500 today. + Other airline shares also fell, with the U.S. Global Jets ETF—which tracks companies in the
LUV Price Returns