Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
LUV POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where LUV ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 88.35% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for LUV is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 52 weeks.
- LUV's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 14.43% of US stocks).
LUV Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $28,169,468,374, Southwest Airlines Co has a greater market value than 90.24% of US stocks.
- LUV's went public 35.84 years ago, making it older than 92.71% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 14,084.73, Southwest Airlines Co P/E ratio is greater than that of about 100% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to LUV, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are HQY, RDY, CHWY, AGRO, and SSTI.
- Visit LUV's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.southwest.com.
LUV Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, LUV's price/sales ratio is 9.09% lower, now standing at 3.
- LUV's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.7 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, LUV's price/earnings ratio has gone down 40.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for LUV.
LUV Growth Metrics
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 203.83%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 6.33%.
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -104.15%.
The table below shows LUV's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
LUV's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- LUV has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 91.23% of graded US stocks.
- LUV's asset turnover comes in at 0.274 -- ranking 69th of 138 Transportation stocks.
- JBLU, EXPE, and LIND are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with LUV.
The table below shows LUV's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
LUV Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
LUV Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$46.57||52-week high||$64.75|
|Prev. close||$47.59||52-week low||$37.48|
|Day high||$47.67||Avg. volume||7,181,002|
|50-day MA||$50.27||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$54.48||Market Cap||27.55B|
Southwest Airlines Company (LUV) Company Bio
Southwest Airlines operates passenger airlines that provide scheduled air transportation services in the United States, Mexico, Jamaica, The Bahamas, Aruba, and the Dominican Republic. The company was founded in 1967 and is based in Dallas, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
LUV Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
LUV Latest Social Stream
View Full LUV Social Stream
Latest LUV News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Southwest Airlines Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate LUV as an investment opportunity.
A federal judge sided with Southwest Airlines as it plans to mandate that its employees be fully vaccinated by Dec. 8, a requirement that is in line with the federal vaccine mandate.
A federal judge has denied Southwest Airlines pilots union''s bid to temporarily block a COVID-19 vaccine mandate for employees, saying that the mandate is within the airline''s authority.
North Fourth Asset Management LP bought a new position in shares of Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE:LUV) in the 2nd quarter, HoldingsChannel.com reports. The institutional investor bought 45,000 shares of the airline’s stock, valued at approximately $2,389,000. Other large investors have also added to or reduced their stakes in the company. First Manhattan Co. lifted its […]
Nuveen Asset Management LLC trimmed its position in Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE:LUV) by 1.4% in the 2nd quarter, according to its most recent 13F filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The firm owned 2,011,143 shares of the airlines stock after selling 28,232 shares during the quarter. Nuveen Asset Management LLC owned 0.34% of Southwest 
The Biden administration's COVID-19 vaccination deadline will not require immediate action on the part of employers against unvaccinated employees when it comes into force on Dec. 8, the White House coronavirus response coordinator said on Wednesday. Some lawyers previously interpreted President Joe Biden's Sept. 9 executive order and subsequent White House guidance requiring all covered federal contractor employees to be vaccinated by Dec. 8 unless they got a religious or medical exemption. The White House comments suggest federal contractors employing millions of U.S. workers have significant flexibility in enforcing COVID-19 rules and will not be required to immediate lay-off workers, but will have time for education, counseling and other measures before potentially ending employment.
LUV Price Returns