MBIA Inc. (MBI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MBI POWR Grades
- MBI scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 90.53% of US stocks.
- MBI's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- MBI's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 0.34% of US stocks).
MBI Stock Summary
- For MBI, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 98.14% of US equities we're observing.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at -6.92 for MBIA INC; that's greater than it is for merely 2.74% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that MBI's revenue has grown -53.21% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of just 3.47% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MBI, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are GAIN, FCRD, PTMN, ARL, and DKL.
- MBI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit MBIA INC's official web site, go to www.mbia.com.
MBI Valuation Summary
- MBI's EV/EBIT ratio is -28.9; this is 353.51% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, MBI's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MBI.
MBI Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 167.11%.
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at -56.39%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -7.36%.
The table below shows MBI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MBI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MBI has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 48.26% of graded US stocks.
- MBI's asset turnover comes in at 0.05 -- ranking 121st of 133 Insurance stocks.
- LNC, VOYA, and ERIE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MBI.
The table below shows MBI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MBI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MBI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$12.47||52-week high||$17.90|
|Prev. close||$12.36||52-week low||$8.91|
|Day high||$12.68||Avg. volume||363,678|
|50-day MA||$10.78||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$12.47||Market Cap||684.52M|
MBIA Inc. (MBI) Company Bio
MBIA Inc. provides financial guarantee insurance services to public finance markets in the United States and internationally. The company operates through U.S. Public Finance Insurance, and International and Structured Finance Insurance segments. It issues financial guarantees for municipal bonds, including tax-exempt and taxable indebtedness, as well as utility districts, airports, health care institutions, higher educational facilities, student loan issuers, housing authorities, and other similar agencies and obligations issued by private entities. The company was founded in 1973 and is based in Purchase, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
MBI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MBI Latest Social Stream
View Full MBI Social Stream
Latest MBI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MBIA INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MBI as an investment opportunity.
PURCHASE, N.Y., November 02, 2022--MBIA Inc. (NYSE:MBI) today posted its third quarter 2022 financial results on its website at https://investor.mbia.com/investor-relations/financial-information/default.aspx. The financial results will also be furnished to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on a Current Report on Form 8-K available at sec.gov.
MBIA Inc. Investor Conference Call to Discuss Third Quarter 2022 Financial Results Scheduled for Thursday, November 3 at 8:00 A.M. Eastern Time
PURCHASE, N.Y., October 26, 2022--MBIA Inc. (NYSE:MBI) will host a webcast and conference call for investors on Thursday, November 3 at 8:00 a.m. (ET) to discuss its third quarter 2022 financial results and other issues related to the Company. The dial-in number for the call is 800-420-1271 in the U.S. and 785-424-1634 from outside the U.S. The conference call code is 34702. A live webcast of the conference call will also be accessible on www.mbia.com.
MBIA (NYSE: MBI) saw its share price plummet 14.5% this week through Sept. 22, according to data provided by S&P Global Market Intelligence. Year to date, the stock price is down about 40%. MBIA provides insurance for bonds, primarily municipal, as well as fixed-income investment management.
Horos Asset Management, an investment management company, recently released its second quarter 2022 investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. Since its inception, in May 2018, Horos Value Internacional has returned 19.8% and Horos Value Iberia has returned 7.1%. For more information on the fund’s top picks in 2022, please check its […]
MBI Price Returns