MBIA Inc. (MBI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MBI POWR Grades
- MBI scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 81% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MBI is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- MBI ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 1st percentile.
MBI Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for MBI is -8.78 -- better than just 1.46% of US stocks.
- MBI's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 98.84% of US stocks.
- Mbia Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 146.06%, greater than the shareholder yield of 98.35% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Mbia Inc are CQP, WHLR, STWD, CLPR, and OI.
- MBI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Mbia Inc's official web site, go to www.mbia.com.
MBI Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, MBI's price/sales ratio is 48.48% lower, now standing at 1.7.
- MBI's price/sales ratio has moved down 6.1 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, MBI's price/sales ratio has gone down 6.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MBI.
MBI Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -4014.29%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 53.9%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 58.61%.
The table below shows MBI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MBI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MBI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$13.08||52-week high||$13.36|
|Prev. close||$13.04||52-week low||$5.51|
|Day high||$13.26||Avg. volume||580,639|
|50-day MA||$10.96||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$8.60||Market Cap||710.88M|
MBIA Inc. (MBI) Company Bio
MBIA Inc. provides financial guarantee insurance services to public finance markets in the United States and internationally. The company operates through U.S. Public Finance Insurance, and International and Structured Finance Insurance segments. It issues financial guarantees for municipal bonds, including tax-exempt and taxable indebtedness, as well as utility districts, airports, health care institutions, higher educational facilities, student loan issuers, housing authorities, and other similar agencies and obligations issued by private entities. The company was founded in 1973 and is based in Purchase, New York.
MBI Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Mbia Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Mbia Inc ranked in the 71th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Mbia Inc, consider:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 11% of its capital from equity, and 89% of its capital from debt. Notably, its equity weight is greater than only 2.26% of US equities in the Financial Services sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- Mbia Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- Mbia Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -0.62. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 19.52% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MBI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MBI Latest Social Stream
View Full MBI Social Stream
Latest MBI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Mbia Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MBI as an investment opportunity.
Our extensive research has shown that imitating the smart money can generate significant returns for retail investors, which is why we track nearly 900 active prominent money managers and analyze their quarterly 13F filings. The stocks that are heavily bought by hedge funds historically outperformed the market, though there is no shortage of high profile […]
CORRECTING and REPLACING MBIA Inc. Investor Conference Call to Discuss Second Quarter Financial Results Scheduled for Thursday, August 5 at 8:00 A.M. Eastern Time
PURCHASE, N.Y., July 28, 2021--Please replace the release with the following corrected version.
(Bloomberg) -- Puerto Rico’s financial oversight board struck a deal with the main group of the island’s unsecured creditors, a breakthrough in the government’s bankruptcy that removes one roadblock to the current plan for slashing $35 billion of its remaining debt.The deal, struck on the eve of a court hearing Tuesday, may also put pressure on the remaining bond insurers that are among the biggest creditors still fighting the proposed debt-restructuring plan.That will allow the focus of the isl
NASSAU, BAHAMAS The Miss Black International Ambassador (MBIA) competition is currently being held from June 21 to 27, 2021 at Baha Mar Grand Hyatt Resort in Nassau, Bahamas. The leading and renowned pageant competition exists to give a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for Black women globally to serve as ambassadors of change and to encourage, empower 
International competition to be held outside of the US for the first time NASSAU, BAHAMAS Ambassadors of Change Incorporated (AOC) is working with the Bahamas Ministry of Tourism & Aviation to stage the 2021 Miss Black International Ambassador Scholarship (MBIA) Pageant from June 21 to 27, 2021, at Baha Mar Grand Hyatt Resort in 
MBI Price Returns