MBIA Inc. (MBI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MBI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$8.03||52-week high||$14.48|
|Prev. close||$7.72||52-week low||$7.33|
|Day high||$8.10||Avg. volume||486,503|
|50-day MA||$9.19||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$11.20||Market Cap||440.73M|
MBI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MBI POWR Grades
- MBI scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 87.05% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MBI is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- MBI's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 0.54% of US stocks).
MBI Stock Summary
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for MBIA INC is higher than it is for about 97.94% of US stocks.
- MBI's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of merely 3.62% of US stocks.
- MBIA INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 56.1%, greater than the shareholder yield of 96.58% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MBI, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PTMN, GAIN, DKL, ICMB, and BBU.
- Visit MBI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.mbia.com.
MBI Valuation Summary
- MBI's price/sales ratio is 3.7; this is 68.18% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- MBI's price/sales ratio has moved down 2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MBI.
MBI Growth Metrics
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -30.41%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at -33.92%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 41.72%.
The table below shows MBI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MBI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MBI has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 48.26% of graded US stocks.
- MBI's asset turnover comes in at 0.05 -- ranking 121st of 133 Insurance stocks.
- LNC, VOYA, and ERIE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MBI.
The table below shows MBI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MBI Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of MBI, see our MBI price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$12.00||Average Broker Recommendation||1.83 (Hold)|
MBIA Inc. (MBI) Company Bio
MBIA Inc. provides financial guarantee insurance services to public finance markets in the United States and internationally. The company operates through U.S. Public Finance Insurance, and International and Structured Finance Insurance segments. It issues financial guarantees for municipal bonds, including tax-exempt and taxable indebtedness, as well as utility districts, airports, health care institutions, higher educational facilities, student loan issuers, housing authorities, and other similar agencies and obligations issued by private entities. The company was founded in 1973 and is based in Purchase, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
MBI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MBI Latest Social Stream
View Full MBI Social Stream
Latest MBI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MBIA INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MBI as an investment opportunity.
New Strong Buy Stocks for May 19th
GFI, PAY, IFNNY, MBI and VCISY have been added to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) List on May 19, 2023.
8 Best Stocks to Buy in 2023 According to Bill Ackman
In this article, we discuss the 8 best stocks to buy in 2023 according to Bill Ackman. To skip the detailed history of Bill Ackman and his hedge fund’s performance, go directly to the 4 Best Stocks to Buy in 2023 According to Bill Ackman. Bill Ackman manages and owns the New York-based hedge fund […]
Down -27.46% in 4 Weeks, Here's Why MBIA (MBI) Looks Ripe for a Turnaround
The heavy selling pressure might have exhausted for MBIA (MBI) as it is technically in oversold territory now. In addition to this technical measure, strong agreement among Wall Street analysts in revising earnings estimates higher indicates that the stock is ripe for a trend reversal.
Q1 2023 MBIA Inc Earnings Call
Q1 2023 MBIA Inc Earnings Call
MBIA Inc. Reports First Quarter 2023 Financial Results
PURCHASE, N.Y., May 09, 2023--MBIA Inc. (NYSE:MBI) today posted its first quarter 2023 financial results on its website at https://investor.mbia.com/investor-relations/financial-information/default.aspx. The financial results will also be furnished to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on a Current Report on Form 8-K available at sec.gov.
MBI Price Returns
Continue Researching MBIWant to see what other sources are saying about Mbia Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Mbia Inc (MBI) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Mbia Inc (MBI) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Mbia Inc (MBI) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...