MBIA Inc. (MBI): Price and Financial Metrics
MBI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$7.34||52-week high||$14.00|
|Prev. close||$7.38||52-week low||$6.07|
|Day high||$7.46||Avg. volume||401,432|
|50-day MA||$6.91||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$8.52||Market Cap||375.36M|
MBI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MBI POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where MBI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.11% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MBI is in Sentiment, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- MBI ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 0th percentile.
MBI Stock Summary
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for MBIA INC is higher than it is for about 97.78% of US stocks.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at -3.21 for MBIA INC; that's greater than it is for merely 4.32% of US stocks.
- MBIA INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 36.35%, greater than the shareholder yield of 94.87% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MBI, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AAIC, BNL, LOAN, GHI, and CURO.
- Visit MBI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.mbia.com.
MBI Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, MBI's EV/EBIT ratio is 266.07% lower, now standing at -18.6.
- MBI's price/sales ratio has moved down 2.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MBI.
MBI Growth Metrics
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -30.41%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at -33.92%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 41.72%.
The table below shows MBI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MBI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MBI has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 48.26% of graded US stocks.
- MBI's asset turnover comes in at 0.05 -- ranking 121st of 133 Insurance stocks.
- LNC, VOYA, and ERIE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MBI.
The table below shows MBI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MBIA Inc. (MBI) Company Bio
MBIA Inc. provides financial guarantee insurance services to public finance markets in the United States and internationally. The company operates through U.S. Public Finance Insurance, and International and Structured Finance Insurance segments. It issues financial guarantees for municipal bonds, including tax-exempt and taxable indebtedness, as well as utility districts, airports, health care institutions, higher educational facilities, student loan issuers, housing authorities, and other similar agencies and obligations issued by private entities. The company was founded in 1973 and is based in Purchase, New York.
MBI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MBI Latest Social Stream
View Full MBI Social Stream
Latest MBI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MBIA INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MBI as an investment opportunity.
MBIA Inc. (NYSE:MBI) Q3 2023 Earnings Call Transcript November 5, 2023 Operator: Welcome to the MBIA Inc. Third Quarter 2023 Financial Results Conference Call. I would now like to turn the call over to Greg Diamond, Managing Director of Investor and Media Relations at MBIA Inc. Please go ahead, sir. Greg Diamond: Very good. Thank […]
Q3 2023 MBIA Inc Earnings Call
MBIA (MBI) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -5,740% and 24.14%, respectively, for the quarter ended September 2023. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Increased losses and LAE at National Public Finance Guarantee Corporation contribute to unfavorable results
PURCHASE, N.Y., November 02, 2023--MBIA Inc. (NYSE:MBI) today posted its third quarter 2023 financial results on its website at https://investor.mbia.com/investor-relations/financial-information/default.aspx. The financial results will also be furnished to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on a Current Report on Form 8-K available at sec.gov.
MBI Price Returns