Contango Oil & Gas Company (TX) (MCF): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MCF POWR Grades
- MCF scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 99.23% of US stocks.
- MCF's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 47 weeks.
- MCF's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 10.66% of US stocks).
MCF Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for MCF is 3.17 -- better than 85.31% of US stocks.
- MCF's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 86.51% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that MCF's revenue has grown 99.79% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 93.49% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Contango Oil & Gas Co are HUSA, TXRH, FI, SOI, and TGA.
- Visit MCF's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.contango.com.
MCF Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, MCF's price/sales ratio is 140% higher, now standing at 3.6.
- MCF's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 17.6 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, MCF's price/earnings ratio has gone down 19.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MCF.
MCF Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 60.01%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 102.31%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 21.79%.
The table below shows MCF's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MCF's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MCF has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 61.65% of graded US stocks.
- MCF's asset turnover comes in at 0.657 -- ranking 30th of 138 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- BRN, PTEN, and HAL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MCF.
The table below shows MCF's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MCF Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MCF Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$3.91||52-week high||$6.94|
|Prev. close||$3.87||52-week low||$1.09|
|Day high||$3.91||Avg. volume||1,255,295|
|50-day MA||$3.68||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$3.74||Market Cap||784.69M|
Contango Oil & Gas Company (TX) (MCF) Company Bio
Contango Oil & Gas Company acquires, explores, develops, exploits, and produces crude oil and natural gas properties offshore. The company was founded in 1986 and is based in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
MCF Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MCF Latest Social Stream
View Full MCF Social Stream
Latest MCF News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Contango Oil & Gas Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MCF as an investment opportunity.
Monteverde & Associates PC Files Class Action Lawsuit on Behalf of Shareholders of Contango Oil & Gas Company in the Southern District of New York
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / August 31, 2021 / Notice is hereby given that Monteverde & Associates PC has filed a class action lawsuit in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, Case No. 1:21-cv-07327, on behalf of public common shareholders of Contango Oil & Gas Company ("Contango" or the "Company") (NYSE:MCF) who held Contango securities and are harmed by Contango and its board of directors' (the "Board"), alleging violations of Sections 14(a) and 20(a) of the Se
FORT WORTH, Texas, Aug. 31, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Contango Oil & Gas Company (NYSE American: MCF) (“Contango” or the “Company”) today announced the successful completion of its previously announced acquisition of low decline, conventional gas assets in the Wind River Basin of Wyoming from ConocoPhillips. Highlights Assets acquired are PDP-heavy assets with a net production run rate of approximately 78 Mmcfe/d (100% gas), as of the effective date of the acquisition, and an expected 5% annual d
INVESTIGATION: Halper Sadeh LLP Investigates SYKE, MCF, ONEM, KIN; Shareholders are Encouraged to Contact the Firm
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / August 17, 2021 / Halper Sadeh LLP, a global investor rights law firm, announces it is investigating the following companies:Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated (NASDAQ:SYKE)concerning potential violations of the federal securities laws and/or breaches of fiduciary duties relating to its sale to Sitel Group for $54. If you are a Sykes shareholder, click here to learn more about your rights and options.
SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Monteverde & Associates PC Announces an Investigation of Contango Oil & Gas Co. - MCF
Juan Monteverde, founder and managing partner at Monteverde & Associates PC, a national securities firm rated Top 50 in the 2018-2020 ISS Securities Class Action Services Report and headquartered at the Empire State Building in New York City, is investigating Contango Oil & Gas Co. ("MCF" or the "Company") (MCF) relating to its proposed acquisition by Independence Energy, LLC. Under the terms of the agreement, MCF shareholders will own approximately 24% of the combined company.
FORT WORTH, Texas, Aug. 11, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Contango Oil & Gas Company (NYSE American: MCF) (“Contango” or the “Company”) announced today its financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2021. Second Quarter 2021 Highlights and Recent Developments Production sales of 2,196 MBoe for the second quarter of 2021, or 24.1 MBoe per day, an increase from 1,469 MBoe, or 16.1 MBoe per day in the prior year quarter, primarily due to new production from the Mid-Con Acquisition and the S
MCF Price Returns