Microchip Technology Inc. (MCHP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MCHP POWR Grades
- MCHP scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 87.25% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MCHP is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- MCHP ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 40th percentile.
MCHP Stock Summary
- MICROCHIP TECHNOLOGY INC's market capitalization of $46,492,236,256 is ahead of 95.01% of US-listed equities.
- Of note is the ratio of MICROCHIP TECHNOLOGY INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 13.7% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, MCHP has reported earnings growth of 143.01%, putting it ahead of 89.62% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to MICROCHIP TECHNOLOGY INC are ON, KEYS, NTES, GLW, and ADI.
- Visit MCHP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.microchip.com.
MCHP Valuation Summary
- MCHP's price/sales ratio is 5.6; this is 100% higher than that of the median Technology stock.
- Over the past 243 months, MCHP's price/sales ratio has gone down 1.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MCHP.
MCHP Growth Metrics
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -55.87%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 25.42%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 29.33%.
The table below shows MCHP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MCHP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MCHP has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 70.2% of graded US stocks.
- MCHP's asset turnover comes in at 0.345 -- ranking 167th of 208 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- PLXS, VCRA, and AMD are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MCHP.
The table below shows MCHP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MCHP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MCHP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$85.34||52-week high||$87.76|
|Prev. close||$84.53||52-week low||$54.33|
|Day high||$87.76||Avg. volume||4,847,248|
|50-day MA||$74.77||Dividend yield||1.55%|
|200-day MA||$67.83||Market Cap||46.94B|
Microchip Technology Inc. (MCHP) Company Bio
Microchip Technology Inc. is a publicly-listed American corporation that manufactures microcontroller, mixed-signal, analog and Flash-IP integrated circuits. Its products include microcontrollers (PIC, dsPIC, AVR and SAM), Serial EEPROM devices, Serial SRAM devices, embedded security devices, radio frequency (RF) devices, thermal, power and battery management analog devices, as well as linear, interface and wireless products. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
MCHP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MCHP Latest Social Stream
View Full MCHP Social Stream
Latest MCHP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MICROCHIP TECHNOLOGY INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MCHP as an investment opportunity.
Microchip Technology Inc. (MCHP)
Q3 2023 Earnings Conference Call
February 02, 2023 05:00 PM ET
Ganesh Moorthy - President & Chief Executive Officer
James Eric Bjornholt - Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
Stephen Sanghi - Executive Chair
Sajid Daudi - Head Of Investor Relations
Conference Call Participants
Toshiya Hari - Goldman Sachs
Vivek Arya - Bank of America Securities
Gary Mobley - Wells Fargo Securities
Joshua Buchalter - Cowen & Company
Raji Gill - Needham & Company
Tore Svanberg - Stifel
William Stein - Truist Securities
Ambrish Srivastava - BMO Capital Markets
Harlan Sur - JPMorgan
Record net sales of $2.169 billion, up 4.6% sequentially and up 23.4% from the year ago quarter. The midpoint of our guidance provided on November 3, 2022 was net sales of $2.156 billion. On a GAAP basis: record gross margin of 67.8%; record operating income of $811.6 million and a record 37.4% of net sales; record net income of $580.3 million; and record EPS of $1.04 per diluted share. Our guidance provided on November 3, 2022 was for GAAP EPS of $1.03 to $1.07 per diluted share. On a Non-GAAP
CHANDLER, Ariz., Feb. 02, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- (NASDAQ: MCHP) – Microchip Technology Incorporated, a leading provider of smart, connected, and secure embedded control solutions, today announced that its Board of Directors declared a quarterly cash dividend on its common stock of 35.8 cents per share. The dividend is payable on March 7, 2023, to stockholders of record on February 21, 2023. Microchip initiated quarterly cash dividend payments in the third quarter of fiscal year 2003 and has in
Investing in undervalued EV stocks can provide investors with a higher rate of return on their investment than in most other sectors.
Microchip's (MCHP) fiscal third-quarter results are likely to reflect robust uptake of microcontrollers, despite supply chain constraints and weak consumer end-market.
MCHP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MCHPHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Microchip Technology Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Microchip Technology Inc (MCHP) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Microchip Technology Inc (MCHP) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Microchip Technology Inc (MCHP) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch