Microchip Technology Incorporated (MCHP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MCHP POWR Grades
- MCHP scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 91.38% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MCHP is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 51 weeks.
- MCHP ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 30th percentile.
MCHP Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $39,724,863,188, Microchip Technology Inc has a greater market value than 93.03% of US stocks.
- With a one year PEG ratio of 257.35, Microchip Technology Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 89.08% of US stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 83, Microchip Technology Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 90.4% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Microchip Technology Inc are CDE, ON, TVTX, NXPI, and MRCY.
- MCHP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Microchip Technology Inc's official web site, go to www.microchip.com.
MCHP Valuation Summary
- MCHP's price/sales ratio is 7.5; this is 41.51% higher than that of the median Technology stock.
- MCHP's price/sales ratio has moved up 1 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, MCHP's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 33.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MCHP.
MCHP Growth Metrics
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -79.52%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -5.38%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 114.3%.
The table below shows MCHP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MCHP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MCHP has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.9% of graded US stocks.
- MCHP's asset turnover comes in at 0.345 -- ranking 166th of 207 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- PLXS, JBL, and CRNT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MCHP.
The table below shows MCHP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MCHP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MCHP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$72.78||52-week high||$83.33|
|Prev. close||$72.48||52-week low||$51.17|
|Day high||$73.48||Avg. volume||3,951,157|
|50-day MA||$76.54||Dividend yield||1.2%|
|200-day MA||$75.10||Market Cap||39.89B|
Microchip Technology Incorporated (MCHP) Company Bio
Microchip Technology develops, manufactures, and sells semiconductor products for various embedded control applications. The company was founded in 1989 and is based in Chandler, Arizona.
Most Popular Stories View All
MCHP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MCHP Latest Social Stream
View Full MCHP Social Stream
Latest MCHP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Microchip Technology Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MCHP as an investment opportunity.
Microchip Tech (MCHP) has an impressive earnings surprise history and currently possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely beat in its next quarterly report.
Microchip Tech (MCHP) might move higher on growing optimism about its earnings prospects, which is reflected by its upgrade to a Zacks Rank #2 (Buy).
Stifel analyst Tore Svanberg initiated coverage of Microchip Technology Inc (NASDAQ: MCHP) with a Hold rating and a $76 Price Target, implying an 6% upside. With the shares up 156% from the pandemic lows, the analyst believes Microchip's "recent strong execution" is already largely priced into the stock. Further, the company's "large exposure to broad-based markets and very extended lead-times" could leave it more exposed to a potentially "lead-time-driven correction in the overall analog/mixed-
In this article, we will discuss the top 10 new stocks for 2021 to buy now according to Qing Li’s Sciencast Management portfolio. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of Li’s history, investment philosophy, and hedge fund performance, go directly to the top 5 New Stocks for 2021: Qing Li’s Sciencast Management Portfolio. […]
Capacitive Touchscreen Controller Family for the Home Appliance Market Dedicated to Work in Harsh and Noisy Environments
Microchip extends its functional-safety-certified family of capacitive maXTouch® touchscreen controllers with the MXT448UD-HA and MXT640UD-HA to address screen sizes beyond 10 inchesCHANDLER, Ariz., Oct. 12, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Networked and connected home appliances enable both users and manufacturers to communicate with them via the internet. For example, the user of a kitchen oven might look up a new recipe online or a manufacturer might perform remote diagnostics or over-the-air firmwar
MCHP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MCHPHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Microchip Technology Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Microchip Technology Inc (MCHP) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Microchip Technology Inc (MCHP) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Microchip Technology Inc (MCHP) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch