Microchip Technology Incorporated (MCHP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MCHP POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where MCHP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.42% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MCHP is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- MCHP's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 40.26% of US stocks).
MCHP Stock Summary
- MCHP has a higher market value than 93.11% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $37,714,510,673.
- MCHP's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 1,435.59 -- higher than 96.76% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 107.94, Microchip Technology Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 92.09% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MCHP, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are TDY, ALGN, TTD, NXPI, and IQV.
- MCHP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Microchip Technology Inc's official web site, go to www.microchip.com.
MCHP Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, MCHP's EV/EBIT ratio is 93.08% higher, now standing at 64.2.
- MCHP's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.6 over the prior 243 months.
- MCHP's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 43 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MCHP.
MCHP Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 122.21%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 146.14%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 62.81%.
The table below shows MCHP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MCHP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MCHP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$144.99||52-week high||$166.67|
|Prev. close||$143.12||52-week low||$95.53|
|Day high||$151.63||Avg. volume||1,983,647|
|50-day MA||$147.33||Dividend yield||1.15%|
|200-day MA||$143.38||Market Cap||39.73B|
Microchip Technology Incorporated (MCHP) Company Bio
Microchip Technology develops, manufactures, and sells semiconductor products for various embedded control applications. The company was founded in 1989 and is based in Chandler, Arizona.
MCHP Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Microchip Technology Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Microchip Technology Inc ranked in the 48th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Microchip Technology Inc ended up being:
- The stock's equity weight, or the proportion of capital from equity relative to debt, is 82. Notably, its equity weight is greater than only 22.46% of US equities in the Technology sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- Microchip Technology Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MCHP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MCHP Latest Social Stream
View Full MCHP Social Stream
Latest MCHP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Microchip Technology Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MCHP as an investment opportunity.
Microchip's (MCHP) fiscal first-quarter results are likely to reflect robust uptake of microcontrollers amid uptick in demand across automotive, consumer, industrial, and medical end-markets.
First Single-Chip Network Synchronization Solution Provides Ultra Precise Timing for 5G Radio Access Equipment
Combines integration and performance in one compact, low-power device supported by Microchip’s widely deployed IEEE 1588 Precision Time Protocol (PTP) and synchronization algorithm software modulesCHANDLER, Ariz., July 29, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- 5G technology requires time sources to be synchronized throughout a packet-switched network ten times more accurately than 4G requirements. Microchip Technology Inc. (Nasdaq: MCHP) now makes it possible to achieve 5G performance with the first single-c
Teradyne's (TER) second-quarter 2021 results reflect strength across test and IA businesses.
Microchip Tech (MCHP) possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Replace Silicon IGBTs with Industry’s Most Rugged Silicon Carbide Power Solutions Now Available at 1700V
Silicon carbide portfolio with 1700V MOSFET die, discrete and power module devices extend designers’ options for efficiency, power densityCHANDLER, Ariz., July 27, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Today’s energy-efficient electric charging systems powering commercial vehicle propulsion, as well as auxiliary power systems, solar inverters, solid-state transformers and other transportation and industrial applications all rely on high-voltage switching power devices. To meet these requirements, Microchip T
MCHP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MCHPHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Microchip Technology Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Microchip Technology Inc (MCHP) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Microchip Technology Inc (MCHP) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Microchip Technology Inc (MCHP) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch