Moody's Corp. (MCO): Price and Financial Metrics
MCO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$315.77||52-week high||$335.91|
|Prev. close||$313.54||52-week low||$230.16|
|Day high||$316.04||Avg. volume||801,174|
|50-day MA||$304.94||Dividend yield||0.98%|
|200-day MA||$291.33||Market Cap||57.94B|
MCO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MCO POWR Grades
- MCO scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 89.65% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MCO is in Sentiment, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- MCO's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 5.64% of US stocks).
MCO Stock Summary
- MCO has a market capitalization of $56,707,005,000 -- more than approximately 96.25% of US stocks.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for MCO is currently 35.18, higher than 88.19% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- With a price/sales ratio of 10.47, MOODYS CORP has a higher such ratio than 89.97% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to MOODYS CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be ICE, CMG, EMR, LHX, and IQV.
- Visit MCO's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.moodys.com.
MCO Valuation Summary
- MCO's price/earnings ratio is 42; this is 394.12% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, MCO's price/sales ratio has gone up 3.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MCO.
MCO Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 50.89%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 46.25%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 56.21%.
The table below shows MCO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MCO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MCO has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.9% of graded US stocks.
- MCO's asset turnover comes in at 0.46 -- ranking 339th of 563 Business Services stocks.
- FLNT, VRSN, and ICLK are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MCO.
The table below shows MCO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MCO Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of MCO, see our MCO price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$408.00||Average Broker Recommendation||1.59 (Moderate Buy)|
Moody's Corp. (MCO) Company Bio
Moody's Corporation, often referred to as Moody's, is an American business and financial services company. It is the holding company for Moody's Investors Service (MIS), an American credit rating agency, and Moody's Analytics (MA), an American provider of financial analysis software and services. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
MCO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MCO Latest Social Stream
View Full MCO Social Stream
Latest MCO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MOODYS CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MCO as an investment opportunity.
Greek Assets Surge as Vote Puts Nation on Path to Credit Upgrade
(Bloomberg) -- Greek stocks surged and government bonds rallied as strong election support for market-friendly Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis put the nation on track to reclaim an investment-grade rating, 13 years after losing it. Most Read from BloombergChina’s $23 Trillion Local Debt Mess Is About to Get WorseMexico Raises Alert Level on Volcano Rumbling Near CapitalMeta Fined Record €1.2 Billion in EU Over US Data TransfersMessi, Ronaldo Lead Saudi Arabia's Multibillion-Dollar MakeoverThe
Moody’s Corporation Posted an Updated Management Presentation for Investors
NEW YORK, May 18, 2023--Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) posted an updated management presentation for investors on its website, ir.moodys.com, on Thursday, May 18, 2023. This presentation reflects certain information regarding the Company's results for the three months ended March 31, 2023 as well as updated full-year 2023 guidance as of April 25, 2023, and its posting is provided pursuant to Regulation FD. Senior management may use this updated presentation during meetings with analysts and inv
Moody's Analytics: Spending 30% of Income on Rent Is the New Normal in Many US Metros
NEW YORK, May 16, 2023--Cost-of-living concerns are top of mind amongst Americans while rent-to-income ratios (RTI) remained elevated in Q1, according to Moody’s Analytics US State of Rent Burden report and data interactive tool. While seasonal slowness and rising multifamily inventory moderated rent growth, the number of US primary metros still experiencing higher rent burdens plummeted from 49 metros down to only five, a 91% drop from Q4 2022 to Q1 2023. RTI – the percentage of gross income a
Turkey Set for Runoff as Erdogan Falls Just Short of Victory
(Bloomberg) -- Turkey will hold a runoff election, with President Recep Tayyip Erdogan just failing to secure enough votes for a first-round victory.Most Read from BloombergTurkey Latest: Erdogan Says Unclear If Vote Will Go to RunoffTurkey Set for Runoff as Erdogan Falls Just Short of VictoryS&P ETF Barely Budges on Yellen’s Late-Day Notice: Markets WrapRemote Work Comes With Daytime Drug and Drinking HabitsMicrosoft’s $69 Billion Activision Deal Wins EU ApprovalThe 69-year-old, looking to exte
Pakistan Rupee Slides to Record Low as Khan Kept in Custody
(Bloomberg) -- Pakistan’s rupee slumped to a record low as clashes broke out in the country following a court order to extend former Prime Minister Imran Khan’s detention to more than a week.Most Read from BloombergSteve Schwarzman Holds Off Giving Money to DeSantis After Meeting HimHedge Funds Drive Credit Suisse CDS Higher on Bets of a PayoutUS Inflation Shows Signs of Moderating, Giving Fed Room to PauseTreasuries Advance After CPI; Stocks Edge Higher: Markets WrapFamily Builds $900 Million B
MCO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MCOWant to do more research on Moodys Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Moodys Corp (MCO) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Moodys Corp (MCO) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Moodys Corp (MCO) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...