Moody's Corp. (MCO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MCO POWR Grades
- MCO scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 86.36% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MCO is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- MCO's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 2.41% of US stocks).
MCO Stock Summary
- MOODYS CORP's market capitalization of $45,933,720,000 is ahead of 95.61% of US-listed equities.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for MCO is currently 30.7, higher than 85.71% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- MCO's price/sales ratio is 7.7; that's higher than the P/S ratio of 85.87% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to MOODYS CORP are EMR, ADM, ROP, FIS, and AJG.
- MCO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit MOODYS CORP's official web site, go to www.moodys.com.
MCO Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, MCO's price/sales ratio is 609.09% higher, now standing at 7.8.
- Over the past 243 months, MCO's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MCO.
MCO Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 37.73%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 48.02%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -18.26%.
The table below shows MCO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MCO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MCO has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.9% of graded US stocks.
- MCO's asset turnover comes in at 0.46 -- ranking 339th of 563 Business Services stocks.
- FLNT, VRSN, and ICLK are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MCO.
The table below shows MCO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MCO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MCO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$261.98||52-week high||$407.94|
|Prev. close||$250.87||52-week low||$242.61|
|Day high||$262.21||Avg. volume||907,589|
|50-day MA||$291.28||Dividend yield||1.12%|
|200-day MA||$312.23||Market Cap||48.07B|
Moody's Corp. (MCO) Company Bio
Moody's Corporation, often referred to as Moody's, is an American business and financial services company. It is the holding company for Moody's Investors Service (MIS), an American credit rating agency, and Moody's Analytics (MA), an American provider of financial analysis software and services. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
MCO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MCO Latest Social Stream
View Full MCO Social Stream
Latest MCO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MOODYS CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MCO as an investment opportunity.
Goldman Sachs analyst George Tong maintained a Hold rating on Moody's (MCO - Research Report) today and set a price target of $263.00. The company's shares opened today at $244.46.According to TipRanks, Tong is a 4-star analyst with an average return of 4.0% and a 50.00% success rate. Tong covers the Services sector, focusing on stocks such as Cintas, H&R Block, and ManpowerGroup.In addition to Goldman Sachs, Moody's also received a Hold from Morgan Stanley's Toni Kaplan in a report issued today. However, on the same day, Oppenheimer maintained a Buy rating on Moody's (NYSE: MCO).See today’s best-performing stocks on TipRanks >>MCO market cap is currently $44.
NEW YORK, September 29, 2022--The majority of US states have the resources needed to get through an economic recession, according to a new study from Moody’s Analytics. A record 43 states have the cash they need to weather an economic slump without having to resort to severe spending cuts or tax increases.
(Bloomberg) -- Most Read from BloombergApple Ditches iPhone Production Increase After Demand FaltersGermany Suspects Sabotage Hit Russia’s Nord Stream PipelinesS&P 500 Roars Back From Six-Day Slide; Bonds Surge: Markets WrapPutin’s Mobilization Hits Russia’s Economy in Its Weak SpotsRussia Declares Victory in Sham Ukraine ‘Referendums’The Bank of England staged a dramatic intervention to stave off an imminent crash in the gilt market by pledging unlimited purchases of long-dated bonds. With the
Last week, the Federal Reserve continued its fight against inflation, raising its benchmark interest rates by 75 basis points. Since March, the central bank has raised interest rates from near-zero to 3.25%. This sector is one of CEO Warren Buffett's favorites to invest in, with Berkshire Hathaway's (NYSE: BRK.A) (NYSE: BRK.B) portfolio holding stock in various banks, rating agencies, and payment processors.
Morgan Stanley analyst Toni Kaplan maintained a Hold rating on Moody's (MCO - Research Report) today and set a price target of $288.00. The company's shares opened today at $253.49.Kaplan covers the Services sector, focusing on stocks such as Bright Horizons, Equifax, and Republic Services. According to TipRanks, Kaplan has an average return of 0.2% and a 51.13% success rate on recommended stocks. The word on The Street in general, suggests a Moderate Buy analyst consensus rating for Moody's with a $317.80 average price target.See Insiders’ Hot Stocks on TipRanks >> The company has a one-year high of $404.50 and a one-year low of $248.51.
MCO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|