Moody's Corp. (MCO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MCO POWR Grades
- MCO scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 86.42% of US stocks.
- MCO's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- MCO's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 1.78% of US stocks).
MCO Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $57,841,736,000, MOODYS CORP has a greater market value than 96.06% of US stocks.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for MOODYS CORP is higher than 88.43% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- MCO's price/sales ratio is 10.12; that's higher than the P/S ratio of 88.5% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to MOODYS CORP are LHX, ICE, APH, FIS, and PH.
- MCO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit MOODYS CORP's official web site, go to www.moodys.com.
MCO Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, MCO's price/earnings ratio is 230.7% higher, now standing at 37.7.
- MCO's price/sales ratio has moved up 3.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MCO.
MCO Growth Metrics
- The 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 25.22%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 37.73%.
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at 107.21%.
The table below shows MCO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MCO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MCO has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.9% of graded US stocks.
- MCO's asset turnover comes in at 0.46 -- ranking 339th of 563 Business Services stocks.
- FLNT, VRSN, and ICLK are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MCO.
The table below shows MCO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MCO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MCO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$318.21||52-week high||$354.81|
|Prev. close||$315.73||52-week low||$230.16|
|Day high||$318.94||Avg. volume||996,647|
|50-day MA||$294.84||Dividend yield||0.89%|
|200-day MA||$287.52||Market Cap||58.30B|
Moody's Corp. (MCO) Company Bio
Moody's Corporation, often referred to as Moody's, is an American business and financial services company. It is the holding company for Moody's Investors Service (MIS), an American credit rating agency, and Moody's Analytics (MA), an American provider of financial analysis software and services. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
MCO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MCO Latest Social Stream
View Full MCO Social Stream
Latest MCO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MOODYS CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MCO as an investment opportunity.
NEW YORK, January 17, 2023--Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) will release its fourth quarter and full year 2022 results before the start of NYSE trading on Tuesday, January 31, 2023. A copy of the earnings release and supplemental presentation slides will be posted on Moody's Investor Relations website, ir.moodys.com.
NEW YORK, January 10, 2023--Moody’s Corporation (NYSE:MCO) has been named among America's 100 Most JUST Companies for its commitment to serving its workforce, customers, communities, the environment, and stockholders. The JUST 100 list, released by JUST Capital and CNBC, evaluates how well U.S. companies are doing on issues that are important to the public, such as fair wages, customer privacy, and reduction of carbon emissions.
NEW YORK, January 09, 2023--Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) today appointed Francisco Martinez-Garcia as Chief Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Officer. Mr. Martinez-Garcia will focus on positioning Moody’s as an inclusive workplace that attracts, grows, and retains diverse talent.
Moody's Corporation (NYSE:MCO) insiders sold US$8.1m worth of stock, a possible red flag that's yet to materialize
While Moody's Corporation ( NYSE:MCO ) shareholders have had a good week with the stock up 4.0%, they shouldn't let...
The bear market has caused havoc for many this year.
MCO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|