Mednax, Inc. (MD): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MD POWR Grades
- MD scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 77.34% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MD is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- MD ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 22nd percentile.
MD Stock Summary
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -51.75%, Mednax Inc's debt growth rate surpasses only 7.7% of about US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Mednax Inc comes in at -47.75%, a number that bests just 7.38% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for MD comes in at 45.55% -- higher than that of 94.68% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Mednax Inc are STRL, NMIH, MPAA, MAXR, and RXT.
- Visit MD's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.mednax.com.
MD Valuation Summary
- MD's price/sales ratio is 1.5; this is 63.41% lower than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- Over the past 243 months, MD's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 26.2.
- MD's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 26.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MD.
MD Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MD Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$28.84||52-week high||$34.19|
|Prev. close||$28.74||52-week low||$12.47|
|Day high||$29.32||Avg. volume||814,075|
|50-day MA||$30.86||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$25.18||Market Cap||2.49B|
Mednax, Inc. (MD) Company Bio
MEDNAX Inc. provides neonatal, anesthesia, maternal-fetal, and other pediatric subspecialties physician services in the United States and Puerto Rico. The company was founded in 1979 and is based in Sunrise, Florida.
MD Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Mednax Inc. To summarize, we found that Mednax Inc ranked in the 22th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 75.67%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Mednax Inc, consider:
- The stock's equity weight, or the proportion of capital from equity relative to debt, is 72. Notably, its equity weight is greater than only 19.28% of US equities in the Healthcare sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- Mednax Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- Mednax Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -6.46. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 9.51% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MD Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MD Latest Social Stream
View Full MD Social Stream
Latest MD News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Mednax Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MD as an investment opportunity.
Silver Ring Value Partners, an investment management firm, published its second quarter 2021 investor letter – a copy of which can be downloaded here. The portfolio ended the quarter at an attractive Price to Base Case Value ratio of 60%, and all of the stocks in the portfolio were below 70% of Base Case value. […]
Mednax (MD) has become technically an oversold stock now, which implies exhaustion of the heavy selling pressure on it. This, combined with strong agreement among Wall Street analysts in revising earnings estimates higher, indicates a potential trend reversal for the stock in the near term.
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., July 15, 2021--Mednax 2021 Second Quarter Conference Call/Webcast Scheduled for Friday, August 6, 2021
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., July 14, 2021--Mednax Announces CVS Aetna Voluntarily Dismisses 2018 Litigation
The simplest way to invest in stocks is to buy exchange traded funds. But if you pick the right individual stocks, you...
MD Price Returns