Meredith Corporation (MDP): Price and Financial Metrics
MDP Stock Summary
- Meredith Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.77% of US equities in our set.
- MDP's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 93.8% of US stocks.
- Meredith Corp's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -43.7%, greater than the shareholder yield of just 5.79% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Meredith Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be TRMK, CONN, SMMF, PLBC, and CFFI.
- MDP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Meredith Corp's official web site, go to www.meredith.com.
MDP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MDP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$32.28||52-week high||$32.42|
|Prev. close||$28.56||52-week low||$10.01|
|Day high||$32.42||Avg. volume||507,624|
|50-day MA||$22.01||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$16.76||Market Cap||1.47B|
Meredith Corporation (MDP) Company Bio
Meredith Corporation operates in two segments, Local Media and National Media, which publishes approximately 21 subscription magazines that include Better Homes and Gardens, Parents, Family Circle, Allrecipes, EveryDay with Rachael Ray, and FamilyFun, as well as approximately 120 special interest publications under approximately 80 titles. The company was founded in 1902 and is based in Des Moines, Iowa.
MDP Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Meredith Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Meredith Corp ranked in the 68th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for MDP, they are:
- 28% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than only 6.66% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Meredith Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -0.9. This coverage rate is greater than that of merely 20.99% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- As a business, Meredith Corp experienced a tax rate of about 4% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Consumer Cyclical), this tax rate is higher than just 20.13% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MDP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MDP Latest Social Stream
View Full MDP Social Stream
Latest MDP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Meredith Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MDP as an investment opportunity.
InStyle's Golden Globes Elevator To Return Virtually For Celebrities And Consumers In Celebration Of 78th Annual Golden Globe Awards
Meredith Corporation's (NYSE: MDP) InStyle is reimagining its iconic elevator activation for the fifth year, with a virtual spin to celebrate the 78th annual Golden Globe Awards this Sunday. The social media experience, which features a short video of celebrities exiting the InStyle elevator, will be available to watch on Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook. On Sunday, fans can create their own elevator videos using our new custom Instagram filter – #InStyleElevator – to transport viewers into the InStyle elevator/Golden Globes like never before.
Meredith Corporation to Launch Good Impressions, A Pro Bono Media and Marketing Consultation Program Designed to Support BIPOC and LGBTQIA-Majority Owned Small Businesses
Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP), the leading brand-led multi-platform media company – engaging nearly 95 percent of all U.S. women and more than 190 million unduplicated American consumers every month – today announced the launch of Good Impressions, a pro bono media and marketing consultation program created to help BIPOC and LGBTQIA-majority owned small businesses succeed by driving awareness, supporting sales efforts and providing mentorship. Awarded to a select group of five to 10 businesses at various stages of growth and development, individual awards will be valued around $100K and offer access to Meredith's marketing and advertising capabilities. Good Impressions will exclusively work with food and beauty companies, including those in the consumer package goods products space. ...
The “Good Impressions” initiative will provide help to between five and 10 businesses at various stages of growth and development.
Meredith Corporation's REAL SIMPLE To Launch Weekly "Money Confidential" Podcast and "The New Rules of Retirement" Virtual Event Series in Conjunction With Fidelity Investments®
NEW YORK, Feb. 22, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Meredith Corporation's (NYSE: MDP) REAL SIMPLE, the ultimate resource for a modern woman's busy life, today announced the launch of its weekly "Money Confidential" podcast on March 1 and "The New Rules of Retirement" virtual event series on March 25….
New Meredith Corporation Study Reveals Divergent Reactions Among Women to Life Amid COVID-19 And Predicts Lasting Impact of Pandemic on Consumer Behavior
NEW YORK, Feb. 17, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP), the leading multi-platform media company reaching 95 percent of American women across every stage and every day of their lives, today announced findings from its landmark study on the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic…
MDP Price Returns
Continue Researching MDPWant to do more research on Meredith Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!