Meredith Corporation (MDP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MDP POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where MDP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.21% of US stocks.
- MDP's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 47 weeks.
- MDP ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 8th percentile.
MDP Stock Summary
- Meredith Corp's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 91.49% of US listed stocks.
- Meredith Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.6% of US equities in our set.
- Over the past twelve months, MDP has reported earnings growth of -253.7%, putting it ahead of merely 8.29% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MDP, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CMLS, CAL, GT, VHI, and HMN.
- Visit MDP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.meredith.com.
MDP Valuation Summary
- MDP's price/earnings ratio is 20.9; this is 7.73% higher than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- MDP's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.8 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, MDP's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MDP.
MDP Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 124.1%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -72.22%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -298.47%.
The table below shows MDP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MDP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MDP has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 90.18% of graded US stocks.
- MDP's asset turnover comes in at 0.513 -- ranking 11th of 14 Printing and Publishing stocks.
- NWSA, NYT, and DALN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MDP.
The table below shows MDP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MDP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MDP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$42.34||52-week high||$47.00|
|Prev. close||$42.30||52-week low||$10.75|
|Day high||$42.44||Avg. volume||405,944|
|50-day MA||$42.60||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$33.10||Market Cap||1.93B|
Meredith Corporation (MDP) Company Bio
Meredith Corporation operates in two segments, Local Media and National Media, which publishes approximately 21 subscription magazines that include Better Homes and Gardens, Parents, Family Circle, Allrecipes, EveryDay with Rachael Ray, and FamilyFun, as well as approximately 120 special interest publications under approximately 80 titles. The company was founded in 1902 and is based in Des Moines, Iowa.
Most Popular Stories View All
MDP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MDP Latest Social Stream
View Full MDP Social Stream
Latest MDP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Meredith Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MDP as an investment opportunity.
Meredith Corporation's (NYSE: MDP) REAL SIMPLE today debuts the 2021 REAL SIMPLE HOME, a remodeled Victorian in the suburban town of Westfield, New Jersey, just under 25 miles from NYC. For the first time since REAL SIMPLE's inaugural home was introduced four years ago, REAL SIMPLE editors and collaborators carried out a top-to-bottom renovation, creating a modern, functional space full of inspiring ideas. The 2021 REAL SIMPLE HOME is unveiled in the October issue on newsstands now and online at
Meredith Corporation's (NYSE: MDP: Meredith.com) Better Homes & Gardens today announced the 51 winners of the Life in Color Beauty Awards 2021. Better Homes & Gardens editors and beauty experts tested hundreds of products to find this year's best in beauty in five categories: at-home spa, skincare, makeup, hair care and body products.
FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen Returns This Weekend for 38th Annual Event With All-Star Talent Including Martha Stewart, Carla Hall, Kwame Onwuachi, Brooke Williamson, Guy Fieri, Maneet Chauhan, Andrew Zimmern and More
Meredith Corporation's (NYSE: MDP) FOOD & WINE returns to Aspen, Colorado this weekend for the 38th annual FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen for three days from September 10 -12th. Martha Stewart, Carla Hall, Kwame Onwuachi, Brooke Williamson, Guy Fieri, Kristen Kish, Maneet Chauhan, Melissa King, Andrew Zimmern, Claudette Zepeda, Rodney Scott, Shota Nakajima and Justin Chapple are among the headline chefs hosting live cooking demonstrations.
Meredith Corporation's (NYSE: MDP) SHAPE announced the 83 top new beauty products in the 2021 SHAPE Beauty Awards, spanning categories of makeup, hair, body, face, and dermatologist picks. Since 2003, the annual Beauty Awards have been an essential resource for wellness-minded women who are equally committed to their beauty and workout routines. The 2021 Beauty Awards are available in SHAPE's October issue, on sale September 10 and at shape.com/beautyawards now.
Meredith Corporation's (NYSE: MDP) FOOD & WINE unveils its 33rd class of Best New Chefs, spotlighting the 11 most promising up-and-coming chefs who are reinventing the restaurant experience with innovative food and leadership styles that are compassionate and community-oriented. Profiles of the 2021 Best New Chefs, along with their favorite spots to eat and drink in the cities they call home, are featured now at foodandwine.com/bestnewchefs and in the October issue of FOOD & WINE, on newsstands
MDP Price Returns