MEDIFAST INC (MED): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MED POWR Grades
- MED scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 97.34% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MED is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- MED's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 14.86% of US stocks).
MED Stock Summary
- MEDIFAST INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 96.96% of US listed stocks.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for MEDIFAST INC is higher than it is for about merely 7.92% of US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for MED comes in at 16.25% -- higher than that of 90.83% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to MEDIFAST INC are VRTV, MAN, SPTN, OMI, and RYI.
- Visit MED's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to medifastinc.com.
MED Valuation Summary
- MED's price/earnings ratio is 8.3; this is 36.15% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- MED's price/earnings ratio has moved down 4.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MED.
MED Growth Metrics
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 30.15%.
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 283.59%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 86.51%.
The table below shows MED's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MED's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MED has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 99.43% of graded US stocks.
- MED's asset turnover comes in at 4.143 -- ranking 1st of 59 Food Products stocks.
- TWNK, TOFB, and KHC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MED.
The table below shows MED's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MED Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MED Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$115.84||52-week high||$200.82|
|Prev. close||$116.31||52-week low||$96.00|
|Day high||$118.46||Avg. volume||151,378|
|50-day MA||$118.00||Dividend yield||5.66%|
|200-day MA||$140.71||Market Cap||1.27B|
MEDIFAST INC (MED) Company Bio
Medifast Inc. is a manufacturer and provider of clinically weight-loss and weight-maintenance products and programs. The company was founded in 1980 and is based in Owings Mills, Maryland.
Most Popular Stories View All
MED Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MED Latest Social Stream
View Full MED Social Stream
Latest MED News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MEDIFAST INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MED as an investment opportunity.
Insiders who placed huge bets on Medifast, Inc. (NYSE:MED) earlier this year would be disappointed with the 6.5% drop
Insiders who bought US$712k worth of Medifast, Inc.'s ( NYSE:MED ) stock at an average buy price of US$139 over the...
In this article we are going to estimate the intrinsic value of Medifast, Inc. ( NYSE:MED ) by taking the expected...
Medifast (MED) benefits from its OPTAVIA lifestyle solution and coaching support system. However, the gross margin has been declining year over year for a while now.
If you’re a dividend investor these seven dividend stocks to buy and hold forever are worth considering heading into 2023.
If you are looking for undervalued Reddit stocks to buy, this article will give you eight great options that are trading at a discount.
MED Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|