MEDIFAST INC (MED): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MED POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where MED ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.77% of US stocks.
- MED's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- MED ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 14th percentile.
MED Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for MED is 12.84 -- better than 97.69% of US stocks.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for MEDIFAST INC is higher than it is for about just 11.22% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 174.29%, MEDIFAST INC's debt growth rate surpasses 92.4% of about US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MED, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are IESC, LFVN, SPWH, MAN, and LL.
- MED's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit MEDIFAST INC's official web site, go to medifastinc.com.
MED Valuation Summary
- MED's price/sales ratio is 0.7; this is 56.25% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- MED's price/sales ratio has moved down 1.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MED.
MED Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 125.24%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 58.74%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 100.39%.
The table below shows MED's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MED's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MED has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 99.43% of graded US stocks.
- MED's asset turnover comes in at 4.143 -- ranking 1st of 59 Food Products stocks.
- TWNK, TOFB, and KHC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MED.
The table below shows MED's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MED Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MED Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$114.98||52-week high||$235.71|
|Prev. close||$116.02||52-week low||$107.00|
|Day high||$117.37||Avg. volume||145,892|
|50-day MA||$129.46||Dividend yield||5.65%|
|200-day MA||$170.38||Market Cap||1.27B|
MEDIFAST INC (MED) Company Bio
Medifast Inc. is a manufacturer and provider of clinically weight-loss and weight-maintenance products and programs. The company was founded in 1980 and is based in Owings Mills, Maryland.
Most Popular Stories View All
MED Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MED Latest Social Stream
View Full MED Social Stream
Latest MED News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MEDIFAST INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MED as an investment opportunity.
If you are a long-term investor, now's the time to add these seven consumer stocks to buy for your portfolio, all but one of which earn an "A" rating in my Dividend Grader.
Medifast (NYSE: MED), the global company behind one of the fastest-growing health and wellness communities, OPTAVIA®, announced today the launch of its "Healthy Habits For All" curriculum through a partnership with WeAreTeachers, a popular resource hub for educators. Modeled after the company's proprietary Habits of Health® system, the lessons are designed to equip students with the skills, knowledge and confidence needed to build healthy habits from a young age. Lesson plans are available free
Of 256 dividend stocks to buy and hold, we’ve got seven that you should definitely put on your watchlist for future profits.
If you’re looking for dividend stocks to buy and hold forever, a good place to start is companies that have done an excellent job increasing their dividends and are expected to keep doing so in the future. While the first place to look for such names should logically be a list of S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats, I widened the search to the S&P 1500. That way, I had three times more stocks to choose from, giving me a much better chance of finding special dividend stocks that deliver income and capit
Weight-loss and nutrition companies have lost half or more of their value in the past year despite expectations of a postpandemic boom.
MED Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|