Mercer International Inc. (MERC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MERC POWR Grades
- MERC scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 96.96% of US stocks.
- MERC's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 48 weeks.
- MERC ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 28th percentile.
MERC Stock Summary
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Mercer International Inc is higher than it is for about 95.57% of US stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.5, Mercer International Inc has a higher such ratio than merely 9.82% of stocks in our set.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Mercer International Inc is reporting a growth rate of -916.58%; that's higher than just 2.14% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Mercer International Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be LOAN, SUNS, SUZ, GAIN, and NATH.
- Visit MERC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.mercerint.com.
MERC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, MERC's price/sales ratio is 68.75% lower, now standing at 0.5.
- Over the past 243 months, MERC's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 5.9.
- Over the past 243 months, MERC's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MERC.
MERC Growth Metrics
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 38.32%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 47.18%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 95.21%.
The table below shows MERC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MERC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MERC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 46.87% of graded US stocks.
- MERC's asset turnover comes in at 0.722 -- ranking 13th of 21 Business Supplies stocks.
- VRS, SCS, and AVY are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MERC.
The table below shows MERC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MERC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MERC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$12.15||52-week high||$18.14|
|Prev. close||$11.75||52-week low||$5.77|
|Day high||$12.15||Avg. volume||266,106|
|50-day MA||$11.43||Dividend yield||2.21%|
|200-day MA||$12.99||Market Cap||802.36M|
Mercer International Inc. (MERC) Company Bio
Mercer International manufactures and sells northern bleached softwood kraft (NBSK) pulp worldwide. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in Vancouver, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
MERC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MERC Latest Social Stream
View Full MERC Social Stream
Latest MERC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Mercer International Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MERC as an investment opportunity.
Mercer International Inc. to Present at Upcoming TD Securities 2021 Virtual Paper & Forest Products Conference
NEW YORK, Sept. 21, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mercer International Inc. (Nasdaq: MERC) today announced that David M. Gandossi, President and CEO, will be presenting at the following upcoming conference: TD Securities Virtual Paper & Forest Products ConferenceWednesday, September 29th, 2021Presentation at 10:00 AM EDT A copy of the presentation will be posted in the “Investors - News releases & Presentations” section on the Company’s web site (https://mercerint.com/investors/news-releases-presenta
One of the best investments we can make is in our own knowledge and skill set. With that in mind, this article will...
WeWork's initial public offering (IPO) flameout arguably owns the title for SoftBank's most famous failure, but this year's announcement that modular construction company Katerra filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy might run a close second. Volumetric Building Companies (VBC) will purchase Katerra's facility in Tracy, California, for $21.25 million. The 577,000 square foot factory was designed to pump out pre-built components such as wall panels and floor systems.
Mercer International has received approval from a U.S. bankruptcy
NEW YORK, Aug. 03, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mercer International Inc. (Nasdaq: MERC). The Company is pleased to announce that today it received approval from the applicable Bankruptcy Court for a sales Order approving the acquisition by its wholly-owned subsidiary of a state-of-the-art CLT manufacturing facility located at Spokane, Washington (the "Facility") for a price of $50 million, subject to customary adjustments. The closing of the sale is scheduled to occur shortly.
MERC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MERCWant to do more research on Mercer International Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Mercer International Inc (MERC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Mercer International Inc (MERC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Mercer International Inc (MERC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch