Mercer International Inc. (MERC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MERC POWR Grades
- MERC scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 98.48% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MERC is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 206 days.
- MERC ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 23rd percentile.
MERC Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Mercer International Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.93% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For MERC, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 96.03% of US equities we're observing.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Mercer International Inc is reporting a growth rate of 488.49%; that's higher than 96.08% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Mercer International Inc are SUNS, MGP, LOAN, CDOR, and GSL.
- Visit MERC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.mercerint.com.
MERC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MERC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$15.26||52-week high||$18.14|
|Prev. close||$15.51||52-week low||$5.77|
|Day high||$15.65||Avg. volume||308,239|
|50-day MA||$15.57||Dividend yield||1.7%|
|200-day MA||$10.76||Market Cap||1.01B|
Mercer International Inc. (MERC) Company Bio
Mercer International manufactures and sells northern bleached softwood kraft (NBSK) pulp worldwide. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in Vancouver, Canada.
MERC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Mercer International Inc. To summarize, we found that Mercer International Inc ranked in the 20th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Mercer International Inc ended up being:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.75 years, is -0.07% -- higher than merely 16.03% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- 45% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 13.41% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- As a business, Mercer International Inc experienced a tax rate of about 4% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Basic Materials), this tax rate is higher than only 24.88% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MERC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MERC Latest Social Stream
View Full MERC Social Stream
Latest MERC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Mercer International Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MERC as an investment opportunity.
Mercer International (MERC) could be a great choice for investors looking to buy stocks that have gained strong momentum recently but are still trading at reasonable prices. It is one of the several stocks that made it through our 'Fast-Paced Momentum at a Bargain' screen.
Mercer International Inc. (MERC) Q1 2021 Earnings Conference Call April 30, 2021 10:00 ET Company Participants David Ure - Senior Vice President Finance, Chief Financial Officer & Secretary David Gandossi - President & Chief Executive Officer Conference Call Participants Hamir Patel - CIBC Capital Markets Sean Steuart - TD Securities...
MERC earnings call for the period ending March 31, 2021.
Mercer (MERC) declares $0.065/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.Forward yield 1.55%Payable July 7; for shareholders of record June 30; ex-div June 29.See MERC Dividend Scorecard, Yield Chart, & Dividend Growth....
Mercer International Inc. Reports First Quarter 2021 Results and Announces Quarterly Cash Dividend of $0.065
Selected Highlights Record quarterly wood products segment resultsFirst quarter Operating EBITDA* of $82.0 million and net income of $5.9 million NEW YORK, April 29, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mercer International Inc. (Nasdaq: MERC) today reported first quarter 2021 Operating EBITDA increased to $82.0 million from $57.0 million in the first quarter of 2020 and from $49.5 million in the fourth quarter of 2020. In the first quarter of 2021, net income was $5.9 million (or $0.09 per share) compared to a net loss of $3.4 million (or $0.05 per share) in the first quarter of 2020 and a net loss of $13.0 million (or $0.20 per share) in the fourth quarter of 2020. Mr. David Gandossi, the Chief Executive Officer, stated: “In the first quarter, our mills continued to run well and safely due to our...
MERC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MERCWant to do more research on Mercer International Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Mercer International Inc (MERC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Mercer International Inc (MERC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Mercer International Inc (MERC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch