Mercer International Inc. (MERC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MERC POWR Grades
- MERC scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 93.17% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MERC is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- MERC's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 19.12% of US stocks).
MERC Stock Summary
- MERC's current price/earnings ratio is 3.02, which is higher than merely 4.03% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- For MERC, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 95.2% of US equities we're observing.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, MERCER INTERNATIONAL INC is reporting a growth rate of 146.5%; that's higher than 89.27% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to MERCER INTERNATIONAL INC are OLN, LOAN, AGRO, PFX, and ZIM.
- Visit MERC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.mercerint.com.
MERC Valuation Summary
- MERC's EV/EBIT ratio is 3.9; this is 58.51% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- MERC's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 629.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MERC.
MERC Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 60.05%.
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 55.78%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 76.09%.
The table below shows MERC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MERC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MERC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 44.12% of graded US stocks.
- MERC's asset turnover comes in at 0.769 -- ranking 12th of 21 Business Supplies stocks.
- RFP, SCS, and AVY are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MERC.
The table below shows MERC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MERC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MERC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$13.78||52-week high||$17.50|
|Prev. close||$13.64||52-week low||$10.82|
|Day high||$14.05||Avg. volume||408,438|
|50-day MA||$13.58||Dividend yield||2.18%|
|200-day MA||$14.41||Market Cap||911.78M|
Mercer International Inc. (MERC) Company Bio
Mercer International manufactures and sells northern bleached softwood kraft (NBSK) pulp worldwide. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in Vancouver, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
MERC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MERC Latest Social Stream
View Full MERC Social Stream
Latest MERC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MERCER INTERNATIONAL INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MERC as an investment opportunity.
NEW YORK, Nov. 21, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mercer International Inc. (Nasdaq: MERC) today announced that the Company will be presenting at the following upcoming conferences: BofA Securities 2022 Leveraged Finance ConferenceBoca Raton, Florida, November 28 to November 30, 2022Presentation at 2:50 p.m. (EST) on Tuesday, November 29, 2022 Credit Suisse 10th Annual Global Industrials ConferencePalm Beach, Florida, November 29 to December 2, 2022Fireside chat at 11:45 a.m. (EST) on Thursday, Decemb
Mercer International Inc. ( NASDAQ:MERC ) will pay a dividend of $0.075 on the 29th of December. This means that the...
Mercer International Inc. (NASDAQ:MERC) insiders are undoubtedly delighted they bought last year with gains to date at US$473k
Insiders who bought Mercer International Inc. ( NASDAQ:MERC ) in the last 12 months may probably not pay attention to...
Mercer International Inc. Reports Third Quarter and Nine Months 2022 Results and Announces Quarterly Cash Dividend of $0.075
Selected Highlights Third quarter net income of $66.7 million and Operating EBITDA* of $140.9 millionRecord year to date net income of $227 million and Operating EBITDA* of $440.4 millionExpanded German solid wood business with the acquisition of HIT Torgau NEW YORK, Oct. 27, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mercer International Inc. (Nasdaq: MERC) today reported third quarter 2022 Operating EBITDA of $140.9 million similar to $148.1 million in the third quarter of 2021 and $145.1 million in the second
Many investors are still learning about the various metrics that can be useful when analysing a stock. This article is...
MERC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MERCWant to do more research on Mercer International Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Mercer International Inc (MERC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Mercer International Inc (MERC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Mercer International Inc (MERC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch