MetLife Inc. (MET): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MET POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where MET ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 80.82% of US stocks.
- MET's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- MET's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 7.23% of US stocks).
MET Stock Summary
- MET has a market capitalization of $48,478,998,309 -- more than approximately 95.84% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of METLIFE INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.47% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, MET is more volatile than only 3.98% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to METLIFE INC, a group of peers worth examining would be E, SRE, ED, PEG, and EXC.
- Visit MET's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.metlife.com.
MET Valuation Summary
- MET's price/earnings ratio is 14.5; this is 39.42% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, MET's price/earnings ratio has gone down 12.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MET.
MET Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 42.77%.
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at -25.16%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -1.62%.
The table below shows MET's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MET's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MET has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 34.64% of graded US stocks.
- MET's asset turnover comes in at 0.089 -- ranking 110th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- FAF, ERIE, and PRA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MET.
The table below shows MET's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MET Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MET Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$64.55||52-week high||$73.18|
|Prev. close||$65.26||52-week low||$57.05|
|Day high||$65.49||Avg. volume||4,497,633|
|50-day MA||$64.87||Dividend yield||3.06%|
|200-day MA||$65.69||Market Cap||52.49B|
MetLife Inc. (MET) Company Bio
MetLife, Inc. is the holding corporation for the Metropolitan Life Insurance Company (MLIC), better known asMetLife, and its affiliates. MetLife is among the largest global providers of insurance, annuities, and employee benefit programs, with 90 million customers in over 60 countries. The firm was founded on March 24, 1868. MetLife ranked No. 43 in the 2018 Fortune 500 list of the largest United States corporations by total revenue. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
MET Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MET Latest Social Stream
View Full MET Social Stream
Latest MET News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about METLIFE INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MET as an investment opportunity.
Remote Workers Struggle Most with Financial Anxiety and Benefits Selection as 53% Approach a Financial ‘Breaking Point’
NEW YORK, October 03, 2022--While the majority of today’s workforce prefers remote work1 over going to the office, MetLife’s annual open enrollment survey found location may impact much more than just the daily commute.
NEW YORK, September 29, 2022--METLIFE RECOGNIZED FOR HISPANIC INCLUSION
Multiline insurers like MetLife (MET), Prudential Financial (PRU), The Hartford Financial (HIG), Old Republic International (ORI) and Radian Group (RDN), which have an impressive dividend history, offer a breather amid volatility.
Why investors should use the Zacks Earnings ESP tool to help find stocks that are poised to top quarterly earnings estimates.
MetLife Teams up With the New York Giants and New York Jets to Support Students in the Tri-State Area
NEW YORK, September 22, 2022--MetLife is teaming up with the New York Jets and New York Giants to support programs that help students develop and succeed. As part of its "Inside the Huddle" initiative, MetLife will raise awareness and funds for Year Up New York | New Jersey and the New York City Police Foundation’s Far Rockaway Giants, and the Harlem Giants.
MET Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|