MetLife, Inc. (MET): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MET POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where MET ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 88.02% of US stocks.
- MET's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving up over the last 52 weeks.
- MET ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 34th percentile.
MET Stock Summary
- Metlife Inc's market capitalization of $52,681,862,888 is ahead of 94.99% of US-listed equities.
- Of note is the ratio of Metlife Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.35% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of Metlife Inc's share price is greater than that of only 4.85% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MET, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are E, SNP, NEM, BCE, and EXC.
- MET's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Metlife Inc's official web site, go to www.metlife.com.
MET Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, MET's price/sales ratio is 78.12% lower, now standing at 0.7.
- MET's price/earnings ratio has moved down 3.6 over the prior 243 months.
- MET's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MET.
MET Growth Metrics
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 90.09%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -18.13%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 81.29%.
The table below shows MET's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MET's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MET has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 34.64% of graded US stocks.
- MET's asset turnover comes in at 0.089 -- ranking 110th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- FAF, ERIE, and PRA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MET.
The table below shows MET's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MET Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MET Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$60.10||52-week high||$67.68|
|Prev. close||$62.63||52-week low||$44.62|
|Day high||$60.44||Avg. volume||4,959,002|
|50-day MA||$63.49||Dividend yield||3.19%|
|200-day MA||$61.79||Market Cap||50.55B|
MetLife, Inc. (MET) Company Bio
Metlife Inc. provides life insurance, annuities, employee benefits, and asset management products in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East. It operates in six segments: Retail; Group, Voluntary & Worksite Benefits; Corporate Benefit Funding; Latin America; Asia; and Europe, the Middle East and Africa. The company was founded in 1863 and is based in New York, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
MET Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MET Latest Social Stream
View Full MET Social Stream
Latest MET News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Metlife Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MET as an investment opportunity.
MetLife CEO Michel Khalaf and CFO John McCallion to Speak at the Goldman Sachs 2021 US Financial Services Conference
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--MetLife''s CEO and CFO will participate in a fireside chat at the Goldman Sachs 2021 US Financial Services Conference on Wednesday, Dec. 8, 2021.
1832 Asset Management L.P. grew its position in shares of MetLife, Inc. (NYSE:MET) by 27.9% in the 2nd quarter, according to its most recent disclosure with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The fund owned 895 shares of the financial services providers stock after acquiring an additional 195 shares during the quarter. 1832 Asset Management 
NEW YORK, November 15, 2021--MetLife Declares Fourth Quarter 2021 Preferred Stock Dividends
NEW YORK, November 15, 2021--MetLife announced that, for the sixth year in a row, it has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index North America.
NEW YORK, November 11, 2021--MetLife today announced that it has been recognized as a 2022 Military Friendly® Employer and a 2022 Military Friendly Spouse Employer.
MET Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|