MetLife Inc. (MET): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MET POWR Grades
- MET scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 85.89% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MET is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- MET's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 43.84% of US stocks).
MET Stock Summary
- MET has a market capitalization of $43,449,456,982 -- more than approximately 94.84% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of METLIFE INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.42% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- MET's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 97.73% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to METLIFE INC are ORAN, E, RCI, FRFHF, and CNA.
- MET's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit METLIFE INC's official web site, go to www.metlife.com.
MET Valuation Summary
- MET's price/sales ratio is 0.6; this is 76% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, MET's price/earnings ratio has gone up 6.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MET.
MET Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -9.36%.
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 1388.79%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 31.18%.
The table below shows MET's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MET's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MET has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 34.64% of graded US stocks.
- MET's asset turnover comes in at 0.089 -- ranking 110th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- FAF, ERIE, and PRA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MET.
The table below shows MET's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MET Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of MET, see our MET price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$71.80||Average Broker Recommendation||1.5 (Moderate Buy)|
MET Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MET Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$54.35||52-week high||$77.36|
|Prev. close||$54.30||52-week low||$52.83|
|Day high||$54.37||Avg. volume||5,058,328|
|50-day MA||$67.91||Dividend yield||3.68%|
|200-day MA||$67.55||Market Cap||42.09B|
MetLife Inc. (MET) Company Bio
MetLife, Inc. is the holding corporation for the Metropolitan Life Insurance Company (MLIC), better known asMetLife, and its affiliates. MetLife is among the largest global providers of insurance, annuities, and employee benefit programs, with 90 million customers in over 60 countries. The firm was founded on March 24, 1868. MetLife ranked No. 43 in the 2018 Fortune 500 list of the largest United States corporations by total revenue. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
MET Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MET Latest Social Stream
View Full MET Social Stream
Latest MET News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about METLIFE INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MET as an investment opportunity.
Are You Looking for a High-Growth Dividend Stock?
Dividends are one of the best benefits to being a shareholder, but finding a great dividend stock is no easy task. Does MetLife (MET) have what it takes? Let's find out.
MetLife Names Bryan Boudreau New Global Chief Actuary
NEW YORK, March 23, 2023--MetLife Names Bryan Boudreau New Global Chief Actuary
Can Employers Afford Not to Care?
NEW YORK, March 20, 2023--The Great Resignation, quiet quitting, and labor hoarding are among the buzzy workplace trends ignited by one common theme: a lack (or perceived lack) of care for employees. MetLife’s 21st annual U.S. Employee Benefit Trends Study (EBTS) reveals feeling ‘cared for’ at work is a key driver of employee holistic health and happiness, which are strongly connected to employee productivity and job loyalty. Yet the study found nearly half of today’s employees (42%) don’t feel
15 Most Promising Dividend Stocks According to Analysts
In this article, we will take a look at the 15 most promising dividend stocks according to analysts. To see more such companies, go directly to 5 Most Promising Dividend Stocks According to Analysts. Financial markets are currently wavering following the SVB collapse and uncertainty about the Federal Reserve’s roadmap to tame inflation. Some analysts […]
MetLife (MET) Forms $4B Agriculture Mortgage Loans in 2022
MetLife's (MET) asset management arm, MetLife Investment Management, supports agricultural producers by initiating $4 billion of agricultural mortgage loans across 400 notes in 2022.
MET Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching METHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Metlife Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Metlife Inc (MET) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Metlife Inc (MET) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Metlife Inc (MET) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...