MetLife Inc. (MET): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MET POWR Grades
- MET scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 93.72% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MET is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- MET ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 40th percentile.
MET Stock Summary
- Metlife Inc's market capitalization of $59,001,345,228 is ahead of 95.37% of US-listed equities.
- Of note is the ratio of Metlife Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.5% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 11.29 for Metlife Inc; that's greater than it is for 94.07% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Metlife Inc are E, SNP, BCE, ORAN, and NEM.
- MET's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Metlife Inc's official web site, go to www.metlife.com.
MET Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, MET's price/sales ratio is 78.12% lower, now standing at 0.7.
- MET's price/earnings ratio has moved down 3.6 over the prior 243 months.
- MET's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MET.
MET Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at -0.34%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 1.15%.
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at 90.09%.
The table below shows MET's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MET's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MET has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 34.64% of graded US stocks.
- MET's asset turnover comes in at 0.089 -- ranking 110th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- FAF, ERIE, and PRA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MET.
The table below shows MET's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MET Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MET Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$63.32||52-week high||$73.18|
|Prev. close||$64.99||52-week low||$55.21|
|Day high||$64.60||Avg. volume||4,596,803|
|50-day MA||$68.11||Dividend yield||3.08%|
|200-day MA||$64.83||Market Cap||51.49B|
MetLife Inc. (MET) Company Bio
MetLife, Inc. is the holding corporation for the Metropolitan Life Insurance Company (MLIC), better known asMetLife, and its affiliates. MetLife is among the largest global providers of insurance, annuities, and employee benefit programs, with 90 million customers in over 60 countries. The firm was founded on March 24, 1868. MetLife ranked No. 43 in the 2018 Fortune 500 list of the largest United States corporations by total revenue. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
MET Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MET Latest Social Stream
View Full MET Social Stream
Latest MET News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Metlife Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MET as an investment opportunity.
These are the financial stocks with the best value, fastest growth, and most momentum for March 2022.
MetLife (MET) forges an alliance with Aura to safeguard the digital identity of employees, having access to its U.S. Group Benefits platform, with the latter's solutions.
Owl Rock Capital's (ORCC) fourth-quarter results are supported by an increase in the debt investment portfolio.
AMERISAFE's (AMSF) fourth-quarter results hurt by fall in revenues, soft underwriting results and increasing expenses.
NEW YORK & BOSTON, February 23, 2022--MetLife will be the exclusive distributor of Aura’s digital security solutions in the employer channel.
MET Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|