Magnolia Oil & Gas Corporation (MGY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MGY POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where MGY ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.98% of US stocks.
- MGY's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- MGY's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 24.53% of US stocks).
MGY Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Magnolia Oil & Gas Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 9.28% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Magnolia Oil & Gas Corp is reporting a growth rate of -136.31%; that's higher than merely 13.75% of US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Magnolia Oil & Gas Corp comes in at 101.75%, a number that bests 92.02% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MGY, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PDCE, ERF, HP, AMPY, and HCC.
- Visit MGY's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.magnoliaoilgas.com.
MGY Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, MGY's price/sales ratio is 240% higher, now standing at 5.1.
- Over the past 51 months, MGY's price/sales ratio has gone NA NA.
- MGY's price/earnings ratio has moved NA NA over the prior 51 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MGY.
MGY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MGY has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.31% of graded US stocks.
- MGY's asset turnover comes in at 0.595 -- ranking 38th of 136 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows MGY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MGY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MGY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$24.52||52-week high||$26.83|
|Prev. close||$24.05||52-week low||$11.59|
|Day high||$24.76||Avg. volume||1,856,347|
|50-day MA||$24.10||Dividend yield||1.63%|
|200-day MA||$20.44||Market Cap||5.56B|
Magnolia Oil & Gas Corporation (MGY) Company Bio
Magnolia Oil & Gas Corporation operates as an oil and gas exploration and production company. It has operations in South Texas in the core of the Eagle Ford. The company is based in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
MGY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MGY Latest Social Stream
View Full MGY Social Stream
Latest MGY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Magnolia Oil & Gas Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MGY as an investment opportunity.
Magnolia Oil & Gas Corp's (MGY) fourth-quarter earnings and revenues beat the consensus mark, while the production shows an upsurge.
Magnolia Oil & Gas (NYSE:MGY) reported Q4 earnings after the close Wednesday, posting adjusted earnings per share of 82c, versus Street expectations for 78c. Management also provided a 2022 outlook and shareholder return plan: Capex - having added a 2nd rig in mid 2021, Management plans to continue with a...
After Piper Sandler and KeyBanc gave Magnolia Oil & Gas (NYSE: MGY) a Buy rating last month, the company received another Buy, this time from Siebert Williams Shank & Co. Analyst Gabriele Sorbara reiterated a Buy rating on Magnolia Oil & Gas today and set a price target of $27.00. The company's shares closed last Wednesday at $20.30. According to TipRanks.com, Sorbara is a 4-star analyst with an average return of 6.8% and a 40.7% success rate. Sorbara covers the Utilities sector, focusing on stocks such as Continental Resources, Chesapeake Energy, and Range Resources.
Magnolia Oil & Gas Corp (MGY) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 10.81% and 1.75%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
HOUSTON, February 16, 2022--Magnolia Oil & Gas Corporation Announces 2021 Fourth Quarter and Year-End Results
MGY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|