Magnolia Oil & Gas Corporation (MGY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MGY POWR Grades
- MGY scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 95.2% of US stocks.
- MGY's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- MGY's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 16.7% of US stocks).
MGY Stock Summary
- Magnolia Oil & Gas Corp's stock had its IPO on June 29, 2017, making it an older stock than only 13.39% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Magnolia Oil & Gas Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 10.7% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- As for revenue growth, note that MGY's revenue has grown -37.61% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of only 10.05% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MGY, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are APOG, CR, TDS, DY, and TTEC.
- Visit MGY's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.magnoliaoilgas.com.
MGY Valuation Summary
MGY's price/sales ratio is 6.1; this is 258.82% higher than that of the median Energy stock.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MGY.
MGY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MGY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$14.15||52-week high||$16.15|
|Prev. close||$14.91||52-week low||$4.09|
|Day high||$14.35||Avg. volume||2,147,819|
|50-day MA||$12.54||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$9.09||Market Cap||3.43B|
Magnolia Oil & Gas Corporation (MGY) Company Bio
Magnolia Oil & Gas Corporation operates as an oil and gas exploration and production company. It has operations in South Texas in the core of the Eagle Ford. The company is based in Houston, Texas.
MGY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MGY Latest Social Stream
View Full MGY Social Stream
Latest MGY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Magnolia Oil & Gas Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MGY as an investment opportunity.
Photo by RondaKimbrow/iStock via Getty Images This is a Z4 Research post call note. We have covered Bonanza Creek (NYSE:BCEI), soon to be called Civitas, for a long time. Of late the name has been a consolidator in the greater Wattenberg region closing its acquisition of Highpoint in 1Q21, and...
Magnolia Oil & Gas ([[MGY]] +3.3%) marches higher as Piper Sandler upgrades shares to Overweight from Neutral with a $16 price target, raised from $13, as consistent performance in Giddings boosts confidence in the sustainability of the company's capital return growth."Repeatable performance and inventory expansion" in the Giddings core are key...
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / May 5, 2021 / Magnolia Oil & Gas Corp. (NYSE:MGY) will be discussing their earnings results in their 2021 First Quarter Earnings call to be held on May 5, 2021 at 11:00 AM Eastern Time.
Magnolia Oil & Gas Corp (MGY) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
As of late, it has definitely been a great time to be an investor in Magnolia Oil & Gas (MGY).
MGY Price Returns