Magnolia Oil & Gas Corporation (MGY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MGY POWR Grades
- MGY scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 99.63% of US stocks.
- MGY's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 48 weeks.
- MGY ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 19th percentile.
MGY Stock Summary
- MGY's went public 4.24 years ago, making it older than merely 14.64% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Magnolia Oil & Gas Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 12.14% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Magnolia Oil & Gas Corp is reporting a growth rate of -117.12%; that's higher than merely 17.04% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MGY, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are HP, HNRG, BCEI, MCS, and PDCE.
- MGY's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Magnolia Oil & Gas Corp's official web site, go to www.magnoliaoilgas.com.
MGY Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, MGY's price/sales ratio is 240% higher, now standing at 5.1.
- Over the past 51 months, MGY's price/sales ratio has gone NA NA.
- MGY's price/earnings ratio has moved NA NA over the prior 51 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MGY.
MGY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MGY has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.32% of graded US stocks.
- MGY's asset turnover comes in at 0.499 -- ranking 48th of 138 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows MGY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MGY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MGY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$17.86||52-week high||$18.36|
|Prev. close||$17.84||52-week low||$4.09|
|Day high||$18.36||Avg. volume||1,978,021|
|50-day MA||$15.04||Dividend yield||0.9%|
|200-day MA||$12.40||Market Cap||4.21B|
Magnolia Oil & Gas Corporation (MGY) Company Bio
Magnolia Oil & Gas Corporation operates as an oil and gas exploration and production company. It has operations in South Texas in the core of the Eagle Ford. The company is based in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
MGY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MGY Latest Social Stream
View Full MGY Social Stream
Latest MGY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Magnolia Oil & Gas Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MGY as an investment opportunity.
HOUSTON, September 24, 2021--Magnolia Oil & Gas Corporation (NYSE: MGY) ("Magnolia" or the "Company") today announced the pricing of the previously announced underwritten block trade of 7,500,000 shares of the Company’s Class A common stock (the "Class A Common Stock") by certain affiliates of EnerVest, Ltd. (the "Selling Stockholders") resulting in total gross proceeds to the Selling Stockholders of $122.85 million (the "Offering"). The Offering is expected to close on or about September 28, 20
Improving fuel demand amid tight supply will continue to keep the crude pricing scenario favorable for exploration and production companies. MGY, WLL & MTDR are therefore well poised to gain.
HOUSTON, September 23, 2021--EnerVest Proposed Block Trade of 7,500,000 Shares of Class A Common Stock of Magnolia
Soaring energy prices and cheap valuations make this group attractive.
Description: As oil and gas prices continue to rally, investors are starting to move back into energy stocks, and some popular stocks have skyrocketed since the start of 2021
MGY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|