Markel Corporation (MKL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MKL POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where MKL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 88.76% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MKL is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 163 days.
- MKL ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 0th percentile.
MKL Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 2.37, Markel Corp is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than merely 10.7% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, MKL has reported earnings growth of 301.71%, putting it ahead of 92.57% of US stocks in our set.
- The volatility of Markel Corp's share price is greater than that of merely 2.48% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MKL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are FNF, ICL, LKQ, TXT, and MTB.
- MKL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Markel Corp's official web site, go to www.markel.com.
MKL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, MKL's price/earnings ratio is 40% lower, now standing at 6.6.
- Over the past 243 months, MKL's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 77.7.
- MKL's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MKL.
MKL Growth Metrics
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 0.89%.
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -134.72%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 29.81%.
The table below shows MKL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MKL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MKL has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 51.56% of graded US stocks.
- MKL's asset turnover comes in at 0.297 -- ranking 57th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- BRK.B, ORI, and GBLI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MKL.
The table below shows MKL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MKL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MKL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$1,197.57||52-week high||$1,343.56|
|Prev. close||$1,218.22||52-week low||$942.44|
|Day high||$1,210.79||Avg. volume||42,384|
|50-day MA||$1,239.85||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$1,234.17||Market Cap||16.37B|
Markel Corporation (MKL) Company Bio
Markel Corporation markets and underwrites specialty insurance products in the United States and internationally. It operates through three segments: U.S. Insurance, International Insurance, and Reinsurance. The company was founded in 1930 and is based in Glen Allen, Virginia.
Most Popular Stories View All
MKL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MKL Latest Social Stream
View Full MKL Social Stream
Latest MKL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Markel Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MKL as an investment opportunity.
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
Markel Corporation's (NYSE:MKL) Stock Has Fared Decently: Is the Market Following Strong Financials?
Markel's (NYSE:MKL) stock is up by 4.1% over the past month. Given that the market rewards strong financials in the...
Lincoln, NE, based Investment company Farmers & Merchants Investments Inc (Current Portfolio) buys Berkshire Hathaway Inc, VMware Inc, Exxon Mobil Corp, Vanguard Short-Term Corporate Bond ETF, Vanguard Short-Term Bond ETF, sells CoreSite Realty Corp, AT&T Inc, Ameren Corp, Lennox International Inc, Alliant Energy Corp during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Farmers & Merchants Investments Inc.
Scottsdale, AZ, based Investment company Autus Asset Management, LLC (Current Portfolio) buys ONEOK Inc, Markel Corp, Phillips 66 Partners LP, Broadmark Realty Capital Inc, Gladstone Commercial Corp, sells iShares iBonds Dec 2021 Term Muni Bond ETF, iShares Core MSCI Emerging Markets ETF during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Autus Asset Management, LLC.
Markel Corporation (NYSE: MKL) announced today that Tyler Brown has joined as Managing Director, Investments. Brown will report to Tom Gayner, Co-Chief Executive Officer. In his role, he will assist Gayner in the management of the company's investment portfolio and manage investor relations.
MKL Price Returns