Markel Corporation (MKL): Price and Financial Metrics
MKL Stock Summary
- Markel Corp's market capitalization of $16,165,596,330 is ahead of 88.62% of US-listed equities.
- Of note is the ratio of Markel Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.77% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, MKL is more volatile than merely 15.22% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MKL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are YUM, SVM, VIV, MTB, and FMS.
- MKL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Markel Corp's official web site, go to www.markelcorp.com.
MKL Stock Price Chart More Charts
MKL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$1,254.00||52-week high||$1,347.64|
|Prev. close||$1,278.61||52-week low||$950.16|
|Day high||$1,274.99||Avg. volume||36,802|
|50-day MA||$1,207.44||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$1,144.52||Market Cap||17.28B|
Markel Corporation (MKL) Company Bio
Markel Corporation markets and underwrites specialty insurance products in the United States and internationally. It operates through three segments: U.S. Insurance, International Insurance, and Reinsurance. The company was founded in 1930 and is based in Glen Allen, Virginia.
MKL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Markel Corp. To summarize, we found that Markel Corp ranked in the 50st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Markel Corp ended up being:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 14.26 -- which is good for besting 69.21% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Financial Services sector with positive cash flow).
- MKL's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 29.47% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|