Markel Corporation (MKL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MKL POWR Grades
- MKL scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 88.27% of US stocks.
- MKL's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- MKL ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 4th percentile.
MKL Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $20,301,801,550, Markel Corp has a greater market value than 87.72% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Markel Corp is reporting a growth rate of 183.32%; that's higher than 88.85% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, MKL is more volatile than only 9.4% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MKL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are LUV, WPP, CCEP, VIV, and AEG.
- MKL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Markel Corp's official web site, go to www.markel.com.
MKL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, MKL's price/earnings ratio is 40% lower, now standing at 6.6.
- Over the past 243 months, MKL's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 77.7.
- MKL's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MKL.
MKL Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 50.64%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -1.18%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 29.81%.
The table below shows MKL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MKL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MKL has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 51.56% of graded US stocks.
- MKL's asset turnover comes in at 0.297 -- ranking 57th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- BRK.B, ORI, and GBLI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MKL.
The table below shows MKL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MKL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MKL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$1,262.70||52-week high||$1,519.24|
|Prev. close||$1,230.47||52-week low||$1,162.00|
|Day high||$1,267.53||Avg. volume||56,959|
|50-day MA||$1,278.08||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$1,303.06||Market Cap||17.08B|
Markel Corporation (MKL) Company Bio
Markel Corporation markets and underwrites specialty insurance products in the United States and internationally. It operates through three segments: U.S. Insurance, International Insurance, and Reinsurance. The company was founded in 1930 and is based in Glen Allen, Virginia.
Most Popular Stories View All
MKL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MKL Latest Social Stream
View Full MKL Social Stream
Latest MKL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Markel Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MKL as an investment opportunity.
MARKEL CORP – 10-K – MANAGEMENTapos;S DISCUSSION & ANALYSIS OF FINANCIAL CONDITION AND RESULTS OF OPERATIONS
The accompanying consolidated financial statements and related notes have been prepared in accordance with United States generally accepted accounting principles and include the accounts of Markel Corporation and its consolidated subsidiaries, as well as any variable interest entities that meet the requirements for consolidation. The post MARKEL CORP – 10-K – MANAGEMENT''S DISCUSSION & ANALYSIS OF FINANCIAL CONDITION AND RESULTS OF OPERATIONS appeared first on InsuranceNewsNet .
Markel Corporation with ticker code (MKL) have now 3 analysts covering the stock with the consensus suggesting a rating of ''Buy''. The range between the high target price and low target price is between 1550 and 1400 calculating the average target price we see 1450. Now with the previous closing price of 1273.37 this is indicating there is a potential upside of 13.9%. The 50 day moving average now sits at 1233.28 and the 200 day moving average is 1236.56. The market capitalisation for the company is $17,235m. You can visit the company''s website by visiting: https://www.markel.com [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="MKL" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] The potential market cap would be $19,626m based on the market concensus. Markel Corporatio...
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
MKL earnings call for the period ending December 31, 2021.
Image source: The Motley Fool. Markel (NYSE: MKL)Q4 2021 Earnings CallFeb 03, 2022, 9:30 a.m. ETContents: Prepared Remarks Questions and Answers Call Participants Prepared Remarks: OperatorGood morning, and welcome to the Markel Corporation fourth quarter 2021 conference call.
MKL Price Returns