Markel Corporation (MKL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MKL POWR Grades
- MKL scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 80.06% of US stocks.
- MKL's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- MKL ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 24th percentile.
MKL Stock Summary
- MKL's current price/earnings ratio is 5.93, which is higher than only 6.97% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Markel Corp is reporting a growth rate of -6,775.85%; that's higher than only 0.26% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that MKL's revenue has grown 66.45% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 91.44% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Markel Corp are NFE, LIQT, VRA, GRWG, and SAH.
- MKL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Markel Corp's official web site, go to www.markel.com.
MKL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, MKL's price/earnings ratio is 49.59% lower, now standing at 6.1.
- MKL's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.1 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, MKL's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MKL.
MKL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MKL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$1,206.17||52-week high||$1,268.96|
|Prev. close||$1,208.52||52-week low||$913.04|
|Day high||$1,217.30||Avg. volume||54,421|
|50-day MA||$1,209.04||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$1,108.47||Market Cap||16.59B|
Markel Corporation (MKL) Company Bio
Markel Corporation markets and underwrites specialty insurance products in the United States and internationally. It operates through three segments: U.S. Insurance, International Insurance, and Reinsurance. The company was founded in 1930 and is based in Glen Allen, Virginia.
MKL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Markel Corp. To summarize, we found that Markel Corp ranked in the 70th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 109.67% on a DCF basis. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for MKL, they are:
- The company has produced more trailing twelve month cash flow than 80.89% of its sector Financial Services.
- Markel Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 21.82% of tickers in our DCF set.
- MKL's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than only 21.82% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MKL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MKL Latest Social Stream
View Full MKL Social Stream
Latest MKL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Markel Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MKL as an investment opportunity.
Markel Corporation (NYSE:MKL) announced today it will hold a conference call on Wednesday, August 4, 2021, beginning at 9:30 am (Eastern Time) to discuss quarterly results and business developments.
To say I will never sell a stock typically means one of two things: either management has laid out a strategy that obviously compounds its advantages over time or the company is benefiting from a trend that has no end in sight. For Markel (NYSE: MKL), management evaluates itself in five year windows and is transparent about its methodical approach to deploying capital. It is also following a model that has proven itself over the past half century.
Markel (MKL) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Markel Corporation with ticker code (MKL) now have 4 analysts covering the stock. The analyst consensus points to a rating of ''Buy''. The target price ranges between 1400 and 1145 calculating the average target price we see 1317.5. With the stocks previous close at 1191.71 this now indicates there is a potential upside of 10.6%. The 50 day MA is 1206.09 and the 200 moving average now moves to 1140.47. The market cap for the company is $16,379m. Find out more information at: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="MKL" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] Markel Corporation, a diverse financial holding company, markets and underwrites specialty insurance products in the United States, Bermuda, the United Kingdom, rest of Europe, Canada, Latin Americ...
The specialty insurer saw improving profitability compared to last year.
MKL Price Returns