Markel Corporation (MKL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MKL POWR Grades
- MKL scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 81.09% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MKL is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- MKL's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 19.33% of US stocks).
MKL Stock Summary
- MKL has a higher market value than 88.8% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $17,325,999,544.
- MKL's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 268.06 -- higher than 90.79% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- As for revenue growth, note that MKL's revenue has grown -9.81% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of just 13.72% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MKL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are GTIM, BJRI, BRP, DRVN, and DNUT.
- MKL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit MARKEL CORP's official web site, go to www.markel.com.
MKL Valuation Summary
- MKL's price/earnings ratio is -250.9; this is 2262.93% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- MKL's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 46.6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MKL.
MKL Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 32.96%.
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 62.21%.
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -142.07%.
The table below shows MKL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MKL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MKL has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 51.56% of graded US stocks.
- MKL's asset turnover comes in at 0.297 -- ranking 57th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- BRK.B, ORI, and GBLI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MKL.
The table below shows MKL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MKL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MKL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$1,343.77||52-week high||$1,519.24|
|Prev. close||$1,344.60||52-week low||$1,064.09|
|Day high||$1,356.37||Avg. volume||52,534|
|50-day MA||$1,197.69||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$1,283.81||Market Cap||18.07B|
Markel Corporation (MKL) Company Bio
Markel Corporation markets and underwrites specialty insurance products in the United States and internationally. It operates through three segments: U.S. Insurance, International Insurance, and Reinsurance. The company was founded in 1930 and is based in Glen Allen, Virginia.
Most Popular Stories View All
MKL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MKL Latest Social Stream
View Full MKL Social Stream
Latest MKL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MARKEL CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MKL as an investment opportunity.
Markel (MKL) is well poised to gain from favorable rates, growth across all its product lines, higher earned premiums and prudent capital deployment.
HAMILTON, Bermuda, Nov. 21, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Markel announced today that Jessica Cardoso has been appointed Head of Office for Markel Bermuda Limited in addition to her current role as Senior …
Markel announced today that Jessica Cardoso has been appointed Head of Office for Markel Bermuda Limited in addition to her current role as Senior Director, Head of Bermuda Errors and Omissions.
WTW collaboration with Liberty Specialty Markets and Markel moves insurance industry closer to digital-first marketplace
GLOBAL, November 17, 2022- WTW, a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company, has announced a new collaboration with insurers Liberty Specialty Markets and Markel, launching the pilot phase of an innovative digital commercial insurance platform. "Developed in collaboration with LSM and Markel, this new platform signals a step-change in digital…
Markel Corporation found using ticker (MKL) have now 2 analysts covering the stock with the consensus suggesting a rating of ''Buy''. The target price ranges between 1600 and 1300 calculating the mean target price we have 1450. Given that the stocks previous close was at 1258.03 this now indicates there is a potential upside of 15.3%. The 50 day MA is 1171.39 and the 200 day moving average is 1282. The market capitalisation for the company is $17,023m. Company Website: https://www.markel.com [stock_market_widget type="chart" template="basic" color="green" assets="MKL" range="6mo" interval="1d" axes="true" cursor="true" api="yf"] The potential market cap would be $19,621m based on the market concensus. Markel Corporation, a diverse financial holding company, markets and underwrites speci...
MKL Price Returns