Markel Corporation (MKL): Price and Financial Metrics
MKL Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $16,699,778,640, Markel Corp has a greater market value than 86.49% of US stocks.
- Markel Corp's stock had its IPO on March 26, 1990, making it an older stock than 84.24% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, MKL is more volatile than merely 6.45% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Markel Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be LKQ, L, TXT, GIB, and FNF.
- MKL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Markel Corp's official web site, go to www.markel.com.
MKL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MKL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$1,197.49||52-week high||$1,218.88|
|Prev. close||$1,211.55||52-week low||$761.06|
|Day high||$1,211.00||Avg. volume||56,116|
|50-day MA||$1,135.96||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$1,041.00||Market Cap||16.50B|
Markel Corporation (MKL) Company Bio
Markel Corporation markets and underwrites specialty insurance products in the United States and internationally. It operates through three segments: U.S. Insurance, International Insurance, and Reinsurance. The company was founded in 1930 and is based in Glen Allen, Virginia.
MKL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Markel Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Markel Corp ranked in the 67th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 73.67%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Markel Corp, consider:
- In the past 5.55 years, Markel Corp has a compound free cash flow growth rate of 0.19%; that's better than 64.67% of cash flow producing equities in the Financial Services sector, where it is classified.
- Markel Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 19.1% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MKL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MKL Latest Social Stream
View Full MKL Social Stream
Latest MKL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Markel Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MKL as an investment opportunity.
Markel Corporation (NYSE: MKL) announced today that it still plans to hold its 2021 Annual Meeting of Shareholders (the Annual Meeting) in-person at Virginia Credit Union LIVE! at Richmond Raceway, 900 E. Laburnum Avenue, Richmond, Virginia on Monday, May 10, 2021, starting at 2:00 p.m. ET. After concluding the regular business session of the Annual Meeting, company leadership will provide a financial and strategic business update and host a question and answer session with investors in attendance.
The main point of investing for the long term is to make money. Furthermore, you'd generally like to see the share...
In this article we will analyze whether Markel Corporation (NYSE:MKL) is a good investment right now by following the lead of some of the best investors in the world and piggybacking their ideas. There’s no better way to get these firms’ immense resources and analytical capabilities working for us than to follow their lead into […]
AM Best has assigned indicative Long-Term Issue Credit Ratings of "bbb+" to senior unsecured issues, "bbb" to subordinated issues and "bbb-" to preferred stock to the recently filed shelf registration of Markel Corporation (Markel) (Glen Allen, VA) [NYSE: MKL]. The outlook assigned to these Credit Ratings (ratings) is stable. Concurrently, AM Best has withdrawn the ratings on the previous shelf registration. The existing ratings of Markel and its insurance subsidiaries are unchanged.
Riding high on improved results of its businesses, strategic acquisitions and sufficient liquidity, Markel (MKL) has potential to reward its investors.
MKL Price Returns
Continue Researching MKLHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Markel Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!