MKS Instruments, Inc. (MKSI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MKSI POWR Grades
- MKSI scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 90.85% of US stocks.
- MKSI's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- MKSI ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 28th percentile.
MKSI Stock Summary
- MKSI has a higher market value than 75.97% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $4,606,549,953.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 8.29, MKS INSTRUMENTS INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about 27.79% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- MKSI's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 28.47% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MKSI, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CSGS, HCTI, NTGR, SWIR, and EBS.
- Visit MKSI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.mksinst.com.
MKSI Valuation Summary
- MKSI's price/earnings ratio is 8.3; this is 57.22% lower than that of the median Technology stock.
- MKSI's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 13 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MKSI.
MKSI Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 70.7%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 128.73%.
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 90.55%.
The table below shows MKSI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MKSI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MKSI has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 62.83% of graded US stocks.
- MKSI's asset turnover comes in at 0.69 -- ranking 31st of 76 Measuring and Control Equipment stocks.
- CLIR, COHU, and THMO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MKSI.
The table below shows MKSI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MKSI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MKSI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$86.44||52-week high||$181.03|
|Prev. close||$88.89||52-week low||$81.50|
|Day high||$87.37||Avg. volume||590,944|
|50-day MA||$101.99||Dividend yield||0.99%|
|200-day MA||$126.20||Market Cap||4.82B|
MKS Instruments, Inc. (MKSI) Company Bio
MKS Instruments provides instruments, subsystems, and process control solutions that measure, control, power, monitor, and analyze critical parameters of manufacturing processes in the United States and internationally. The company operates through four segments: Advanced Manufacturing Capital Equipment, Analytical Solutions Group, Europe Region Sales & Service, and Asia Region Sales & Service. The company was founded in 1961 and is based in Andover, Massachusetts.
Most Popular Stories View All
MKSI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MKSI Latest Social Stream
View Full MKSI Social Stream
Latest MKSI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MKS INSTRUMENTS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MKSI as an investment opportunity.
These are the 6 most aggressive growth stocks to buy now.
Needham analyst James Ricchiuti maintained a Buy rating on MKS Instruments (MKSI - Research Report) today and set a price target of $105.00. The company's shares closed yesterday at $82.31.According to TipRanks, Ricchiuti is a 5-star analyst with an average return of 13.6% and a 54.55% success rate. Ricchiuti covers the Technology sector, focusing on stocks such as Coherent Corp, Cognex, and Faro Technologies.Currently, the analyst consensus on MKS Instruments is a Strong Buy with an average price target of $146.43, which is a 77.90% upside from current levels. In a report released on September 19, Benchmark Co. also maintained a Buy rating on the stock with a $145.
In a report released today, Mark Miller from Benchmark Co. maintained a Buy rating on MKS Instruments (MKSI - Research Report), with a price target of $145.00. The company's shares closed last Friday at $89.11.Miller covers the Technology sector, focusing on stocks such as Western Digital, Seagate Tech, and Coherent Corp. According to TipRanks, Miller has an average return of 17.4% and a 52.62% success rate on recommended stocks. The word on The Street in general, suggests a Strong Buy analyst consensus rating for MKS Instruments with a $150.71 average price target, which is a 69.13% upside from current levels.
The one-year underlying earnings growth at MKS Instruments (NASDAQ:MKSI) is promising, but the shareholders are still in the red over that time
Passive investing in an index fund is a good way to ensure your own returns roughly match the overall market. When you...
ANDOVER, Mass., Aug. 26, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MKS Instruments, Inc. (NASDAQ: MKSI), a global provider of technologies that enable advanced processes and improve productivity, announced today that John T. C. Lee, President and Chief Executive Officer, will participate in a fireside chat at Citi’s 2022 Global Technology Conference on Friday, September 9, 2022, at 8:15 a.m. (Eastern Time). A live webcast of the session will be available in the Investor Relations section of the company's website
MKSI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|