MKS Instruments, Inc. (MKSI): Price and Financial Metrics
MKSI Stock Summary
- MKSI has a market capitalization of $8,948,744,222 -- more than approximately 81.03% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Mks Instruments Inc is reporting a growth rate of 103.68%; that's higher than 87.95% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that MKSI's revenue has grown 22.65% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 80.09% of US companies in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Mks Instruments Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be ENTG, SCL, AMOT, VAR, and FLIR.
- MKSI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Mks Instruments Inc's official web site, go to www.mksinst.com.
MKSI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MKSI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$161.44||52-week high||$192.30|
|Prev. close||$162.05||52-week low||$66.87|
|Day high||$165.92||Avg. volume||528,697|
|50-day MA||$163.06||Dividend yield||0.49%|
|200-day MA||$129.22||Market Cap||8.92B|
MKS Instruments, Inc. (MKSI) Company Bio
MKS Instruments provides instruments, subsystems, and process control solutions that measure, control, power, monitor, and analyze critical parameters of manufacturing processes in the United States and internationally. The company operates through four segments: Advanced Manufacturing Capital Equipment, Analytical Solutions Group, Europe Region Sales & Service, and Asia Region Sales & Service. The company was founded in 1961 and is based in Andover, Massachusetts.
MKSI Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Mks Instruments Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Mks Instruments Inc ranked in the 58th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for MKSI, they are:
- MKSI's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 33.29% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Mks Instruments Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 15.54. This coverage rate is greater than that of 82.03% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 9. This value is greater than merely 21.25% stocks in the Technology sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MKSI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MKSI Latest Social Stream
View Full MKSI Social Stream
Latest MKSI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Mks Instruments Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MKSI as an investment opportunity.
On February 9, 2021, MKS Instruments (NASDAQ:MKSI) announced shareholders can expect to receive a dividend payable on March 5, 2021. The stock will then go ex-dividend 1 business day(s) before the record date. MKS Instruments has an ex-dividend date planned for February 19, 2021. The company's current dividend payout sits at $0.2. That equates to a dividend yield of 0.54% at current price levels. What Are Ex-Dividend Dates? Ex-dividend dates are when company shares stop trading with their current dividend payouts in preparation for those companies to announce new ones. Usually, a company's ex-dividend date falls one business day before its record date. Investors should keep this in mind when purchasing stocks because buying them on or after ex-dividend dates does not qualify them to rec...
Benchmark Co. Stick to Their Buy Rating for MKS Instruments
Shares of Coherent jumped nearly 13.8% on Feb. 12 after the provider of lasers and laser-based technologies received a buyout offer from II-VI. The cash and stock deal has a total enterprise value of $6.5 billion. Per the terms of the unsolicited acquisition proposal, the manufacturer of engineered materials and optoelectronic components has proposed to pay $130 in cash and 1.3055 shares of II-VI for each share of Coherent (COHR). The total value, which comes in at $260 per share, represents a 14.6% premium to COHR's closing price on Feb. 11. Shares of II-VI dropped 9.7% at the close on Feb. 12.
A three-way bidding war for laser maker Coherent will incinerate value. A $6.4 billion takeover offer from optical component maker II-VI is the U.S. company’s third in a month. Original bidder Lumentum looks outgunned, since II-VI and second bidder MKS Instruments have more…
Coherent surges 16% after electronic-components maker II-VI Incorporated offers $260 a share in buyout bid (COHR, LITE, MKSI, IIVI)
Summary List Placement Coherent stock surged as much as 16% on Friday after the electronic-components maker II-VI Incorporated offered $260 per share for the company in a buyout bid. Coherent had already been the target of multiple buyout offers prior to II-VI's proposal. First, there was a $226 per share offer from the San Jose, California-based Lumentum , and then just last week MKS Instruments offered roughly $240 per share for the company. II-VI Incorporated's proposal represents a 24.0% premium over the implied value of the Lumentum transaction and a 9.8% premium over the implied value of MKS Instruments' acquisition proposal. If Coherent accepts II-VI's offer the company's stockholders would receive $130 in cash and 1.3055 II-VI common shares for each Coherent share held. However,...
MKSI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MKSIHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Mks Instruments Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!