Magellan Midstream Partners L.P. Limited Partnership (MMP): Price and Financial Metrics
MMP Stock Summary
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Magellan Midstream Partners LP is higher than it is for about 93.29% of US stocks.
- The volatility of Magellan Midstream Partners LP's share price is greater than that of only 15.33% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Magellan Midstream Partners LP's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 9.87%, greater than the shareholder yield of 83.85% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MMP, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are LSI, BBGI, PBA, GATX, and CDOR.
- MMP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Magellan Midstream Partners LP's official web site, go to www.magellanlp.com.
MMP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MMP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$41.67||52-week high||$58.13|
|Prev. close||$42.58||52-week low||$22.02|
|Day high||$42.51||Avg. volume||1,721,882|
|50-day MA||$43.48||Dividend yield||9.65%|
|200-day MA||$41.23||Market Cap||9.30B|
Magellan Midstream Partners L.P. Limited Partnership (MMP) Company Bio
Magellan Midstream Partners LP engages in the transportation, storage, and distribution of refined petroleum products and crude oil in the United States. It operates in three segments: Refined Products, Crude Oil, and Marine Storage. The company was founded in 2000 and is based in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
MMP Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Magellan Midstream Partners LP with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Magellan Midstream Partners LP ranked in the 42th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 35.33%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Magellan Midstream Partners LP, consider:
- Magellan Midstream Partners LP's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than merely 5.12% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Magellan Midstream Partners LP's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than merely 23.46% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than just 12.37% of stocks in its sector (Energy).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MMP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MMP Latest Social Stream
View Full MMP Social Stream
Latest MMP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Magellan Midstream Partners LP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MMP as an investment opportunity.
Magellan Midstream Partners, L.P. (NYSE: MMP) announced today that it plans to participate in the following virtual investor conferences next week:
When looking at two of the midstream sector's most conservative names, one stands out as the better buy. Here's what you need to know.
VITALIY KATSENELSON'S CONTRARIAN EDGE Pipelines are undergoing a renaissance, but it’s not the one you think. The previous renaissance of shale oil and natural gas development was anything but a good outcome for this industry.
Magellan Midstream Partners (MMP), once a stock market darling, now yields nearly 10%. This yield is markedly higher than peers of similar quality, largely in part due to the fact that MMP was hit harder by the pandemic. While MMP has projected for 2021 to see stagnating distributable cash flow...
Since the beginning, we have primarily been discussing traditional fossil fuel master limited partnerships as well as emerging renewable energy companies. There is a great deal of potential in both types of firm, although the last year has been particularly difficult on fossil fuel-related firms. While renewable companies have done...
MMP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MMPHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Magellan Midstream Partners LP's stock as an investment opportunity:
Magellan Midstream Partners LP (MMP) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Magellan Midstream Partners LP (MMP) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Magellan Midstream Partners LP (MMP) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!