Altria Group, Inc. (MO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MO POWR Grades
- MO scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 98.86% of US stocks.
- MO's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- MO's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 36.66% of US stocks).
MO Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $88,127,380,322, Altria Group Inc has a greater market value than 97.22% of US stocks.
- Altria Group Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 96.45% of US listed stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Altria Group Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 96.59% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Altria Group Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be DUK, BMO, GM, SO, and IBN.
- Visit MO's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.altria.com.
MO Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, MO's price/sales ratio is 25.93% higher, now standing at 3.4.
- Over the past 243 months, MO's price/sales ratio has gone up 2.2.
- Over the past 243 months, MO's price/earnings ratio has gone up 8.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MO.
MO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$47.04||52-week high||$52.59|
|Prev. close||$47.79||52-week low||$35.83|
|Day high||$47.65||Avg. volume||8,710,971|
|50-day MA||$47.96||Dividend yield||7.16%|
|200-day MA||$45.29||Market Cap||87.05B|
Altria Group, Inc. (MO) Company Bio
Altria Group manufactures and sells cigarettes, smokeless products, and wine in the United States and internationally. The company was founded in 1919 and is based in Richmond, Virginia.
MO Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Altria Group Inc. To summarize, we found that Altria Group Inc ranked in the 54th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Altria Group Inc ended up being:
- Altria Group Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 13.98% of tickers in our DCF set.
- As a business, Altria Group Inc experienced a tax rate of about 23% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Consumer Defensive), this tax rate is higher than 85.61% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MO Latest Social Stream
View Full MO Social Stream
Latest MO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Altria Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MO as an investment opportunity.
Tom Phelps once said that on Wall Street "Fortunes are made by buying right and holding on." No stock in history better exemplifies the power of blue-chip buy-and-hold investing to help you retire rich than Altria (MO). Altria is the best performing stock of all time, delivering 17.7% CAGR total...
Tilray is losing exposure on WallStreetBets.
Altria is trying to become less of a cigarette company as demand fades. Is the stock a buy after breaking out then giving back its gains?
Each year, fewer people in the U.S. smoke cigarettes, but that hasn't stopped tobacco giant Altria Group (NYSE: MO) from continuing to bring in profits. The company reported its second-quarter 2021 earnings on July 29 and showed investors that its business remains hot. Altria has signaled that it's striving for a "smoke-free future," where consumers use reduced-risk products such as sister company Philip Morris International's IQOS product, oral nicotine pouches, and electronic cigarettes.
Companies In The News Are: NOK, YUM, MA, MO.
MO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|