Altria Group, Inc. (MO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MO POWR Grades
- MO scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 99.42% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MO is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- MO's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 25.43% of US stocks).
MO Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for MO is -6.32 -- better than only 2.56% of US stocks.
- MO's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of just 1.79% of US stocks.
- The volatility of ALTRIA GROUP INC's share price is greater than that of just 0.88% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to ALTRIA GROUP INC, a group of peers worth examining would be C, FISV, UBS, NOC, and MDLZ.
- Visit MO's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.altria.com.
MO Valuation Summary
- MO's price/sales ratio is 3.1; this is 210% higher than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, MO's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 7.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MO.
MO Growth Metrics
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 3.96%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 7.42%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -44.59%.
The table below shows MO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MO has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 97.23% of graded US stocks.
- MO's asset turnover comes in at 0.579 -- ranking 4th of 5 Tobacco Products stocks.
- XXII, PM, and TPB are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MO.
The table below shows MO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MO Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of MO, see our MO price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$55.23||Average Broker Recommendation||1.62 (Moderate Buy)|
MO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$44.53||52-week high||$57.05|
|Prev. close||$44.50||52-week low||$40.35|
|Day high||$44.72||Avg. volume||8,410,153|
|50-day MA||$46.10||Dividend yield||8.45%|
|200-day MA||$44.88||Market Cap||79.51B|
Altria Group, Inc. (MO) Company Bio
Altria Group manufactures and sells cigarettes, smokeless products, and wine in the United States and internationally. The company was founded in 1919 and is based in Richmond, Virginia.
Most Popular Stories View All
MO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MO Latest Social Stream
View Full MO Social Stream
Latest MO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ALTRIA GROUP INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MO as an investment opportunity.
At trial, Minnesota says e-cigarette maker Juul targets kids
Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison personally opened his state's case against Juul Labs on Tuesday, accusing the e-cigarette maker of using “slick products, clever ads and attractive flavors” to hook children on nicotine as the first of thousands of cases against the company reached trial. Minnesota is seeking more than $100 million in damages, accusing Washington, D.C.-based Juul of unlawfully targeting young people to get a new generation addicted to nicotine. “They baited, deceived, and addicted a whole new generation of kids after Minnesotans slashed youth smoking rates down to the lowest level in a generation,” Ellison said.
Minnesota suit against e-cigarette maker Juul goes to trial
Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison is slated to lead off opening statements expected for Tuesday in his state's lawsuit against Juul Labs – marking the first time any of the thousands of cases against the e-cigarette maker over its alleged marketing to young people is going to play out in a courtroom. Minnesota sued Juul in 2019, accusing the San Francisco-based company of unlawfully targeting young people with its products to get a new generation addicted to nicotine. Ellison has declined to put a dollar figure on how much money the state is seeking in damages and civil penalties.
Altria’s CEO Explains Why the Dividend Is Big and Getting Bigger
The maker of Marlboro cigarettes is spending big on smoke-free products, but is committed to its payout.
Altria's (MO) Smoke-Free Products Aid Amid Low Cigarette Volume
Altria (MO) has been benefiting from its Oral Tobacco Products and strong pricing power. However, soft volumes in the Smokeable Products segment are a concern.
Juul, Altria face first trial over claims of marketing e-cigarettes to teens
E-cigarette company Juul Labs Inc and its former largest investor, Marlboro maker Altria Group Inc, will face their first U.S. trial this week over claims that they created a public nuisance by marketing addictive e-cigarettes to minors. Minnesota seeks to force the companies to pay for measures to remedy the harms of addiction. It says Juul sold its e-cigarettes in sweet flavors and promoted them on social media to appeal to underage consumers.
MO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MOWant to see what other sources are saying about Altria Group Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Altria Group Inc (MO) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Altria Group Inc (MO) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Altria Group Inc (MO) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...