Morningstar, Inc. (MORN): Price and Financial Metrics
MORN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$204.50||52-week high||$261.16|
|Prev. close||$206.14||52-week low||$163.28|
|Day high||$206.91||Avg. volume||123,455|
|50-day MA||$198.11||Dividend yield||0.72%|
|200-day MA||$218.13||Market Cap||8.70B|
MORN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MORN POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where MORN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 84.03% of US stocks.
- MORN's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- MORN ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 12th percentile.
MORN Stock Summary
- MORN's current price/earnings ratio is 498.2, which is higher than 99.01% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for MORN is currently 28.11, higher than 84.6% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 99.42%, MORNINGSTAR INC's debt growth rate surpasses 88.21% of about US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MORN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are B, SSNT, SRT, AZEK, and CCOI.
- MORN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit MORNINGSTAR INC's official web site, go to www.morningstar.com.
MORN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, MORN's EV/EBIT ratio is 737.96% higher, now standing at 90.5.
- MORN's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 55.6 over the prior 220 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MORN.
MORN Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -5.06%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 49.92%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 21.33%.
The table below shows MORN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MORN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MORN has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 76.87% of graded US stocks.
- MORN's asset turnover comes in at 0.598 -- ranking 34th of 444 Trading stocks.
- EGP, TCI, and VNO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MORN.
The table below shows MORN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Morningstar, Inc. (MORN) Company Bio
Morningstar provides independent investment research services, including data on stocks, mutual funds, and similar vehicles, and real-time global market data covering equities, indexes, futures, options, commodities, and precious metals. The company was founded in 1984 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
MORN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MORN Latest Social Stream
View Full MORN Social Stream
Latest MORN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MORNINGSTAR INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MORN as an investment opportunity.
Should You Sell Morningstar (MORN) Now?
Artisan Partners, an investment management company, released its “Artisan Small Cap Fund” first quarter 2023 investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. In the first quarter, its Investor Class fund ARTSX returned 7.60%, Advisor Class fund APDSX posted a return of 7.63%, and Institutional Class fund APHSX returned 7.62%, compared to a […]
3 Energy Stocks That Are Trading at a Massive Discount Right Now
Energy stocks have sold off to start 2023.
Mo, an AI Chatbot Powered by Morningstar Intelligence Engine, Debuts in Morningstar Platforms
Morningstar, Inc. (Nasdaq: MORN), a leading provider of independent investment insights, today launched a beta version of its generative artificial intelligence chatbot named "Mo" across Morningstar Investor, Research Portal, Direct, and Advisor Workstation platforms. Powered by the Morningstar Intelligence Engine, a platform that pairs Morningstar's extensive investment research library with Microsoft's Azure OpenAI Service, Mo is designed to surface and summarize Morningstar's independent insi
Morningstar, Inc. Reports First-Quarter 2023 Financial Results
Morningstar, Inc. (Nasdaq: MORN), a leading provider of independent investment insights, posted positive first-quarter revenue growth, driven by the performance of the license-based areas of the business.
Morningstar Wealth Introduces Portfolio Analytics Enrichment from ByAllAccounts
Morningstar, Inc. (Nasdaq: MORN), today announced Morningstar Wealth, a leading wealth technology and investment management provider, added the Portfolio Analytics feature to its ByAllAccounts product. ByAllAcounts is Morningstar's data aggregation solution that specializes in the unique demands and challenges of financial advisors, investors and the platforms supporting them.
MORN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MORNWant to see what other sources are saying about Morningstar Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Morningstar Inc (MORN) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Morningstar Inc (MORN) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Morningstar Inc (MORN) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...