Morningstar, Inc. (MORN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MORN POWR Grades
- MORN scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 87.44% of US stocks.
- MORN's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- MORN ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 50th percentile.
MORN Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $10,231,021,768, Morningstar Inc has a greater market value than 81.19% of US stocks.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for MORN is currently 25.59, higher than 78.92% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Over the past twelve months, MORN has reported earnings growth of 67.43%, putting it ahead of 79.59% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Morningstar Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be ICLR, AMED, MKSI, CIEN, and MMS.
- MORN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Morningstar Inc's official web site, go to www.morningstar.com.
MORN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, MORN's price/earnings ratio is 214.06% higher, now standing at 40.2.
- MORN's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down $3.2 over the prior 196 months.
- MORN's price/sales ratio has moved up $2.7 over the prior 196 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MORN.
MORN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MORN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$242.48||52-week high||$270.08|
|Prev. close||$244.22||52-week low||$139.19|
|Day high||$244.41||Avg. volume||128,517|
|50-day MA||$242.26||Dividend yield||0.52%|
|200-day MA||$217.23||Market Cap||10.41B|
Morningstar, Inc. (MORN) Company Bio
Morningstar provides independent investment research services, including data on stocks, mutual funds, and similar vehicles, and real-time global market data covering equities, indexes, futures, options, commodities, and precious metals. The company was founded in 1984 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
MORN Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Morningstar Inc. To summarize, we found that Morningstar Inc ranked in the 34th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 54%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for MORN, they are:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 95% of its capital from equity, and 5% of its capital from debt. Notably, its equity weight is greater than 85.39% of US equities in the Financial Services sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 5% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately just 18.44% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- MORN's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 46.85% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MORN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MORN Latest Social Stream
View Full MORN Social Stream
Latest MORN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Morningstar Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MORN as an investment opportunity.
How advisors choose investment portfolios is varied, and investors are wise to check with theirs to find out how they make investment choices.
Morningstar, Inc. (Nasdaq: MORN), a leading provider of independent investment research, today reported estimated U.S. mutual fund and exchange-traded fund (ETF) flows for May 2021. Long-term mutual funds and ETFs collected $83 billion during May, materially less than their $156 billion haul in March and $124 billion intake in April. Investors continued to favor passively managed strategies, pouring $71 billion into index-tracking funds.
CHICAGO, June 14, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Morningstar, Inc. (Nasdaq: MORN), a leading provider of independent investment research, today announced the nominees for the 2021 Morningstar Awards for Investing Excellence. The awards recognize portfolio managers, asset management firms, and
In this weeks fund news, Morningstar provides a framework for climate change disclosures; T. Rowe launches fifth active ETF; and the space ETF UFO reminds investors "Unidentified Aerial Phenomena" may pose a risk.
If you run an investment research team, it has arguably never been both easier and harder to analyse and identify best of breed managers. On the one hand, not only is the market saturated with options, but there is also a huge breadth of quantitative data at your fingertips. Providers such as Morningstar, Bloomberg and  The post The case for better fund selection data capture appeared first on Money Marketing .
MORN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|