Mosaic Co. (MOS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MOS POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where MOS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.99% of US stocks.
- MOS's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- MOS ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 23rd percentile.
MOS Stock Summary
- MOS's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 1.83 -- higher than just 8.43% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- MOS's went public 34.2 years ago, making it older than 89.3% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Over the past twelve months, MOS has reported earnings growth of 793.88%, putting it ahead of 97.28% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Mosaic Co, a group of peers worth examining would be IRM, WLK, LAMR, NDAQ, and BYD.
- MOS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Mosaic Co's official web site, go to www.mosaicco.com.
MOS Valuation Summary
- MOS's EV/EBIT ratio is 11.6; this is 23.68% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- MOS's price/earnings ratio has moved up 11.4 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, MOS's price/earnings ratio has gone up 11.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MOS.
MOS Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -2089.38%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 3.02%.
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -245.59%.
The table below shows MOS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MOS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MOS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 59.86% of graded US stocks.
- MOS's asset turnover comes in at 0.534 -- ranking 56th of 89 Chemicals stocks.
- LXU, OLN, and ECVT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MOS.
The table below shows MOS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MOS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MOS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$57.95||52-week high||$79.28|
|Prev. close||$61.17||52-week low||$28.26|
|Day high||$63.27||Avg. volume||8,862,104|
|50-day MA||$65.93||Dividend yield||0.78%|
|200-day MA||$45.82||Market Cap||20.98B|
Mosaic Co. (MOS) Company Bio
Mosaic Company is one of the world's leading producers and marketers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Mosaic is a single source provider of phosphates and potash fertilizers and feed ingredients for the global agriculture industry. The Mosaic Company was founded in 2004 and is based in Plymouth, Minnesota.
Most Popular Stories View All
MOS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MOS Latest Social Stream
View Full MOS Social Stream
Latest MOS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Mosaic Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MOS as an investment opportunity.
The Mosaic Company (NYSE:MOS) is up 2.4% after hours after the firm has entered into an accelerated share repurchase agreement with Goldman Sachs & Co. (NYSE:GS) to repurchase $400M of Mosaic's common stock. Under the pact, Mosaic will make a payment of $400M to Goldman Sachs and will receive an initial delivery...
Friday’s Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: Dish Network, Dollar General, eBay, Gap, HollyFrontier, Mosaic, NetApp, Tesla, TJX, Toll Brothers and More
Friday''s top analyst upgrades and downgrades included Dish Network, Dollar General, eBay, Gap, HollyFrontier, Mosaic, NetApp, Nextdoor, Skillz, Tesla, TJX, Toll Brothers and Vipshop.
Here is how Mercer International (MERC) and Mosaic (MOS) have performed compared to their sector so far this year.
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
Liquid Fertilizers Market Size and Emerging Trends 2022-2029 | Liquid Fertilizers Industry Analysis and Forecast Report by Fortune Business Insights™
Companies covered in liquid fertilizers market report are Yara International ASA, Nutrien Ltd., Israel Chemical Ltd., Haifa Chemical Ltd, Grupa Azoty, The Mosaic Company, Sociedad Química y Minera de Chile S.A., K+S Aktiengesellschaft, Plant Food Company Inc., EuroChem Group, and Others. Companies covered in liquid fertilizers market report are Yara International ASA, Nutrien Ltd., Israel Chemical Ltd., Haifa Chemical Ltd, Grupa Azoty, The Mosaic Company, Sociedad Química y Minera de Chile S.A., K+S Aktiengesellschaft, Plant Food Company Inc., EuroChem Group, and Others.
MOS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|