Marlin Business Services Corp. (MRLN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MRLN POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where MRLN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 80.28% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MRLN is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 161 days.
- MRLN's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 39.71% of US stocks).
MRLN Stock Summary
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -63.71%, Marlin Business Services Corp's debt growth rate surpasses merely 5.89% of about US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, MRLN has reported earnings growth of -524.51%, putting it ahead of merely 4.05% of US stocks in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, MRLN is more volatile than just 0.19% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Marlin Business Services Corp are AXR, UVE, YCBD, HWC, and REX.
- MRLN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Marlin Business Services Corp's official web site, go to marlincapitalsolutions.com.
MRLN Valuation Summary
- MRLN's price/earnings ratio is 7.6; this is 30.91% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 216 months, MRLN's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 59.6.
- MRLN's price/sales ratio has moved down 3.5 over the prior 216 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MRLN.
MRLN Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 122.04%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -66.08%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -39.96%.
The table below shows MRLN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MRLN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MRLN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 62.56% of graded US stocks.
- MRLN's asset turnover comes in at 0.115 -- ranking 45th of 430 Banking stocks.
- DFS, SYF, and FNMA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MRLN.
The table below shows MRLN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MRLN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MRLN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$23.49||52-week high||$23.54|
|Prev. close||$23.49||52-week low||$11.38|
|Day high||$23.51||Avg. volume||195,883|
|50-day MA||$23.12||Dividend yield||2.38%|
|200-day MA||$22.28||Market Cap||282.49M|
Marlin Business Services Corp. (MRLN) Company Bio
Marlin Business Services Corporation provides commercial lending products and services to small and mid-sized businesses in the United States. The company finances approximately 100 categories of commercial equipment, such as copiers, computers and software, security systems, telecommunications equipment, and other commercial and industrial equipment. The company was founded in 1997 and is based in Mount Laurel, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
MRLN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MRLN Latest Social Stream
View Full MRLN Social Stream
Latest MRLN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Marlin Business Services Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MRLN as an investment opportunity.
It is now part of New York-based HPS Investment Partners and is no longer publicly traded or operating as a bank.
MOUNT LAUREL, N.J., Jan. 20, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Marlin Business Services Corp., a nationwide provider of capital solutions to small businesses (“Marlin” or the “Company”), announced today the completion of its acquisition by funds managed by affiliates of HPS Investment Partners LLC (“HPS”) effective January 20, 2022, for $23.50 per share in an all-cash transaction. With the completion of this transaction, Marlin becomes part of the Global Leasing Platforms (the “Platforms”) managed by aff
MOUNT LAUREL, N.J., Jan. 12, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Marlin Business Services Corp. (NASDAQ: MRLN), a nationwide provider of capital solutions to small businesses (“Marlin” or the “Company”), announced today an update on its proposed merger with a subsidiary of funds managed by HPS Investment Partners LLC (“HPS”). Marlin and HPS have been working diligently to meet all closing conditions to the merger, including the condition that the Company’s wholly-owned subsidiary Marlin Business Bank surre
Marlin Business Services Corp. (NASDAQ:MRLN) Shares Sold by California State Teachers Retirement System
California State Teachers Retirement System lowered its position in Marlin Business Services Corp. (NASDAQ:MRLN) by 11.5% in the second quarter, according to its most recent Form 13F filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The firm owned 11,171 shares of the financial services providers stock after selling 1,445 shares during the quarter. California State Teachers 
Charles Schwab Investment Management Inc. Sells 1,387 Shares of Marlin Business Services Corp. (NASDAQ:MRLN)
Charles Schwab Investment Management Inc. lowered its position in Marlin Business Services Corp. (NASDAQ:MRLN) by 6.2% in the 2nd quarter, according to its most recent 13F filing with the SEC. The institutional investor owned 20,826 shares of the financial services providers stock after selling 1,387 shares during the period. Charles Schwab Investment Management Inc. owned 
MRLN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MRLNWant to do more research on Marlin Business Services Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Marlin Business Services Corp (MRLN) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Marlin Business Services Corp (MRLN) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Marlin Business Services Corp (MRLN) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch