Moderna Inc. (MRNA): Price and Financial Metrics
MRNA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$103.29||52-week high||$217.25|
|Prev. close||$100.27||52-week low||$95.02|
|Day high||$104.74||Avg. volume||3,598,169|
|50-day MA||$108.62||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$140.28||Market Cap||39.31B|
MRNA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MRNA POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where MRNA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 93.14% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MRNA is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- MRNA's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 0.81% of US stocks).
MRNA Stock Summary
- MRNA has a market capitalization of $38,055,452,874 -- more than approximately 94.07% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of MODERNA INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 9.33% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for MODERNA INC comes in at -53.67%, a number that bests merely 4.66% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to MODERNA INC are CDTX, WVE, PIRS, SYBX, and SPRB.
- MRNA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit MODERNA INC's official web site, go to www.modernatx.com.
MRNA Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, MRNA's price/earnings ratio is 17.98% higher, now standing at 31.5.
- Over the past 58 months, MRNA's price/earnings ratio has gone up 51.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MRNA.
MRNA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MRNA has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 98.11% of graded US stocks.
- MRNA's asset turnover comes in at 0.829 -- ranking 29th of 682 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows MRNA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Moderna Inc. (MRNA) Company Bio
Moderna, Inc. (/məˈdɜːrnə/ mə-DUR-nə) is an American pharmaceutical and biotechnology company based in Cambridge, Massachusetts that focuses on RNA therapeutics, primarily mRNA vaccines. These vaccines use a copy of a molecule called messenger RNA (mRNA) to produce an immune response. (Source:Wikipedia)
MRNA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MRNA Latest Social Stream
View Full MRNA Social Stream
Latest MRNA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MODERNA INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MRNA as an investment opportunity.
Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA) used to be a stock market star, climbing 1,700% from the start of 2020 through July of 2021. Investors liked that, and it clearly showed in the stock performance. After all, the vaccine is Moderna's only product right now, and demand for it has declined.
Once a relatively unknown biotech company, Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA) became a household name when it became one of the first companies to offer a vaccine for the COVID-19 virus. At its peak, Moderna saw quarterly revenue of $7 billion as it sold vaccines to the world. Its stock price followed suit, reaching an all-time high of $484 in mid-2021.
Moderna Recommends Shareholders Reject Amended “Mini-Tender” Offer by TRC Capital Investment Corporation
CAMBRIDGE, MA / ACCESSWIRE / September 29, 2023 / Moderna, Inc. (NASDAQ:MRNA) has become aware that TRC Capital Investment Corporation (TRC Capital) has amended its unsolicited "mini-tender" offer to purchase up to 1,000,000 shares of Moderna's common ...
CRISPR Therapeutics (NASDAQ: CRSP) specializes in gene editing, or the repair of faulty genes responsible for disease. Right now, CRISPR is heading for its biggest moment ever -- a regulatory decision on what may become its first commercialized product. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is set to decide on exa-cel for sickle cell disease in December and on exa-cel for beta thalassemia in March.
Despite slowing COVID-19 vaccine sales these healthcare titans are trading at more reasonable valuations with a lot of the risk-to-reward being priced into their stocks considering their earnings potential.
MRNA Price Returns