MSCI Inc (MSCI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MSCI POWR Grades
- MSCI scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 94.98% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MSCI is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- MSCI's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 16.74% of US stocks).
MSCI Stock Summary
- MSCI has a higher market value than 93.51% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $40,799,210,265.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for MSCI is -3.65 -- better than merely 2.39% of US stocks.
- MSCI's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of only 1.69% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to MSCI Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be HLT, MSI, HPQ, AZO, and MTCH.
- Visit MSCI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.msci.com.
MSCI Valuation Summary
- MSCI's price/earnings ratio is 62.7; this is 389.84% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- MSCI's price/sales ratio has moved up $15 over the prior 165 months.
- MSCI's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up $27.8 over the prior 165 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MSCI.
MSCI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MSCI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$502.90||52-week high||$506.40|
|Prev. close||$505.54||52-week low||$323.50|
|Day high||$506.40||Avg. volume||429,257|
|50-day MA||$472.03||Dividend yield||0.62%|
|200-day MA||$417.62||Market Cap||41.45B|
MSCI Inc (MSCI) Company Bio
Msci Inc. provides investment decision support tools worldwide, including indexes, portfolio risk and performance analytics, and multi-asset class market risk analytics products and services. The company was founded in 1998 and is based in New York, New York.
MSCI Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for MSCI Inc. To summarize, we found that MSCI Inc ranked in the 33th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of MSCI Inc, consider:
- 90% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than 71.92% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Financial Services), MSCI Inc has a reliance on debt greater than just 22.05% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MSCI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MSCI Latest Social Stream
View Full MSCI Social Stream
Latest MSCI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MSCI Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MSCI as an investment opportunity.
Global securities index publisher MSCI is looking at launching indexes for cryptocurrency assets, according to Chief Executive Henry Fernandez, in what would be another step towards mainstream acceptance for digital currencies and the companies trading in them. Fernandez, speaking at a Clubhouse event organized by venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz earlier this week, said MSCI has been talking to experts and is aiming to launch crypto indexes. He gave no details on what assets any index would focus on nor any timeline for their introduction and MSCI later declined a Reuters request to elaborate on his comments.
(Bloomberg) -- MSCI Inc. plans to delete troubled Chinese bad-debt manager China Huarong Asset Management Co. from its stock indexes effective June 22, due to the continued suspension of the company’s shares.The decision will impact exchange-traded funds with more than $210 billion of assets that track MSCI benchmarks of which Huarong is a constituent, including the MSCI Emerging Markets Index. According to MSCI’s rules, most stocks are deleted from its indexes within three business days if trad
The cyclical rally of the past half year may have reignited the debate about value stocks, but it has also had a knock-on effect on other investment styles. Having already fed into associate editor Algy Hall’s blue-chip momentum stock screen, a value tilt in momentum strategies has now become evident among funds such as iShares Edge MSCI USA Momentum Factor Ucits ETF (IUMO). The fund’s allocation to financials, meanwhile, has jumped from just 1.5 per cent of its assets before the rebalancing to 32.5 per cent. And its allocation to information technology stocks has fallen from 41.1 per cent to 17.7 per cent.
(Bloomberg) -- China Huarong Asset Management Co.’s presence in MSCI Inc. stock indexes may be about to end.Wednesday marks the 50th trading day since Huarong shares were halted in Hong Kong after the bad-debt manager failed to release 2020 results. After reaching that threshold, most companies are dropped from MSCI indexes within three trading days, according to the firm’s rules.Such a decision would impact exchange-traded funds with more than $210 billion of assets that track MSCI benchmarks o
Financial services companies have gotten a boost amid slowly rising interest rates and an erratic but still bullish stock market. Among them, MSCI, which provides investment decision tech support tools, got a bump up for its Relative Strength (RS) Rating into a new percentile Tuesday, as it rose from 68 to 72. The 72 RS Rating means that MSCI stock is outperforming 72% of all stocks.
MSCI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|