Middlesex Water Company (MSEX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MSEX POWR Grades
- MSEX scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 95.04% of US stocks.
- MSEX's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving down over the last 178 days.
- MSEX ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 6th percentile.
MSEX Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of MIDDLESEX WATER CO's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.55% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for MIDDLESEX WATER CO is higher than it is for about 95.38% of US stocks.
- MSEX's price/sales ratio is 10.27; that's higher than the P/S ratio of 88.86% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to MIDDLESEX WATER CO, a group of peers worth examining would be OTTR, DEI, CPK, NHI, and BXP.
- MSEX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit MIDDLESEX WATER CO's official web site, go to www.middlesexwater.com.
MSEX Valuation Summary
- MSEX's price/sales ratio is 10.6; this is 307.69% higher than that of the median Utilities stock.
- MSEX's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 27.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MSEX.
MSEX Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 54.34%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 830.86%.
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -19.5%.
The table below shows MSEX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MSEX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MSEX has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 19.68% of graded US stocks.
- MSEX's asset turnover comes in at 0.143 -- ranking 87th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- AVA, AQN, and SJW are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MSEX.
The table below shows MSEX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MSEX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MSEX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$90.46||52-week high||$121.43|
|Prev. close||$91.04||52-week low||$74.20|
|Day high||$90.72||Avg. volume||107,630|
|50-day MA||$85.84||Dividend yield||1.37%|
|200-day MA||$90.63||Market Cap||1.60B|
Middlesex Water Company (MSEX) Company Bio
Middlesex Water Company provides regulated and unregulated water and wastewater utility services in New Jersey, Delaware and Pennsylvania through various subsidiary companies. The company was founded in 1897 and is based in Iselin, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
MSEX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MSEX Latest Social Stream
View Full MSEX Social Stream
Latest MSEX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MIDDLESEX WATER CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MSEX as an investment opportunity.
What are the early trends we should look for to identify a stock that could multiply in value over the long term...
For beginners, it can seem like a good idea (and an exciting prospect) to buy a company that tells a good story to...
American States Water's (AWR) third-quarter earnings were lower than estimates. The delay in receiving approval on pending water rate case impacted third-quarter results.
Tidewater Donation Supports Foodbank of Delaware Backpack Program TIDEWATER DONATION SUPPORTS FOOD BANK OF DE BACKPACK PROGRAM(Pictured Left to Right) Kirsten E. Higgins, Tidewater Vice President; Larry Haas, Chief Development Officer and Chad Robinson Director of External Affairs of the Food Bank of Delaware, and Bruce O’Connor, President of Tidewater Utilities. DOVER, Del., Nov. 07, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Tidewater Utilities, Inc. (Tidewater), a water service provider and a wholly-owned subs
Middlesex Water (MSEX) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -9.09% and 1.56%, respectively, for the quarter ended September 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
MSEX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|