Middlesex Water Company (MSEX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MSEX POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where MSEX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 91.72% of US stocks.
- MSEX's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- MSEX's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 8.74% of US stocks).
MSEX Stock Summary
- MSEX's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 619.75 -- higher than 94.13% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Of note is the ratio of Middlesex Water Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.49% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Middlesex Water Co is higher than it is for about 95.15% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Middlesex Water Co, a group of peers worth examining would be ADC, FCPT, PGRE, TRTN, and REG.
- Visit MSEX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.middlesexwater.com.
MSEX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, MSEX's price/sales ratio is 333.33% higher, now standing at 11.7.
- Over the past 243 months, MSEX's price/sales ratio has gone up 8.6.
- MSEX's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 33.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MSEX.
MSEX Growth Metrics
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 23.58%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 1822.84%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 65.93%.
The table below shows MSEX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MSEX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MSEX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$101.74||52-week high||$103.26|
|Prev. close||$101.25||52-week low||$59.60|
|Day high||$103.26||Avg. volume||166,243|
|50-day MA||$87.79||Dividend yield||1.07%|
|200-day MA||$78.07||Market Cap||1.78B|
Middlesex Water Company (MSEX) Company Bio
Middlesex Water Company provides regulated and unregulated water and wastewater utility services in New Jersey, Delaware and Pennsylvania through various subsidiary companies. The company was founded in 1897 and is based in Iselin, New Jersey.
MSEX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MSEX Latest Social Stream
View Full MSEX Social Stream
Latest MSEX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Middlesex Water Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MSEX as an investment opportunity.
Middlesex Water (MSEX) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 5.08% and 1.95%, respectively, for the quarter ended June 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Second Quarter Highlights Revenues increase $1.4 million.Net Income rises by $1.2 million.Diluted EPS up $0.07 per share. ISELIN, N.J., July 30, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Middlesex Water Company (“Middlesex” or the “Company”) (NASDAQ:MSEX) a provider of water and wastewater services, today reported second quarter diluted earnings per share of $0.62, as compared to $0.55 per share for the same period in 2020. Net income increased $1.2 million to $10.9 million. Second Quarter ResultsThe Company rep
Middlesex Water (MSEX) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
ISELIN, N.J., July 23, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Middlesex Water Company (NASDAQ:MSEX) announced that its Board of Directors yesterday declared a cash dividend of $0.2725 per share on its common stock payable on September 1, 2021 to holders of record as of August 13, 2021. Middlesex Water has paid cash dividends in varying amounts continually since 1912 and has increased its annual dividend rate for 48 consecutive years. Information about Middlesex Water’s Investment Plan (Direct Share Purchase a
If we want to find a potential multi-bagger, often there are underlying trends that can provide clues. Amongst other...
MSEX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|