Middlesex Water Company (MSEX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MSEX POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where MSEX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 80.08% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MSEX is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- MSEX's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 1.27% of US stocks).
MSEX Stock Summary
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for MSEX is currently 56.11, higher than 91.12% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of Middlesex Water Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.5% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For MSEX, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 95.18% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MSEX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ACC, GNL, AER, NHI, and OTTR.
- Visit MSEX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.middlesexwater.com.
MSEX Valuation Summary
- MSEX's price/sales ratio is 13.7; this is 552.38% higher than that of the median Utilities stock.
- MSEX's price/sales ratio has moved up 10.6 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, MSEX's price/sales ratio has gone up 10.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MSEX.
MSEX Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 2.92%.
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 7.65%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 47.38%.
The table below shows MSEX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MSEX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MSEX has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 19.68% of graded US stocks.
- MSEX's asset turnover comes in at 0.143 -- ranking 87th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- AVA, AQN, and SJW are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MSEX.
The table below shows MSEX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MSEX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MSEX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$93.92||52-week high||$121.43|
|Prev. close||$91.95||52-week low||$75.77|
|Day high||$94.08||Avg. volume||113,217|
|50-day MA||$88.00||Dividend yield||1.24%|
|200-day MA||$97.49||Market Cap||1.65B|
Middlesex Water Company (MSEX) Company Bio
Middlesex Water Company provides regulated and unregulated water and wastewater utility services in New Jersey, Delaware and Pennsylvania through various subsidiary companies. The company was founded in 1897 and is based in Iselin, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
MSEX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MSEX Latest Social Stream
View Full MSEX Social Stream
Latest MSEX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Middlesex Water Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MSEX as an investment opportunity.
Check Presentation to Food Bank of Delaware Caption: (Left to Right) Tidewater Utilities representatives Kirsten E. Higgins, Vice President, and Joseph Cuccinello, Outing Coordinator present proceeds from Tidewater’s 2021 Charity Golf Outing to Chad Robinson, Director of External Affairs of the Food Bank of Delaware. DOVER, Del., Feb. 22, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Tidewater Utilities, Inc. (Tidewater), a water service provider and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Middlesex Water Company (NASDAQ:MSEX)
Middlesex Water (MSEX) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
ISELIN, N.J., Feb. 14, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Middlesex Water Company (NASDAQ:MSEX) is joining in a statewide lead service line replacement initiative aimed at reducing lead exposure to New Jersey residents. In July 2021, Governor Phil Murphy signed legislation requiring all New Jersey water utilities to take an inventory of, and ultimately replace, all water services lines that are either partially or fully constructed of lead piping, including lead and galvanized steel service lines. Exposur
S&P High Yield Dividend Aristocrats Index (SPHYDA) announces annual rebalancing that will be effective on February 1, 2022:Additions include: Middlesex Water (MSEX), NU Skin
American Water's (AWK) Missouri unit is set to invest $2.4 million in upgrading old infrastructure, which will strengthen operations and further increase the reliability of its services.
MSEX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|