Middlesex Water Company (MSEX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MSEX POWR Grades
- MSEX scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 75.87% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MSEX is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 52 weeks.
- MSEX's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 3.76% of US stocks).
MSEX Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 698.32, Middlesex Water Co is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 95.76% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Middlesex Water Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.35% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For MSEX, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 95.49% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MSEX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are GNL, PNW, DEI, OTTR, and CPK.
- MSEX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Middlesex Water Co's official web site, go to www.middlesexwater.com.
MSEX Valuation Summary
- MSEX's price/sales ratio is 13.7; this is 552.38% higher than that of the median Utilities stock.
- MSEX's price/sales ratio has moved up 10.6 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, MSEX's price/sales ratio has gone up 10.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MSEX.
MSEX Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 870.34%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 2.92%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 6.14%.
The table below shows MSEX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MSEX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MSEX has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 22.99% of graded US stocks.
- MSEX's asset turnover comes in at 0.146 -- ranking 86th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- AVA, SJW, and RGCO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MSEX.
The table below shows MSEX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MSEX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MSEX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$108.24||52-week high||$116.39|
|Prev. close||$106.89||52-week low||$63.56|
|Day high||$108.75||Avg. volume||144,804|
|50-day MA||$107.21||Dividend yield||1.03%|
|200-day MA||$88.99||Market Cap||1.89B|
Middlesex Water Company (MSEX) Company Bio
Middlesex Water Company provides regulated and unregulated water and wastewater utility services in New Jersey, Delaware and Pennsylvania through various subsidiary companies. The company was founded in 1897 and is based in Iselin, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
MSEX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MSEX Latest Social Stream
View Full MSEX Social Stream
Latest MSEX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Middlesex Water Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MSEX as an investment opportunity.
The big shareholder groups in Middlesex Water Company ( NASDAQ:MSEX ) have power over the company. Insiders often own a...
ISELIN, N.J., Oct. 15, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Middlesex Water Company (NASDAQ:MSEX), a provider of regulated and unregulated water and wastewater utility services in New Jersey and Delaware, today announced the release of its latest Corporate Sustainability Report. The report describes details on the company’s environmental, social and governance (ESG) commitment and includes key metrics for 2020. The Report also highlights its business continuity efforts and COVID-19 response as well as new e
California Water's (CWT) subsidiary completes the replacement work of a water main in Bodfish to improve the supply of water for its customers as well as firefighters.
Exelon Corporation (EXC) makes a strong case for investment, given its positive estimate revision, systematic capital investments, emission-reduction plans and efficient cost management.
American Water Works' (AWK) unit Pennsylvania American Water installs more than 2,000 feet of water main and improves the reliability of its services in Berwick, PA.
MSEX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|