Middlesex Water Company (MSEX): Price and Financial Metrics
MSEX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$68.25||52-week high||$93.68|
|Prev. close||$68.40||52-week low||$61.34|
|Day high||$68.56||Avg. volume||120,602|
|50-day MA||$65.14||Dividend yield||1.89%|
|200-day MA||$74.48||Market Cap||1.22B|
MSEX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MSEX POWR Grades
- MSEX scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 55.21% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MSEX is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- MSEX's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 6.23% of US stocks).
MSEX Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of MIDDLESEX WATER CO's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.17% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For MSEX, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 96.14% of US equities we're observing.
- MSEX's price/sales ratio is 7.06; that's higher than the P/S ratio of 85.76% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to MIDDLESEX WATER CO, a group of peers worth examining would be MTN, OTTR, ARTNA, NWN, and BKH.
- Visit MSEX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.middlesexwater.com.
MSEX Valuation Summary
- MSEX's price/sales ratio is 7; this is 311.76% higher than that of the median Utilities stock.
- Over the past 243 months, MSEX's price/sales ratio has gone up 3.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MSEX.
MSEX Growth Metrics
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -51.47%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -15.68%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 616.51%.
The table below shows MSEX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MSEX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MSEX has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 19.68% of graded US stocks.
- MSEX's asset turnover comes in at 0.143 -- ranking 87th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- AVA, AQN, and SJW are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MSEX.
The table below shows MSEX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Middlesex Water Company (MSEX) Company Bio
Middlesex Water Company provides regulated and unregulated water and wastewater utility services in New Jersey, Delaware and Pennsylvania through various subsidiary companies. The company was founded in 1897 and is based in Iselin, New Jersey.
MSEX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MSEX Latest Social Stream
View Full MSEX Social Stream
Latest MSEX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MIDDLESEX WATER CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MSEX as an investment opportunity.
ISELIN, N.J., Nov. 15, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Middlesex Water Company (NASDAQ: MSEX), a leading provider of water, wastewater and related services, announced it was selected the Winner by an independent panel of judges, in the category of Best Compliance and Ethics Program at the 16th Annual Corporate Governance Awards. The Company had been named a finalist and was announced the category winner at a gala ceremony on November 8, hosted by Governance Intelligence, formerly Corporate Secretary. M
Does The Market Have A Low Tolerance For Middlesex Water Company's (NASDAQ:MSEX) Mixed Fundamentals?
Middlesex Water (NASDAQ:MSEX) has had a rough three months with its share price down 24%. We, however decided to study...
ISELIN, N.J., Nov. 09, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Middlesex Water Company (“Middlesex” or the “Company”) (NASDAQ:MSEX) a provider of water and wastewater services, today announced third quarter financial results. Third Quarter ResultsRevenues for the quarter ended September 30, 2023 decreased $1.0 million to $46.7 million, compared to the same period in 2022. Middlesex System revenues decreased $0.2 million due mostly to lower customer demand partially offset by the implementation of the final pha
Bruce E. Patrick Named President of Tidewater Utilities, Inc. Bruce E. Patrick, P.E. Has Been Named President of Tidewater Utilities, a subsidiary of Middlesex Water Company, effective December 1, 2023. DOVER, Del., Nov. 06, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Middlesex Water Company (Middlesex) (NASDAQ: MSEX) has named Bruce E. Patrick, P.E., President of Tidewater Utilities, Inc., (Tidewater) a wholly owned subsidiary of Middlesex Water Company. Tidewater, together with its wholly owned subsidiary, South
ISELIN, N.J., Nov. 01, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Middlesex Water Company (NASDAQ: MSEX), a leading provider of water and wastewater services, is proud to announce that it has been named a finalist for the prestigious Corporate Governance Awards, sponsored by Corporate Secretary, a digital and print platform where corporate governance experts share their experience and best practice recommendations. The Company has been recognized in the category of Best Compliance and Ethics Program. The Corporat
MSEX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|