MSC Industrial Direct Company, Inc. (MSM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MSM POWR Grades
- MSM scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 87.91% of US stocks.
- MSM's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- MSM's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 41.64% of US stocks).
MSM Stock Summary
- MSC INDUSTRIAL DIRECT CO INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 81.4% of US listed stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of MSC INDUSTRIAL DIRECT CO INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 84.62% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, MSM is more volatile than just 4.63% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MSM, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AIT, LZB, KRT, LINC, and SCVL.
- MSM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit MSC INDUSTRIAL DIRECT CO INC's official web site, go to www.mscdirect.com.
MSM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, MSM's price/sales ratio is 33.33% lower, now standing at 1.2.
- MSM's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MSM.
MSM Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 26.02%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 5.23%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 8.94%.
The table below shows MSM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MSM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MSM has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 92.24% of graded US stocks.
- MSM's asset turnover comes in at 1.369 -- ranking 60th of 105 Wholesale stocks.
- CHEF, DLA, and INT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MSM.
The table below shows MSM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MSM Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of MSM, see our MSM price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$100.71||Average Broker Recommendation||1.6 (Moderate Buy)|
MSM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MSM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$80.31||52-week high||$90.04|
|Prev. close||$81.67||52-week low||$71.32|
|Day high||$81.98||Avg. volume||356,582|
|50-day MA||$83.32||Dividend yield||3.92%|
|200-day MA||$80.73||Market Cap||4.49B|
MSC Industrial Direct Company, Inc. (MSM) Company Bio
MSC Industrial Direct is a North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. The company was founded in 1941 and is based in Melville, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
MSM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MSM Latest Social Stream
View Full MSM Social Stream
Latest MSM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MSC INDUSTRIAL DIRECT CO INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MSM as an investment opportunity.
MSC INDUSTRIAL SUPPLY CO. TO WEBCAST REVIEW OF FISCAL 2023 SECOND QUARTER RESULTS
MSC INDUSTRIAL SUPPLY CO. (NYSE: MSM), a premier distributor of Metalworking and Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) products and services to industrial customers throughout North America, today announced that the Company's conference call to review its fiscal 2023 second quarter, as well as its current operations, will be broadcast live over the Internet Tuesday, April 4, 2023 at 8:30 a.m. Eastern Time.
At US$78.24, Is MSC Industrial Direct Co., Inc. (NYSE:MSM) Worth Looking At Closely?
MSC Industrial Direct Co., Inc. ( NYSE:MSM ), might not be a large cap stock, but it saw significant share price...
Sarcos Technology and Robotics Corporation (STRC) Reports Q4 Loss, Tops Revenue Estimates
Sarcos Technology and Robotics Corporation (STRC) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 33.33% and 9.30%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
MSC Industrial Stock Outperforms; Fundamentals Strong
MSC Industrial Direct shows improving price performance, earning an upgrade to its IBD Relative Strength Rating
The 7 Best Investments for Passive Income in 2023
With the latest economic shock stemming from a major bank run, these are the best investments for passive income under the circumstances.
MSM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MSMHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc (MSM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc (MSM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc (MSM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...