MSC Industrial Direct Company, Inc. (MSM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MSM POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where MSM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 93.84% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MSM is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- MSM ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 7th percentile.
MSM Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for MSM is 2.76 -- better than 82.88% of US stocks.
- The volatility of Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc's share price is greater than that of merely 7.08% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for MSM comes in at 12.19% -- higher than that of 82.69% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MSM, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are COLM, HNI, CNXN, INT, and OLLI.
- Visit MSM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.mscdirect.com.
MSM Valuation Summary
- MSM's price/earnings ratio is 23.8; this is 17.36% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, MSM's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 5.3.
- Over the past 243 months, MSM's price/earnings ratio has gone down 4.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MSM.
MSM Growth Metrics
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 30.08%.
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 15.96%.
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at 41.56%.
The table below shows MSM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MSM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MSM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$88.23||52-week high||$96.23|
|Prev. close||$89.17||52-week low||$60.09|
|Day high||$89.84||Avg. volume||402,843|
|50-day MA||$90.25||Dividend yield||3.36%|
|200-day MA||$86.00||Market Cap||4.91B|
MSC Industrial Direct Company, Inc. (MSM) Company Bio
MSC Industrial Direct is a North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. The company was founded in 1941 and is based in Melville, New York.
MSM Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for MSM, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc ranked in the 47th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc, consider:
- MSM's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 31.34% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 15.6. This coverage rate is greater than that of 78.55% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- As a business, Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc experienced a tax rate of about 19% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Industrials), this tax rate is higher than 73.65% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MSM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MSM Latest Social Stream
View Full MSM Social Stream
Latest MSM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MSM as an investment opportunity.
Last year we predicted the arrival of the first US recession since 2009 and we told in advance that the market will decline by at least 20% in (Recession is Imminent: We Need A Travel Ban NOW). In these volatile markets we scrutinize hedge fund filings to get a reading on which direction each stock […]
jetcityimage/iStock Editorial via Getty Images Despite strengthening economic conditions, shorter-cycle industrials haven’t really been performing all that well, and Fastenal (FAST) has been no exception. This industrial distributor did a little better than expected in the second quarter, and continued to show progress on long-term business-building initiatives, but it wasn’t...
alvarez/E+ via Getty Images 2021 has proved to be even more complicated for dividend-hunters than the pandemic-torn 2020. At the moment, investors who are on the lookout for decent and, what is important, safe yields, have not that many options to choose from. To corroborate, as of my estimates, only...
IDG Insider Pro and Computerworld Name MSC Industrial Supply Co. to 2021 List of 100 Best Places to Work in IT for Fifth Consecutive Year
For the fifth consecutive year, IDG's Insider Pro (https://www.idginsiderpro.com) and Computerworld (http://www.computerworld.com) named MSC Industrial Supply Co. (NYSE: MSM) among the Best Places to Work in IT as one of the 100 top organizations that challenge their IT staffs while providing great benefits and compensation. MSC, a premier distributor of Metalworking and Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) supplies and services to industrial customers throughout North America, ranked No. 41
MSC Industrial Direct Company (MSM) reported stronger-than-expected fiscal Q3 results, topping both earnings and sales estimates, driven by a recovery in the manufacturing end markets, as well as overall economic recovery. Shares of the industrial equipment distributor gained 0.7% on July 7 to close at $91.45. The company reported adjusted earnings of $1.42 per share, beating analysts’ expectations of $1.38 per share. Net sales of $866.3 million exceeded the consensus estimate of $847.22 million
MSM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MSMHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc (MSM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc (MSM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc (MSM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch