MSC Industrial Direct Company, Inc. (MSM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MSM POWR Grades
- MSM scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 92.52% of US stocks.
- MSM's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 52 weeks.
- MSM's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 30.54% of US stocks).
MSM Stock Summary
- Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 83.12% of US listed stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 80.95% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, MSM is more volatile than just 9.87% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc are CACI, OLLI, HNI, JBT, and LZB.
- MSM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc's official web site, go to www.mscdirect.com.
MSM Valuation Summary
- MSM's price/sales ratio is 1.5; this is 16.67% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, MSM's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 6.1.
- Over the past 243 months, MSM's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MSM.
MSM Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 30.08%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -5.73%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 41.95%.
The table below shows MSM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MSM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MSM has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 92.24% of graded US stocks.
- MSM's asset turnover comes in at 1.369 -- ranking 60th of 105 Wholesale stocks.
- CHEF, DLA, and INT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MSM.
The table below shows MSM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MSM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MSM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$78.70||52-week high||$96.23|
|Prev. close||$80.94||52-week low||$77.47|
|Day high||$80.95||Avg. volume||367,755|
|50-day MA||$83.31||Dividend yield||3.71%|
|200-day MA||$87.14||Market Cap||4.37B|
MSC Industrial Direct Company, Inc. (MSM) Company Bio
MSC Industrial Direct is a North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. The company was founded in 1941 and is based in Melville, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
MSM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MSM Latest Social Stream
View Full MSM Social Stream
Latest MSM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MSM as an investment opportunity.
MSC INDUSTRIAL SUPPLY CO. (NYSE: MSM), a premier distributor of Metalworking and Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) products and services to industrial customers throughout North America, today announced that the Company's conference call to review its fiscal 2022 first quarter results, as well as its current operations, will be broadcast live over the Internet Wednesday, December 22, 2021 at 8:30 a.m. Eastern Time.
The University Of Tennessee, Knoxville's Machine Tool Research Center, MSC Industrial Supply Co. Announce Partnership To Drive Innovation In Smart Manufacturing
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville (UTK) and MSC Industrial Supply Co. today announced a public-private research partnership aimed at advancing machining across the United States.
Royal Bank of Canada lowered its stake in shares of MSC Industrial Direct Co., Inc. (NYSE:MSM) by 60.5% in the second quarter, according to the company in its most recent Form 13F filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission. The firm owned 77,034 shares of the industrial products companys stock after selling 117,779 shares during 
MSC Industrial Direct Co., Inc. (NYSE:MSM) announced a quarterly dividend on Thursday, October 14th, Zacks reports. Shareholders of record on Tuesday, November 16th will be given a dividend of 0.75 per share by the industrial products company on Tuesday, November 30th. This represents a $3.00 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 3.51%. 
TheStreet upgraded shares of MSC Industrial Direct (NYSE:MSM) from a c+ rating to a b rating in a research report released on Wednesday morning, TheStreetRatingsTable reports. A number of other brokerages have also recently commented on MSM. KeyCorp dropped their price target on shares of MSC Industrial Direct from $102.00 to $91.00 and set an 
MSM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MSMHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc (MSM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc (MSM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc (MSM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch