MSC Industrial Direct Company, Inc. (MSM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MSM POWR Grades
- MSM scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 88.54% of US stocks.
- MSM's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- MSM ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 44th percentile.
MSM Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for MSM is 2.73 -- better than 80.98% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of MSC INDUSTRIAL DIRECT CO INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 83.98% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, MSM is more volatile than only 3.91% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MSM, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AIT, SITE, KFY, COLM, and PDCO.
- Visit MSM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.mscdirect.com.
MSM Valuation Summary
- MSM's price/sales ratio is 1.3; this is 35% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- MSM's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MSM.
MSM Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -6.94%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -57.75%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 58.71%.
The table below shows MSM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MSM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MSM has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 92.24% of graded US stocks.
- MSM's asset turnover comes in at 1.369 -- ranking 60th of 105 Wholesale stocks.
- CHEF, DLA, and INT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MSM.
The table below shows MSM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MSM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MSM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$84.49||52-week high||$87.99|
|Prev. close||$85.65||52-week low||$71.32|
|Day high||$84.97||Avg. volume||394,677|
|50-day MA||$80.22||Dividend yield||3.74%|
|200-day MA||$80.43||Market Cap||4.72B|
MSC Industrial Direct Company, Inc. (MSM) Company Bio
MSC Industrial Direct is a North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. The company was founded in 1941 and is based in Melville, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
MSM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MSM Latest Social Stream
View Full MSM Social Stream
Latest MSM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MSC INDUSTRIAL DIRECT CO INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MSM as an investment opportunity.
MSC Industrial Supply Co. (NYSE: MSM), a premier distributor of Metalworking and Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) products and services to industrial customers throughout North America, today announced that on Dec. 1 its Board of Directors elected Rahquel Purcell to serve as a director, effective immediately.
MSC Industrial (MSM) has an impressive earnings surprise history and currently possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely beat in its next quarterly report.
Investors in MSC Industrial Direct (NYSE:MSM) have made a respectable return of 49% over the past three years
Investors can buy low cost index fund if they want to receive the average market return. But across the board there are...
ClearSign (CLIR) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 25% and 19%, respectively, for the quarter ended September 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Do Its Financials Have Any Role To Play In Driving MSC Industrial Direct Co., Inc.'s (NYSE:MSM) Stock Up Recently?
Most readers would already be aware that MSC Industrial Direct's (NYSE:MSM) stock increased significantly by 6.4% over...
MSM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MSMHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc (MSM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc (MSM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc (MSM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch