MSC Industrial Direct Company, Inc. (MSM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MSM POWR Grades
- MSM scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 91.19% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MSM is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- MSM's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 41.84% of US stocks).
MSM Stock Summary
- MSM's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 250.86 -- higher than 89.83% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Of note is the ratio of Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 83.77% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc's share price is greater than that of only 4.54% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc are BMI, HNI, UVE, LZB, and UFPI.
- Visit MSM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.mscdirect.com.
MSM Valuation Summary
- MSM's price/sales ratio is 1.5; this is 16.67% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, MSM's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 6.1.
- Over the past 243 months, MSM's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MSM.
MSM Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 43.7%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 30.08%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 87.26%.
The table below shows MSM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MSM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MSM has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 92.24% of graded US stocks.
- MSM's asset turnover comes in at 1.369 -- ranking 60th of 105 Wholesale stocks.
- CHEF, DLA, and INT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MSM.
The table below shows MSM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MSM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MSM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$85.06||52-week high||$95.95|
|Prev. close||$81.93||52-week low||$74.20|
|Day high||$85.14||Avg. volume||439,762|
|50-day MA||$82.71||Dividend yield||3.66%|
|200-day MA||$82.70||Market Cap||4.75B|
MSC Industrial Direct Company, Inc. (MSM) Company Bio
MSC Industrial Direct is a North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. The company was founded in 1941 and is based in Melville, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
MSM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MSM Latest Social Stream
View Full MSM Social Stream
Latest MSM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MSM as an investment opportunity.
Deere's (DE) Q1 performance is likely to reflect increased farm equipment demand on higher commodity prices and benefits from a margin-improvement plan.
Sealed Air's (SEE) Q4 performance is likely to reflect solid packaging demand for food, beverage and healthcare products and soaring e-commerce activities.
What trends should we look for it we want to identify stocks that can multiply in value over the long term? Amongst...
In the modern era, machines are omnipresent. And with the demand for these machines, will ultimately come the demand for products aimed at maintaining them, repairing them, and continuing to operate them. It stands to reason that in such a mechanized era, companies dedicated to providing these products and related...
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL, based Investment company Butensky & Cohen Financial Security, Inc (Current Portfolio) buys Atmos Energy Corp, Micron Technology Inc, MSC Industrial Direct Co Inc, Merck Inc, Invesco BulletShares 2030 Corporate Bond ETF, sells Infosys, PPL Corp, Pinnacle West Capital Corp, Invesco BulletShares 2021 Corporate Bond ETF, Sylvamo Corp during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Butensky & Cohen Financial Security, Inc.
MSM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MSMHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc (MSM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc (MSM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc (MSM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch