MSC Industrial Direct Company, Inc. (MSM): Price and Financial Metrics
MSM Stock Summary
- Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 82.13% of US listed stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 83.92% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 7.16%, greater than the shareholder yield of 79.91% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc are SIGI, SCS, LZB, PSN, and FIX.
- Visit MSM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.mscdirect.com.
MSM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MSM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$85.06||52-week high||$88.26|
|Prev. close||$87.04||52-week low||$44.93|
|Day high||$87.09||Avg. volume||446,594|
|50-day MA||$83.84||Dividend yield||3.45%|
|200-day MA||$73.58||Market Cap||4.75B|
MSC Industrial Direct Company, Inc. (MSM) Company Bio
MSC Industrial Direct is a North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. The company was founded in 1941 and is based in Melville, New York.
MSM Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for MSM, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc ranked in the 64th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 64.33% on a DCF basis. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for MSM, they are:
- MSM's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 33.89% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 18.63. This coverage rate is greater than that of 84.8% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Industrials), Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc has a reliance on debt greater than just 24.38% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MSM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MSM Latest Social Stream
View Full MSM Social Stream
Latest MSM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MSM as an investment opportunity.
Shares in industrial maintenance, repair, and operating supply company W.W.Grainger (NYSE: GWW) fell 10.8% in January according to data provided by S&P Global Market Intelligence. The move comes in the context of a difficult month for industrial supply companies, including Fastenal (NASDAQ: FAST) and MSC Industrial Direct (NYSE: MSM). First, Fastenal and MSC Industrial gave results in January (Grainger released results in early February) and their nonsafety/nonpersonal protective equipment (PPE) sales weren't enough to convince investors that they were in recovery mode just yet.
4 Industrial Services Stocks to Watch Amid COVID-19 Crisis
MSC Industrial Direct Co (NYSE:MSM) declared a dividend payable on January 26, 2021 to its shareholders as of December 16, 2020. It was also announced that …
MSC Industrial reported better-than-expected 1Q results on Wednesday sending shares of the MRO (metalworking and maintenance, repair and operations) products distributor up 1.2%. MSC Industrial’s (MSM) 1Q revenues of $771.9 million surpassed analysts’ expectations of $770.2 million. However, quarterly revenues fell 6.3% on a year-over-year basis. Nevertheless, the company registered approximately 20% quarter-on-quarter growth in sales of janitorial and safety products. It also witnessed sequential improvement in sales of non-janitorial and non-safety product lines. (See MSM stock analysis on TipRanks) MSC Industrial’s 1Q adjusted EPS declined 9.1% to $1.10 year-on-year but surpassed the consensus estimate of $1.08.
MSC Industrial Direct (NYSE:MSM) Releases Quarterly Earnings Results, Beats Expectations By $0.02 EPS
MSC Industrial Direct (NYSE:MSM) announced its quarterly earnings data on Tuesday. The industrial products company reported $1.10 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $1.08 by $0.02, MarketWatch Earnings reports. The business had revenue of $771.90 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $771.54 million. MSC Industrial […]
MSM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MSMHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc (MSM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc (MSM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Msc Industrial Direct Co Inc (MSM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!