Meritage Homes Corporation (MTH): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MTH Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$117.05||52-week high||$130.68|
|Prev. close||$119.16||52-week low||$62.51|
|Day high||$118.65||Avg. volume||437,358|
|50-day MA||$120.46||Dividend yield||0.91%|
|200-day MA||$96.81||Market Cap||4.28B|
MTH Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MTH POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where MTH ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.98% of US stocks.
- MTH's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- MTH ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 14th percentile.
MTH Stock Summary
- MERITAGE HOMES CORP's stock had its IPO on December 16, 1988, making it an older stock than 90.21% of US equities in our set.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 4.76, MERITAGE HOMES CORP P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 10.7% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of MERITAGE HOMES CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.44% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to MERITAGE HOMES CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be GRBK, LRN, AYI, KBH, and SHOO.
- MTH's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit MERITAGE HOMES CORP's official web site, go to www.meritagehomes.com.
MTH Valuation Summary
- MTH's price/sales ratio is 0.7; this is 61.11% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 243 months, MTH's price/earnings ratio has gone down 2.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MTH.
MTH Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 58.9%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -140.4%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 94.16%.
The table below shows MTH's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MTH's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MTH has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 42.61% of graded US stocks.
- MTH's asset turnover comes in at 1.205 -- ranking 26th of 51 Construction stocks.
- NVR, PWR, and STRL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MTH.
The table below shows MTH's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MTH Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of MTH, see our MTH price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$131.71||Average Broker Recommendation||1.72 (Moderate Buy)|
Meritage Homes Corporation (MTH) Company Bio
Meritage Homes Corporation designs and builds single-family detached homes in Arizona, California, Colorado, Texas, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee in the United States. The company was founded in 1985 and is based in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Most Popular Stories View All
MTH Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MTH Latest Social Stream
View Full MTH Social Stream
Latest MTH News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MERITAGE HOMES CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MTH as an investment opportunity.
Meritage Homes declares $0.27 dividend
Meritage Homes Announces Quarterly Cash Dividend
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., May 18, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Meritage Homes Corporation (NYSE: MTH), the fifth-largest homebuilder in the U.S., today announced that its Board of Directors has declared a quarterly cash dividend on its common stock of $0.27 per share. This dividend is payable on June 30, 2023 to shareholders of record as of the close of trading on June 15, 2023. About Meritage Homes Corporation Meritage Homes is the fifth-largest public homebuilder in the United States, based on homes clos
Should Value Investors Buy KB Home (KBH) Stock?
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
Is KB Home (KBH) Outperforming Other Construction Stocks This Year?
Here is how KB Home (KBH) and Meritage Homes (MTH) have performed compared to their sector so far this year.
What Makes Meritage Homes (MTH) a Strong Momentum Stock: Buy Now?
Does Meritage Homes (MTH) have what it takes to be a top stock pick for momentum investors? Let's find out.
MTH Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MTHWant to do more research on Meritage Homes CORP's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Meritage Homes CORP (MTH) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Meritage Homes CORP (MTH) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Meritage Homes CORP (MTH) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...