Materion Corporation (MTRN): Price and Financial Metrics
MTRN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$113.05||52-week high||$123.41|
|Prev. close||$116.60||52-week low||$80.43|
|Day high||$116.89||Avg. volume||99,722|
|50-day MA||$104.37||Dividend yield||0.45%|
|200-day MA||$108.11||Market Cap||2.33B|
MTRN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MTRN POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where MTRN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 81.44% of US stocks.
- MTRN's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- MTRN's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 17.75% of US stocks).
MTRN Stock Summary
- MTRN's went public 37.95 years ago, making it older than 93.02% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Over the past twelve months, MTRN has reported earnings growth of 50.57%, putting it ahead of 82.17% of US stocks in our set.
- The volatility of MATERION CORP's share price is greater than that of only 11.28% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to MATERION CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be XRX, DHX, TKNO, SANW, and FNA.
- MTRN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit MATERION CORP's official web site, go to www.materion.com.
MTRN Valuation Summary
- MTRN's price/sales ratio is 1.4; this is 22.22% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- MTRN's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.8 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MTRN.
MTRN Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 558.32%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 33.13%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -51.66%.
The table below shows MTRN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MTRN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MTRN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 32.54% of graded US stocks.
- MTRN's asset turnover comes in at 1.297 -- ranking 2nd of 7 Fabricated Products stocks.
- TRS, NTIC, and PKOH are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MTRN.
The table below shows MTRN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Materion Corporation (MTRN) Company Bio
Materion Inc. supplies highly engineered advanced enabling materials to global markets. Products include precious and non-precious specialty metals, inorganic chemicals and powders, specialty coatings, specialty engineered beryllium alloys, beryllium and beryllium composites, and engineered clad and plated metal systems. The company was founded in 1931 and is based in Mayfield Heights, Ohio.
MTRN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MTRN Latest Social Stream
View Full MTRN Social Stream
Latest MTRN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MATERION CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MTRN as an investment opportunity.
Materion Corporation (NYSE:MTRN) Q3 2023 Earnings Call Transcript November 2, 2023 Operator: Greetings, and welcome to the Materion Third Quarter 2023 Earnings Call. At this time, all participants are on a listen-only mode, and a question-and-answer session will follow the formal presentation. [Operator Instructions] Please note, this conference is being recorded. I will now turn […]
Q3 2023 Materion Corp Earnings Call
Although the revenue and EPS for Materion (MTRN) give a sense of how its business performed in the quarter ended September 2023, it might be worth considering how some key metrics compare with Wall Street estimates and the year-ago numbers.
Net Sales Reach $403.1 Million, Net Income Increases to $1.27 Per Share
MAYFIELD HEIGHTS, Ohio, November 01, 2023--Materion Corporation (NYSE: MTRN) today reported third quarter financial results and affirmed the midpoint of the 2023 earnings guidance.
MTRN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|