Minerals Technologies Inc. (MTX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MTX POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where MTX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 84.33% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MTX is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- MTX ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 22nd percentile.
MTX Stock Summary
- Minerals Technologies Inc's stock had its IPO on October 26, 1992, making it an older stock than 79.33% of US equities in our set.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Minerals Technologies Inc is higher than it is for about 78.32% of US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Minerals Technologies Inc comes in at -7.96%, a number that bests 31% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Minerals Technologies Inc are SWM, EBIX, MWA, IEC, and ITGR.
- MTX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Minerals Technologies Inc's official web site, go to www.mineralstech.com.
MTX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, MTX's price/sales ratio is 10.53% lower, now standing at 1.7.
- MTX's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up $7 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, MTX's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up $7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MTX.
MTX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MTX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$78.44||52-week high||$88.62|
|Prev. close||$78.62||52-week low||$42.06|
|Day high||$78.88||Avg. volume||134,728|
|50-day MA||$81.73||Dividend yield||0.25%|
|200-day MA||$68.39||Market Cap||2.65B|
Minerals Technologies Inc. (MTX) Company Bio
Minerals Technologies develops, produces and markets a broad range of specialty mineral, mineral-based and synthetic mineral products and related systems and services. The company serves the paper, foundry, steel, environmental, energy, polymer and consumer products industries. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in New York, New York.
MTX Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Minerals Technologies Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Minerals Technologies Inc ranked in the 33th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Minerals Technologies Inc ended up being:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.75 years, is -0.03% -- higher than just 19.27% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- Minerals Technologies Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 15.06% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Basic Materials), Minerals Technologies Inc has a reliance on debt greater than 60.16% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MTX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MTX Latest Social Stream
View Full MTX Social Stream
Latest MTX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Minerals Technologies Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MTX as an investment opportunity.
Minerals Technologies Inc. ( NYSE:MTX ), might not be a large cap stock, but it saw a significant share price rise of...
MTX vs. ECL: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
Today we will run through one way of estimating the intrinsic value of Minerals Technologies Inc. ( NYSE:MTX ) by...
These infrastructure stocks could rise up to 41% in a year on Biden’s massive spending plan, analysts say
The president on Wednesday will release details of his "Build Back Better" plan, which includes $2 trillion for infrastructure spending across the country.
NEW YORK, March 04, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Minerals Technologies Inc. (NYSE: MTX) (“MTI” or “the Company”) announced today that Douglas Dietrich, Chief Executive Officer, and Matthew Garth, Chief Financial Officer, will present virtually at the G.research Specialty Chemicals Conference on Thursday, March 11, 2021 at 11:30 a.m. Eastern Time. A live broadcast of the Company's presentation will be available at www.mineralstech.com under “Investor Events” on the Investor Relations page. A replay of the webcast will remain available on MTI’s website following the presentation. About Minerals Technologies Inc.New York-based Minerals Technologies Inc. (MTI) is a global resource- and technology-based company that develops, produces and markets a broad range of specialty mineral, mineral-based...
MTX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MTXHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Minerals Technologies Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch