Minerals Technologies Inc. (MTX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MTX POWR Grades
- MTX scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 83.8% of US stocks.
- MTX's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 48 weeks.
- MTX's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 21.42% of US stocks).
MTX Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 82.08, Minerals Technologies Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 73.92% of US stocks.
- Minerals Technologies Inc's stock had its IPO on October 26, 1992, making it an older stock than 79% of US equities in our set.
- For MTX, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 79.07% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MTX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SWM, ESI, IART, EPC, and CNMD.
- Visit MTX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.mineralstech.com.
MTX Valuation Summary
- MTX's price/sales ratio is 1.5; this is 34.78% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, MTX's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 0.1.
- MTX's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MTX.
MTX Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 24.02%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -3.99%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -28.5%.
The table below shows MTX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MTX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MTX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 82.82% of graded US stocks.
- MTX's asset turnover comes in at 0.536 -- ranking 53rd of 90 Chemicals stocks.
- AXTA, PPG, and ALB are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MTX.
The table below shows MTX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MTX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MTX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$69.95||52-week high||$88.62|
|Prev. close||$70.44||52-week low||$47.50|
|Day high||$70.71||Avg. volume||129,333|
|50-day MA||$76.52||Dividend yield||0.29%|
|200-day MA||$74.97||Market Cap||2.35B|
Minerals Technologies Inc. (MTX) Company Bio
Minerals Technologies develops, produces and markets a broad range of specialty mineral, mineral-based and synthetic mineral products and related systems and services. The company serves the paper, foundry, steel, environmental, energy, polymer and consumer products industries. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in New York, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
MTX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MTX Latest Social Stream
View Full MTX Social Stream
Latest MTX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Minerals Technologies Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MTX as an investment opportunity.
Is The Market Rewarding Minerals Technologies Inc. (NYSE:MTX) With A Negative Sentiment As A Result Of Its Mixed Fundamentals?
Minerals Technologies (NYSE:MTX) has had a rough three months with its share price down 8.6%. It is possible that the...
Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): Price Up $0.44 (0.56)% Over Past Day, Up $0.7 (0.9)% Over Past Hour
Regarding the trend, note that the strongest trend exists on the 50 day timeframe. The post Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): Price Up $0.44 (0.56)% Over Past Day, Up $0.7 (0.9)% Over Past Hour appeared first on ETF Daily News .
Global Talc Market Outlook to 2026 Featuring Imerys, IMI Fabi SpA, Minerals Technologies Inc., Haicheng Xinda Mining, and Golcha Group - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Talc Market Outlook to 2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com''s offering. Global market is expected to witness a moderate growth rate during the forecast period. The major factors driving the growth of the global talc market include increasing demand from the paints and coatings industry coupled with the plastics and rubber industry among other applications. However, the availability of substitutes of talc and awareness related to the carcinog
MTX earnings call for the period ending June 30, 2021.
Minerals Technologies (MTX) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 3.20% and -1.31%, respectively, for the quarter ended June 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
MTX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MTXHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Minerals Technologies Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch