Minerals Technologies Inc. (MTX): Price and Financial Metrics
MTX Stock Summary
- MTX's went public 27.32 years ago, making it older than 78.24% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -10.2%, Minerals Technologies Inc's debt growth rate surpasses merely 20.25% of about US stocks.
- The volatility of Minerals Technologies Inc's share price is greater than that of only 19.35% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Minerals Technologies Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be SWM, FLWS, NVT, NGVT, and UUU.
- Visit MTX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.mineralstech.com.
MTX Stock Price Chart More Charts
MTX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$55.44||52-week high||$63.75|
|Prev. close||$56.41||52-week low||$45.26|
|Day high||$56.58||Avg. volume||130,645|
|50-day MA||$56.43||Dividend yield||0.36%|
|200-day MA||$53.92||Market Cap||1.93B|
Minerals Technologies Inc. (MTX) Company Bio
Minerals Technologies develops, produces and markets a broad range of specialty mineral, mineral-based and synthetic mineral products and related systems and services. The company serves the paper, foundry, steel, environmental, energy, polymer and consumer products industries. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in New York, New York.
MTX Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Minerals Technologies Inc. To summarize, we found that Minerals Technologies Inc ranked in the 64st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Minerals Technologies Inc ended up being:
- As a business, MTX is generating more cash flow than 50.37% of positive cash flow stocks in the Basic Materials.
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 33% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately 63.31% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- Minerals Technologies Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 11.75% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|