Minerals Technologies Inc. (MTX): Price and Financial Metrics
MTX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$53.67||52-week high||$73.57|
|Prev. close||$54.76||52-week low||$49.71|
|Day high||$54.71||Avg. volume||158,371|
|50-day MA||$57.57||Dividend yield||0.36%|
|200-day MA||$59.16||Market Cap||1.75B|
MTX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MTX POWR Grades
- MTX scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 88.96% of US stocks.
- MTX's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- MTX's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 33.94% of US stocks).
MTX Stock Summary
- MTX's went public 30.94 years ago, making it older than 80.63% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for MINERALS TECHNOLOGIES INC is higher than it is for about 77.92% of US stocks.
- The volatility of MINERALS TECHNOLOGIES INC's share price is greater than that of merely 11.74% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to MINERALS TECHNOLOGIES INC, a group of peers worth examining would be HAYW, AXTA, PRGO, CMCO, and NXTP.
- Visit MTX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.mineralstech.com.
MTX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, MTX's price/sales ratio is 30.77% lower, now standing at 0.9.
- Over the past 243 months, MTX's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MTX.
MTX Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 19.38%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -45.47%.
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 48.28%.
The table below shows MTX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MTX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MTX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 84.51% of graded US stocks.
- MTX's asset turnover comes in at 0.536 -- ranking 55th of 89 Chemicals stocks.
- HXL, APD, and IOSP are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MTX.
The table below shows MTX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Minerals Technologies Inc. (MTX) Company Bio
Minerals Technologies develops, produces and markets a broad range of specialty mineral, mineral-based and synthetic mineral products and related systems and services. The company serves the paper, foundry, steel, environmental, energy, polymer and consumer products industries. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in New York, New York.
MTX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MTX Latest Social Stream
View Full MTX Social Stream
Latest MTX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MINERALS TECHNOLOGIES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MTX as an investment opportunity.
RYE, N.Y., Sept. 18, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Gabelli Funds is hosting a PFAS Symposium on Thursday, September 28, 2023 at the Harvard Club in New York City and virtually on Zoom. This event will focus on issues surrounding PFAS uses, replacements, and remediation. It will feature presentations from leading companies in waste and disposal services, water utilities, testing, and remediation. In-person attendees will also have the opportunity to meet with management in a one-on-one setting. PFAS (
NEW YORK, Aug. 24, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Minerals Technologies Inc. (NYSE: MTX) (“MTI,” or “the Company”) today announced that Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Douglas T. Dietrich, Chief Financial Officer Erik Aldag, and Vice President of Investor Relations Lydia Kopylova will attend the Jefferies Industrials Conference in New York City on September 7, 2023. Mr. Dietrich will present an overview of the Company highlighting its strategic priorities, unique positioning in the Specialty Chem
Thursday, September 28, 2023RYE, N.Y., Aug. 16, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Gabelli Funds is hosting a PFAS Symposium on Thursday, September 28, 2023 at the Harvard Club in New York City. This event will focus on issues surrounding PFAS uses, replacements, and remediation. It will feature presentations from leading companies in waste and disposal services, water utilities, testing, and remediation. Attendees will also have the opportunity to meet with management in a one-on-one setting. PFAS (Per/P
While Minerals Technologies Inc. ( NYSE:MTX ) might not be the most widely known stock at the moment, it saw a decent...
Minerals Technologies Inc. (NYSE:MTX) Q2 2023 Earnings Call Transcript July 28, 2023 Operator: Good day, everyone, and welcome to the Second Quarter 2023 Minerals Technologies Earnings Call. Today’s call is being recorded. At this time, I would like to turn the call over to Lydia Kopylova, Head of Investor Relations for Minerals Technologies. Please go […]
MTX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MTXHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Minerals Technologies Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch