Minerals Technologies Inc. (MTX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MTX POWR Grades
- MTX scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 69.8% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MTX is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- MTX ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 24th percentile.
MTX Stock Summary
- MTX's went public 30.44 years ago, making it older than 81.72% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for MINERALS TECHNOLOGIES INC is higher than it is for about 79.82% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, MTX is more volatile than just 19.49% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to MINERALS TECHNOLOGIES INC, a group of peers worth examining would be HAYW, CMCO, PRGO, AXTA, and ASUR.
- MTX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit MINERALS TECHNOLOGIES INC's official web site, go to www.mineralstech.com.
MTX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, MTX's price/sales ratio is 25% lower, now standing at 0.9.
- Over the past 243 months, MTX's price/earnings ratio has gone up 0.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MTX.
MTX Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 19.38%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -45.47%.
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 48.28%.
The table below shows MTX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MTX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MTX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 84.51% of graded US stocks.
- MTX's asset turnover comes in at 0.536 -- ranking 55th of 89 Chemicals stocks.
- HXL, APD, and IOSP are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MTX.
The table below shows MTX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MTX Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of MTX, see our MTX price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$94.25||Average Broker Recommendation||1.5 (Moderate Buy)|
MTX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MTX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$59.17||52-week high||$73.57|
|Prev. close||$58.69||52-week low||$49.38|
|Day high||$59.17||Avg. volume||150,168|
|50-day MA||$61.79||Dividend yield||0.35%|
|200-day MA||$59.91||Market Cap||1.93B|
Minerals Technologies Inc. (MTX) Company Bio
Minerals Technologies develops, produces and markets a broad range of specialty mineral, mineral-based and synthetic mineral products and related systems and services. The company serves the paper, foundry, steel, environmental, energy, polymer and consumer products industries. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in New York, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
MTX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MTX Latest Social Stream
View Full MTX Social Stream
Latest MTX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MINERALS TECHNOLOGIES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MTX as an investment opportunity.
Minerals Technologies to Host Analyst and Investor Day on May 24, 2023
NEW YORK, March 29, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Minerals Technologies Inc. (NYSE: MTX), a leading technology-driven specialty minerals company will host an Investor Day on Wednesday, May 24, at 8:30 a.m. EST at the New York Stock Exchange. The webcast portion of this event will conclude at 11:30 a.m. EST. “Minerals Technologies has transformed over the past five years into a more balanced portfolio of businesses poised for long-term sustainable growth. Our 2023 Investor Day will provide details on
Sidoti's Small-Cap Virtual March Conference
Sidoti & Company, LLC has released the presentation schedule and weblinks for its two-day March Small-Cap Conference taking place Wednesday and Thursday, March 22-23, 2023.
12 Small-Cap Stocks With Insider Buying
In this article, we discuss 12 small-cap stocks with insider buying. If you want to see more stocks in this selection, check out 5 Small-Cap Stocks With Insider Buying. Insider buying refers to a company’s officers, directors, or major shareholders purchasing shares of their own company’s stock. Insider purchases can send a positive signal to […]
Is It Too Late To Consider Buying Minerals Technologies Inc. (NYSE:MTX)?
Minerals Technologies Inc. ( NYSE:MTX ), might not be a large cap stock, but it received a lot of attention from a...
Minerals Technologies Inc. (NYSE:MTX) Q4 2022 Earnings Call Transcript
Minerals Technologies Inc. (NYSE:MTX) Q4 2022 Earnings Call Transcript February 3, 2023 Operator: Good day, everyone, and welcome to the Fourth Quarter 2022 Minerals Technologies Earnings Call. Today’s call is being recorded. At this time, I’d like to turn the call over to Lydia Kopylova, Head of Investor Relations for Minerals Technologies. Please go ahead, […]
MTX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MTXHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Minerals Technologies Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...