Minerals Technologies Inc. (MTX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MTX POWR Grades
- MTX scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 71.81% of US stocks.
- MTX's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- MTX ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 32nd percentile.
MTX Stock Summary
- MTX's went public 30.12 years ago, making it older than 81.76% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for MINERALS TECHNOLOGIES INC is higher than it is for about 80.35% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, MTX is more volatile than just 20.52% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to MINERALS TECHNOLOGIES INC, a group of peers worth examining would be CMCO, LXFR, TWI, HAYW, and REZI.
- Visit MTX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.mineralstech.com.
MTX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, MTX's EV/EBIT ratio is 31.91% higher, now standing at 12.4.
- MTX's price/earnings ratio has moved down 2.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MTX.
MTX Growth Metrics
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 18.09%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -23.55%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 6.11%.
The table below shows MTX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MTX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MTX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 84.51% of graded US stocks.
- MTX's asset turnover comes in at 0.536 -- ranking 55th of 89 Chemicals stocks.
- HXL, APD, and IOSP are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MTX.
The table below shows MTX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MTX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MTX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$61.54||52-week high||$75.65|
|Prev. close||$60.29||52-week low||$49.38|
|Day high||$62.08||Avg. volume||180,621|
|50-day MA||$54.40||Dividend yield||0.33%|
|200-day MA||$61.48||Market Cap||2.00B|
Minerals Technologies Inc. (MTX) Company Bio
Minerals Technologies develops, produces and markets a broad range of specialty mineral, mineral-based and synthetic mineral products and related systems and services. The company serves the paper, foundry, steel, environmental, energy, polymer and consumer products industries. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in New York, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
MTX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MTX Latest Social Stream
View Full MTX Social Stream
Latest MTX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MINERALS TECHNOLOGIES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MTX as an investment opportunity.
There are a few key trends to look for if we want to identify the next multi-bagger. One common approach is to try and...
NEW YORK, Nov. 14, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Minerals Technologies Inc. (NYSE:MTX) (“MTI” or “the Company”) announced today that Erik Aldag, Director, Investor Relations, Financial Planning & Analysis, has been promoted to Senior Vice President, Finance and Treasury, and Chief Financial Officer succeeding Matthew Garth, who is leaving MTI to pursue another opportunity. Mr. Aldag joined MTI in 2017 as Director, Financial Planning & Analysis and assumed the additional responsibility for Investor Re
MARYSVILLE, Ohio, Nov. 14, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (NYSE: SMG), the world’s largest marketer of branded consumer lawn and garden products as well as indoor and hydroponic growing products, announced today that Matthew Garth has been named executive vice president and chief financial officer, effective December 1, 2022. Garth brings more than 25 years of financial experience to ScottsMiracle-Gro, having led a full complement of functions in both corporate and opera
The one-year shareholder returns and company earnings persist lower as Minerals Technologies (NYSE:MTX) stock falls a further 7.3% in past week
The simplest way to benefit from a rising market is to buy an index fund. When you buy individual stocks, you can make...
Minerals Technologies (MTX) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -2.17% and 2.01%, respectively, for the quarter ended September 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
MTX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MTXHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Minerals Technologies Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch