Murphy USA Inc. (MUSA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MUSA POWR Grades
- MUSA scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 82.12% of US stocks.
- MUSA's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- MUSA's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 17.42% of US stocks).
MUSA Stock Summary
- Murphy USA Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 98.06% of US listed stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.33, Murphy USA Inc has a higher such ratio than just 5.19% of stocks in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, MUSA is more volatile than merely 3.72% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Murphy USA Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be GLP, UGP, PRAA, MDU, and REYN.
- MUSA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Murphy USA Inc's official web site, go to www.murphyusa.com.
MUSA Valuation Summary
- MUSA's EV/EBIT ratio is 10.9; this is 41.71% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 96 months, MUSA's price/earnings ratio has gone down 10.8.
- MUSA's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.2 over the prior 96 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MUSA.
MUSA Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 59.22%.
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at 59.38%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 63.55%.
The table below shows MUSA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MUSA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MUSA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$143.74||52-week high||$159.00|
|Prev. close||$140.69||52-week low||$117.08|
|Day high||$144.06||Avg. volume||284,544|
|50-day MA||$136.53||Dividend yield||0.7%|
|200-day MA||$132.60||Market Cap||3.87B|
Murphy USA Inc. (MUSA) Company Bio
Murphy USA Inc. operates a chain of retail stations offering motor fuel products and convenience merchandise. The company was founded in 2013 and is based in El Dorado, Arkansas.
MUSA Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for MUSA, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Murphy USA Inc ranked in the 83th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 408.5%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for MUSA, they are:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.73 years comes in at 0.39%; that's greater than 75.05% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- As a business, MUSA is generating more cash flow than 70.21% of positive cash flow stocks in the Consumer Cyclical.
- Murphy USA Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 5.46% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MUSA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MUSA Latest Social Stream
View Full MUSA Social Stream
Latest MUSA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Murphy USA Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MUSA as an investment opportunity.
Murphy USA (MUSA) possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
With the first-quarter round of 13F filings behind us it is time to take a look at the stocks in which some of the best money managers in the world preferred to invest or sell heading into the second quarter of 2021. One of these stocks was Murphy USA Inc. (NYSE:MUSA). Is Murphy USA Inc. […]
Murphy USA (MUSA) has been upgraded to a Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy), reflecting growing optimism about the company's earnings prospects. This might drive the stock higher in the near term.
EL DORADO, Ark.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Murphy USA Schedules Second Quarter 2021 Results Conference Call
Many investors are still learning about the various metrics that can be useful when analysing a stock. This article is...
MUSA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|