Murphy USA Inc. (MUSA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MUSA POWR Grades
- MUSA scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 83.5% of US stocks.
- MUSA's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 206 days.
- MUSA's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 16.65% of US stocks).
MUSA Stock Summary
- Murphy USA Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 98.02% of US listed stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.32, Murphy USA Inc has a higher such ratio than only 5.46% of stocks in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, MUSA is more volatile than just 3.22% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Murphy USA Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be HSC, GLP, UGP, PRAA, and ATGFF.
- Visit MUSA's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.murphyusa.com.
MUSA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MUSA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$144.53||52-week high||$159.00|
|Prev. close||$141.32||52-week low||$105.43|
|Day high||$144.70||Avg. volume||306,856|
|50-day MA||$139.80||Dividend yield||0.71%|
|200-day MA||$132.62||Market Cap||3.89B|
Murphy USA Inc. (MUSA) Company Bio
Murphy USA Inc. operates a chain of retail stations offering motor fuel products and convenience merchandise. The company was founded in 2013 and is based in El Dorado, Arkansas.
MUSA Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for MUSA, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Murphy USA Inc ranked in the 83th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 411.5%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Murphy USA Inc ended up being:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 8.86 -- which is good for besting 72.38% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Consumer Cyclical sector with positive cash flow).
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.73 years comes in at 0.39%; that's greater than 74.95% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Murphy USA Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than merely 3.84% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MUSA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MUSA Latest Social Stream
View Full MUSA Social Stream
Latest MUSA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Murphy USA Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MUSA as an investment opportunity.
Murphy USA (MUSA) opened one new retail location and added 156 stores related to the QuickChek acquisition in the quarter to take its store count to 1,660.
Joining me on the call today are Andrew Clyde, president and chief executive officer; Mindy West, executive vice president and chief financial officer; and Donnie Smith, vice president and controller. After some opening comments from Andrew, Mindy will provide an overview of the financial results and recent financing activity, and then we'll open up the call to Q&A. For further discussion of risk factors, please see the latest Murphy USA Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, and other recent SEC filings.
Jefferies Stick to Their Hold Rating for Murphy USA Inc
The Meaning Behind Value Stocks A value stock traditionally has a lower price when compared to stock prices of companies in the same industry. This indicates that the company may be undervalued, as investors are not expressing as much interest in such companies. The most commonly used way to check for value is with the price-to-earnings multiple, or P/E. A low P/E multiple is a good indication that the stock is undervalued. Benzinga Insights has compiled a list of value stocks in the consumer cyclical sector that may be worth watching: XpresSpa Group (NASDAQ:XSPA) - P/E: 0.46 Companhia Brasileira (NYSE:CBD) - P/E: 5.41 Qurate Retail (NASDAQ:QRTEA) - P/E: 4.31 Meritage Homes (NYSE:MTH) - P/E: 8.01 Murphy USA (NYSE:MUSA) - P/E: 9.61 XpresSpa Group has reported Q3 earnings per share at -0....
Today we will run through one way of estimating the intrinsic value of Murphy USA Inc. ( NYSE:MUSA ) by estimating the...
MUSA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|