Murphy USA Inc. (MUSA): Price and Financial Metrics
MUSA Stock Summary
- Murphy USA Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 97.8% of US listed stocks.
- MUSA's price/sales ratio is 0.3; that's higher than the P/S ratio of just 5.48% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, MUSA is more volatile than only 7.65% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Murphy USA Inc are ULH, KBR, VEON, CNR, and GLP.
- MUSA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Murphy USA Inc's official web site, go to www.murphyusa.com.
MUSA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MUSA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$124.65||52-week high||$144.09|
|Prev. close||$124.89||52-week low||$78.75|
|Day high||$127.70||Avg. volume||295,326|
|50-day MA||$127.44||Dividend yield||0.8%|
|200-day MA||$126.71||Market Cap||3.40B|
Murphy USA Inc. (MUSA) Company Bio
Murphy USA Inc. operates a chain of retail stations offering motor fuel products and convenience merchandise. The company was founded in 2013 and is based in El Dorado, Arkansas.
MUSA Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Murphy USA Inc. To summarize, we found that Murphy USA Inc ranked in the 72th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 157%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Murphy USA Inc, consider:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 10.94; that's higher than 78.01% of US stocks in the Consumer Cyclical sector that have positive free cash flow.
- Murphy USA Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than merely 14.39% of tickers in our DCF set.
- MUSA's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than merely 14.39% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MUSA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MUSA Latest Social Stream
View Full MUSA Social Stream
Latest MUSA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Murphy USA Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MUSA as an investment opportunity.
EL DORADO, Ark., Feb. 11, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Board of Directors of Murphy USA Inc. (NYSE: MUSA) today declared a quarterly cash dividend on the Common Stock of Murphy USA Inc. of $0.25 per share, or $1.00 per share on an annualized basis. The dividend is payable on March 4, 2021, to stockholders of record as of February 22, 2021. About Murphy USAMurphy USA (NYSE: MUSA) is a leading retailer of gasoline and convenience merchandise with more than 1,650 stations located primarily in the Southwest, Southeast, Midwest, and Northeast United States. The company and its team of nearly 15,000 employees serve an estimated 2.0 million customers each day through its network of retail gasoline and convenience stations in 27 states. The majority of Murphy USA's sites are located in close pr...
What is a Value Stock? A value stock is traditionally defined in terms of how investors in the marketplace are valuing that company's future growth prospects. Low P/E multiples are good base indicators that the company is undervalued and can most likely be labelled as a value stock. The following stocks are considered to be notable value stocks in the consumer cyclical sector: Murphy USA (NYSE:MUSA) - P/E: 9.85 M/I Homes (NYSE:MHO) - P/E: 6.81 Cannae Holdings (NYSE:CNNE) - P/E: 2.57 Big 5 Sporting Goods (NASDAQ:BGFV) - P/E: 9.19 Fuwei Films (Holdings) Co (NASDAQ:FFHL) - P/E: 4.7 Most recently, Murphy USA reported earnings per share at 2.16, whereas in Q3 earnings per share sat at 2.27. Murphy USA does not have a dividend yield, which investors should be aware of when considering holding...
Murphy USA Inc. ( NYSE:MUSA ) shareholders will have a reason to smile today, with the analysts making substantial...
Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for standing by, and welcome to the Murphy USA fourth-quarter 2020 earnings conference call. With me, as usual, are Andrew Clyde, president and chief executive officer; Mindy West, executive vice president and chief financial officer; and Donnie Smith, vice president and controller. After some opening comments from Andrew, Mindy will provide an overview of the financial results.
Jefferies Stick to Their Hold Rating for Murphy USA Inc
MUSA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MUSAWant to see what other sources are saying about Murphy USA Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!