MaxLinear, Inc. (MXL): Price and Financial Metrics
MXL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$21.87||52-week high||$43.66|
|Prev. close||$21.58||52-week low||$21.17|
|Day high||$22.14||Avg. volume||881,220|
|50-day MA||$24.53||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$30.71||Market Cap||1.77B|
MXL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MXL POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where MXL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.75% of US stocks.
- MXL's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- MXL's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 1.19% of US stocks).
MXL Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of MAXLINEAR INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 15.62% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -44.3%, MAXLINEAR INC's debt growth rate surpasses just 6.53% of about US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for MXL comes in at 6.87% -- higher than that of 75.63% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MXL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are DCPH, SWKS, ADVM, EFTR, and MTNB.
- MXL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit MAXLINEAR INC's official web site, go to www.maxlinear.com.
MXL Valuation Summary
- MXL's price/sales ratio is 1.7; this is 34.62% lower than that of the median Technology stock.
- Over the past 164 months, MXL's price/earnings ratio has gone down 835.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MXL.
MXL Growth Metrics
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at -35.53%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 221.47%.
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 318.11%.
The table below shows MXL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MXL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MXL has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 62.76% of graded US stocks.
- MXL's asset turnover comes in at 0.818 -- ranking 78th of 208 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- SUNW, ALPP, and LEDS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MXL.
The table below shows MXL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MaxLinear, Inc. (MXL) Company Bio
MaxLinear Inc. provides integrated, radio-frequency (RF) and mixed-signal circuits for broadband communication and data center, metro, and long-haul transport network applications worldwide. The company was founded in 2003 and is based in Carlsbad, California.
MXL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MXL Latest Social Stream
View Full MXL Social Stream
Latest MXL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MAXLINEAR INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MXL as an investment opportunity.
An In-depth Analysis of MaxLinear's Valuation, Financial Strength, Profitability, and Growth
While many mega-cap chip stocks start plateauing, these overlooked chip stocks are just starting to embark on their own rallies.
Taiwan-based Silicon Motion on Wednesday blamed MaxLinear for breaching their merger agreement and said it would seek damages in excess of the termination fee from the U.S. company. MaxLinear scrapped a nearly $4 billion cash-and-stock deal in July to acquire memory-controller maker Silicon Motion. MaxLinear may be required to pay Silicon Motion a termination fee of $160 million, according to the agreement in May last year.
CARLSBAD, Calif., August 16, 2023--MaxLinear, Inc. (Nasdaq: MXL), a leading provider of radio frequency (RF), analog, digital and mixed-signal integrated circuits, commented on the recent announcement from Silicon Motion (Nasdaq: SIMO) regarding MaxLinear’s July 26, 2023 termination of the parties’ merger agreement (the "Merger Agreement" or "Agreement").
MaxLinear scrapped a nearly $4 billion cash-and-stock deal in July to acquire memory-controller maker Silicon Motion. MaxLinear may be required to pay Silicon Motion a termination fee of $160 million, according to the agreement in May last year.
MXL Price Returns