Netflix Inc. (NFLX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NFLX POWR Grades
- NFLX scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 77.77% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NFLX is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- NFLX ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 9th percentile.
NFLX Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $104,701,484,345, NETFLIX INC has a greater market value than 98.29% of US stocks.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for NETFLIX INC is higher than 97.93% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- The volatility of NETFLIX INC's share price is greater than that of 89.38% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to NETFLIX INC, a group of peers worth examining would be RTX, PYPL, DE, SNY, and IBM.
- Visit NFLX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.netflix.com.
NFLX Valuation Summary
- NFLX's price/sales ratio is 3.4; this is 385.71% higher than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 243 months, NFLX's price/sales ratio has gone up 2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NFLX.
NFLX Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 251.05%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -81.72%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -57.11%.
The table below shows NFLX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NFLX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NFLX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 79.64% of graded US stocks.
- NFLX's asset turnover comes in at 0.702 -- ranking 7th of 44 Entertainment stocks.
- AESE, WMG, and EVRI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NFLX.
The table below shows NFLX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NFLX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NFLX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$236.73||52-week high||$700.99|
|Prev. close||$240.74||52-week low||$162.71|
|Day high||$241.59||Avg. volume||10,730,161|
|50-day MA||$232.56||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$299.83||Market Cap||105.28B|
Netflix Inc. (NFLX) Company Bio
Netflix Inc. is a global streaming entertainment service provider with over 200 million paid members in over 190 countries offering TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Netflix was originally established as an online DVD rental service in 1997, offering members unlimited DVD rentals without due dates, late fees, or monthly rental limits. Netflix has since shifted to an online streaming service where subscribers can watch as much commercial-free content as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen for a fixed monthly subscription fee.
Most Popular Stories View All
NFLX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NFLX Latest Social Stream
View Full NFLX Social Stream
Latest NFLX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NETFLIX INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NFLX as an investment opportunity.
(Note: This article was in the newsletter Friday September 30, 2022.)
The market was not really happy with the second quarter results of Warner Bros. Discovery (NASDAQ:WBD). But as management noted, with an acquisition of this size, results do not happen in a quarter.
Here are the most active equity options for midday.
While the underlying tech-centric exchange has suffered disproportionately, bold contrarians may consider these Nasdaq sleeper stocks to buy.
Investment management company River Oak Capital recently released its first half 2022 investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. In the first half of 2022, the fund’s book value per share decreased by 40.9%, and the investment return reduced by -39.8%. The compounded annual change in the book value is 10.9%, and the compounded […]
A big earnings report and some high-profile platform releases can help turn around a stock that has fallen sharply since peaking late last year.
NFLX Price Returns