Netflix Inc. (NFLX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NFLX POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where NFLX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 78.44% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NFLX is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 52 weeks.
- NFLX's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 16.63% of US stocks).
NFLX Stock Summary
- NFLX has a market capitalization of $296,122,400,733 -- more than approximately 99.48% of US stocks.
- NFLX's current price/earnings ratio is 58.63, which is higher than 84.68% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Netflix Inc is higher than 99.26% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Netflix Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be ADBE, ORCL, CSCO, CRM, and PFE.
- Visit NFLX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.netflix.com.
NFLX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, NFLX's price/sales ratio is 542.86% higher, now standing at 9.
- Over the past 235 months, NFLX's price/sales ratio has gone up 5.1.
- NFLX's price/sales ratio has moved up 5.1 over the prior 235 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NFLX.
NFLX Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 359.52%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 184.74%.
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 231%.
The table below shows NFLX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NFLX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NFLX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 79.11% of graded US stocks.
- NFLX's asset turnover comes in at 0.694 -- ranking 8th of 43 Entertainment stocks.
- AESE, EVRI, and WMG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NFLX.
The table below shows NFLX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NFLX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NFLX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$662.92||52-week high||$676.49|
|Prev. close||$668.52||52-week low||$463.41|
|Day high||$671.41||Avg. volume||4,132,370|
|50-day MA||$600.80||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$541.73||Market Cap||293.64B|
Netflix Inc. (NFLX) Company Bio
Netflix Inc. is a global streaming entertainment service provider with over 200 million paid members in over 190 countries offering TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Netflix was originally established as an online DVD rental service in 1997, offering members unlimited DVD rentals without due dates, late fees, or monthly rental limits. Netflix has since shifted to an online streaming service where subscribers can watch as much commercial-free content as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen for a fixed monthly subscription fee.
Most Popular Stories View All
NFLX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NFLX Latest Social Stream
View Full NFLX Social Stream
Latest NFLX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Netflix Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NFLX as an investment opportunity.
Facebook is putting up some of the most impressive growth numbers in the market, yet FB stock trades at a steep valuation discount to peers.
Comedian Dave Chappelle on Monday addressed the transgender controversy at Netflix https://www.reuters.com/business/media-telecom/netflix-workers-stage-walk-out-over-chappelle-transgender-comments-2021-10-20 in full for the first time on a video on his Instagram account, five days after about 100 people protested near the streaming company’s headquarters. The employee backlash began after Netflix Inc decided to release Chappelle’s new comedy special, "The Closer," which critics say ridicules transgender people. “It’s been said in the press that I was invited to speak to transgender employees at Netflix and I refused,” Chappelle said in the video.
(Bloomberg) -- Netflix Inc.’s long-term credit rating was upgraded two notches to blue chip status by S&P Global Ratings.Most Read from BloombergCities' Answer to Sprawl? Go Wild.Hamburg Is at the Heart of Germany’s Growing Dilemma Over ChinaWhy Americans and Britons Are Rushing to Buy Idyllic Homes in ItalyOne of California’s Wealthiest Counties Could Run Out of Water Next SummerThe Top Money Maker at Deutsche Bank Reaps Billions From SingaporeThe streaming service is now rated ‘BBB’ by S&P, th
In this article, we discuss the 10 stocks to consider in the portfolio of Mark Cuban. You can skip our comprehensive analysis of Mark Cuban’s history investment philosophy, and hedge fund performance, and go directly to Mark Cuban Stock Portfolio: 5 Stocks To Consider. Mark Cuban is an angel investor and billionaire who first rose […]
Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) plans to spend $17 billion in cash on content production and licensing this year, but it could be just getting started. When asked if Netflix could double or triple its content spending during the company's third-quarter earnings call, CEO Reed Hastings replied, "You're definitely thinking too small." Netflix expects to play a bigger and bigger role in people's entertainment choices for years to come.
NFLX Price Returns