New Gold Inc. (NGD): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NGD POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where NGD ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 91.28% of US stocks.
- NGD's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- NGD ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 21st percentile.
NGD Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of New Gold Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 6.92% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -53.98%, New Gold Inc's debt growth rate surpasses only 7.31% of about US stocks.
- New Gold Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 27.88%, greater than the shareholder yield of 91.12% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to New Gold Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be PXS, X, CRK, ELP, and SBS.
- Visit NGD's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.newgold.com.
NGD Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, NGD's price/earnings ratio is 234.93% lower, now standing at -30.9.
- Over the past 203 months, NGD's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 248.5.
- Over the past 203 months, NGD's price/sales ratio has gone down 714.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NGD.
NGD Growth Metrics
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at -13.82%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 59.39%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -55.65%.
The table below shows NGD's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NGD Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NGD Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$1.53||52-week high||$2.40|
|Prev. close||$1.55||52-week low||$1.40|
|Day high||$1.58||Avg. volume||6,429,127|
|50-day MA||$1.89||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$1.89||Market Cap||1.04B|
New Gold Inc. (NGD) Company Bio
New Gold Inc. engages in the acquisition, exploration, development, and operation of mineral properties in Canada, United States, Australia, Mexico, and Chile. The company was founded in 1980 and is based in Vancouver, Canada.
NGD Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for New Gold Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that New Gold Inc ranked in the 10th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 93.5%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of New Gold Inc, consider:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 0.56 -- which is good for besting merely 19.19% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Basic Materials sector with positive cash flow).
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 2.52 years, is -0.05% -- higher than just 16.5% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
NGD Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NGD Latest Social Stream
View Full NGD Social Stream
Latest NGD News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about New Gold Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NGD as an investment opportunity.
Moussa81/iStock via Getty Images Investment Thesis Canada-based New Gold Inc. (NYSE: NGD) released its second quarter of 2021 production results on July 15, 2021. Overall it was a good production quarter, as we will see in detail below. Also, the company indicated: During the quarter, the Company announced that the...
New Gold Inc. ("New Gold" or the "Company") (TSX: NGD) and (NYSE American: NGD) reports second quarter operational results for the Company as of June 30, 2021. The Company is also providing notice that it will release its second quarter 2021 financial results before market on Wednesday, August 11, 2021. A conference call and webcast will follow at 8:30 am Eastern Time (details are provided at the end of this news release).
In this article we will take a look at the 15 best gold mining stocks to invest in. You can skip our detailed analysis of the mining industry’s outlook for 2021 and some of the major growth catalysts for mining stocks, and go directly to the 5 Best Gold Mining Stocks to Invest In. Gold […]
Figure 1 Golden Sky Project Location Map TORONTO, July 12, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Angus Gold Inc. (TSX-V: GUS | OTC: ANGVF) (“Angus” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce the commencement of drilling at its 100%-owned Golden Sky Project (the “Project”) located in Wawa, Ontario. The Project is immediately adjacent to the Eagle River Mine of Wesdome Gold Mines Ltd (“Wesdome”) in Wawa. The 20,000-metre drill program will focus on two target areas within the property: the Dorset Deformation Zon
Rating Action: Moody''s upgrades New Gold''s CFR to B2; outlook stable Read the full article at Moody''s
NGD Price Returns