Nielsen N.V. Ordinary Shares (NLSN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NLSN POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where NLSN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 84.46% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NLSN is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- NLSN's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 34.41% of US stocks).
NLSN Stock Summary
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 6.16 for Nielsen Holdings plc; that's greater than it is for 81.53% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Nielsen Holdings plc is reporting a growth rate of -389.86%; that's higher than just 5.05% of US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for NLSN comes in at 19.56% -- higher than that of 88.85% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Nielsen Holdings plc are NWL, QRTEA, ALK, JBLU, and GT.
- NLSN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Nielsen Holdings plc's official web site, go to www.nielsen.com.
NLSN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, NLSN's price/earnings ratio is 47.2% lower, now standing at 16.5.
- NLSN's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up $428.4 over the prior 126 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NLSN.
NLSN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NLSN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$26.14||52-week high||$28.42|
|Prev. close||$25.58||52-week low||$13.13|
|Day high||$26.16||Avg. volume||3,816,943|
|50-day MA||$26.41||Dividend yield||0.92%|
|200-day MA||$20.83||Market Cap||9.37B|
Nielsen N.V. Ordinary Shares (NLSN) Company Bio
Nielsen NV provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content video, audio and text is consumed. The company was founded in 1923 and is based in Diemen, the Netherlands.
NLSN Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for NLSN, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Nielsen Holdings plc ranked in the 24th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 72.33%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Nielsen Holdings plc ended up being:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of Nielsen Holdings plc over the past 5.78 years is -0.06%; that's higher than only 15.78% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Industrials sector.
- 59% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 21.96% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Nielsen Holdings plc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 5.73% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
NLSN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NLSN Latest Social Stream
View Full NLSN Social Stream
Latest NLSN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Nielsen Holdings plc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NLSN as an investment opportunity.
Founder Anthony Wood retains voting control over Roku, which won't be sold without his approval.
Nielsen Holdings plc (NYSE: NLSN), today announced that the Company will be presenting at Bernstein's 36th Annual Strategic Decisions Conference on Friday, June 4 and the Baird Global Consumer, Technology, and Service Conference on Wednesday, June 9.
Nielsen ([[NLSN]] +1.3%) expects new TV ratings platform Nielsen One to be the standard of ratings in the U.S. by the fall of 2024 and is likely to be launched in 2022, a WSJ report indicated.The company's finance chief Linda Zukauckas is allocating funds to the new platform after the sale...
Nielsen (NLSN) prices $625M aggregate principal amount of 4.500% senior notes due 2029 and $625M aggregate principal amount of 4.750% senior notes due 2031 in a private offering.Offering is expected to occur, and the notes are anticipated to be issued, on or about May 28, 2021.Company intends to apply the net...
Nielsen Prices $625 Million of 4.500% Senior Notes Due 2029 and $625 Million of 4.750% Senior Notes Due 2031
Nielsen Holdings plc (NYSE: NLSN) ("Nielsen") today announced that its indirect wholly owned subsidiaries, Nielsen Finance LLC and Nielsen Finance Co. (the "Issuers"), priced $625 million aggregate principal amount of 4.500% senior notes due 2029 (the "2029 Notes") and $625 million aggregate principal amount of 4.750% senior notes due 2031 (the "2031 Notes," and collectively, with the 2029 Notes, the "Notes") in a private offering (the "Offering") that is exempt from the registration requirements of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "Securities Act").
NLSN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|