Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NLY POWR Grades
- NLY scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 71.8% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NLY is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- NLY's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 4.55% of US stocks).
NLY Stock Summary
- NLY's current price/earnings ratio is 3.65, which is higher than only 5.68% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for ANNALY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT INC is higher than it is for about 99.87% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, NLY is more volatile than 95.56% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to ANNALY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT INC are AGM, EARN, FMCC, TRTX, and AGNC.
- Visit NLY's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.annaly.com.
NLY Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Real Estate stock, NLY's price/sales ratio is 175% higher, now standing at 3.3.
- NLY's price/earnings ratio has moved down 3.8 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NLY.
NLY Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -66.15%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -131.82%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -46.19%.
The table below shows NLY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NLY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NLY has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 80.08% of graded US stocks.
- NLY's asset turnover comes in at 0.041 -- ranking 309th of 444 Trading stocks.
- AGNC, SEB, and NTIP are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NLY.
The table below shows NLY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NLY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NLY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$23.34||52-week high||$31.76|
|Prev. close||$22.79||52-week low||$15.11|
|Day high||$23.42||Avg. volume||6,176,300|
|50-day MA||$21.77||Dividend yield||15.08%|
|200-day MA||$23.35||Market Cap||10.92B|
Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY) Company Bio
Annaly Capital Management Inc was founded in 1996 by a group of entrepreneurs, including Michael A. J. Farrell and Wellington J. Denahan. A year later, Annaly Capital completed a 102 million dollar initial public offering and is headquartered in New York City. The company is a real estate investment trust (REIT)and is a part of the real estate sector. As a mortgage real estate investment trust, it owns a portfolio of real estate related investments, including mortgage pass-through certificates and collateralized mortgage obligations. With $14 billion dollars in permanent capital, Annaly operates in two main sectors of the real estate economy: housing and commercial business. David L. Finklestein serves as the company’s Chief Investment Officer and Chief Executive Officer.
Most Popular Stories View All
NLY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NLY Latest Social Stream
View Full NLY Social Stream
Latest NLY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ANNALY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NLY as an investment opportunity.
Annaly Capital Management, Inc. Announces Dates of Fourth Quarter 2022 Financial Results and Conference Call
NEW YORK, January 25, 2023--Annaly Capital Management, Inc. (NYSE:NLY) ("Annaly" or the "Company") announced today that it will release its financial results for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2022 after the market close on Wednesday, February 8, 2023. The Company will conduct a conference call and audio webcast to discuss the results on Thursday, February 9, 2023 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time.
Real estate investment trusts (REITs) have long been a popular investment option for those looking for steady income streams. These trusts are required by law to distribute at least 90% of their taxable income to shareholders in the form of dividends, making them a great choice for investors seeking regular cash flow. But, not all REITs are created equal when it comes to dividends. Some REITs offer higher yields than others, making them potentially more attractive investments. We'll take a close
Top-performing real estate investment trusts (REITs) this month include VICI Properties, Gaming and Leisure Properties, and Iron Mountain, which have risen as much as 70% in the past year while the Russell 1000 has fallen 13%.
Macroeconomic challenges are weighing on Annaly, making other ultra-high-yield dividend stocks far more appealing.
Thanks to its super alluring yield of more than 15%, Annaly Capital Management (NYSE: NLY) is one of the most popular mortgage real estate investment trusts (mREITs) on the market today. Rising interest rates increased the cost of borrowing, hurting mREITs' earnings and asset values. Assessing a company's growth opportunities and potential risks before buying is an incredibly important part of successful investing.
NLY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching NLYWant to see what other sources are saying about Annaly Capital Management Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch