Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NLY POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where NLY ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 84.89% of US stocks.
- NLY's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- NLY's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 3.63% of US stocks).
NLY Stock Summary
- For NLY, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 99.79% of US equities we're observing.
- As for revenue growth, note that NLY's revenue has grown -445.34% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of only 0.14% of US companies in our set.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for NLY comes in at 81.81% -- higher than that of 97.92% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NLY, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AGM, EARN, ORC, IVR, and FMCC.
- Visit NLY's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.annaly.com.
NLY Valuation Summary
- NLY's EV/EBIT ratio is 22.6; this is 41.22% lower than that of the median Real Estate stock.
- Over the past 243 months, NLY's price/earnings ratio has gone down 12.4.
- NLY's price/sales ratio has moved down 12.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NLY.
NLY Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -41.53%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -73194.58%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -230.97%.
The table below shows NLY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NLY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NLY has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 80.08% of graded US stocks.
- NLY's asset turnover comes in at 0.041 -- ranking 309th of 444 Trading stocks.
- AGNC, SEB, and NTIP are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NLY.
The table below shows NLY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NLY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NLY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$6.64||52-week high||$9.64|
|Prev. close||$6.50||52-week low||$6.18|
|Day high||$6.65||Avg. volume||27,619,359|
|50-day MA||$6.73||Dividend yield||13.25%|
|200-day MA||$7.78||Market Cap||9.70B|
Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY) Company Bio
Annaly Capital Management Inc was founded in 1996 by a group of entrepreneurs, including Michael A. J. Farrell and Wellington J. Denahan. A year later, Annaly Capital completed a 102 million dollar initial public offering and is headquartered in New York City. The company is a real estate investment trust (REIT)and is a part of the real estate sector. As a mortgage real estate investment trust, it owns a portfolio of real estate related investments, including mortgage pass-through certificates and collateralized mortgage obligations. With $14 billion dollars in permanent capital, Annaly operates in two main sectors of the real estate economy: housing and commercial business. David L. Finklestein serves as the company’s Chief Investment Officer and Chief Executive Officer.
Most Popular Stories View All
NLY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NLY Latest Social Stream
View Full NLY Social Stream
Latest NLY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Annaly Capital Management Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NLY as an investment opportunity.
NLY, AHEXY, and BV have been added to the Zacks Rank #5 (Strong Sell) List on February 25, 2022
In recent trading session, Annaly Capital Management Inc. (NYSE:NLY) saw 12.84 million shares changing hands at last check today with its beta currently measuring 1.20. Company’s recent per share price level of $6.77 trading at -$0.02 or -0.29% at last check today assigns it a market valuation of $9.87B. That most recent trading price of … Annaly Capital Management Inc. (NYSE:NLY) Could Actually Go To $8.25 In 12 Months Read More »
Whether you love chasing after the innovative capacity of growth stocks or prefer the simplicity of value stocks, either strategy can work wonders over the long run. Although it's a report I reference often, J.P. Morgan Asset Management's comparison of the performance of dividend-paying stocks to those not paying a dividend over multiple decades speaks wonders. J.P. Morgan Asset Management, a division of money-center bank JPMorgan Chase, found that dividend-paying companies returned an annual average of 9.5% between 1972 and 2012.
The macroeconomic discussion these days is dominated by talk about inflation and the actions of the Federal Reserve to reduce it. Futures contracts based on the fed funds rate estimate that the central bank will boost the benchmark interest rate to between 1.5% and 2% by the end of the year from its current near-zero level, which is some significant tightening. Historically, mortgage REITs have provided some of the best dividend yields out there, but it's looking like there are rough waters ahead.
Annaly Capital Management, Inc. PFD SER G (NLY.PG) declares $0.4063/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous. Forward yield 6.89%
NLY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching NLYWant to see what other sources are saying about Annaly Capital Management Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch