NMI Holdings Inc (NMIH): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NMIH POWR Grades
- NMIH scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 85.81% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NMIH is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 178 days.
- NMIH's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 57.16% of US stocks).
NMIH Stock Summary
- NMIH's current price/earnings ratio is 6.32, which is higher than merely 15.72% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for NMIH is currently 5.44, higher than only 24.51% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of NMI HOLDINGS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 84.1% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NMIH, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are HUT, ITP, COLL, IDCC, and BRMK.
- NMIH's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit NMI HOLDINGS INC's official web site, go to www.nationalmi.com.
NMIH Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, NMIH's price/earnings ratio is 45.69% lower, now standing at 6.3.
- NMIH's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 19 over the prior 110 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NMIH.
NMIH Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 24.62%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 229.23%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at -33.62%.
The table below shows NMIH's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NMIH's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NMIH has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 54.37% of graded US stocks.
- NMIH's asset turnover comes in at 0.207 -- ranking 79th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- PFG, ICCH, and RDN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NMIH.
The table below shows NMIH's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NMIH Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NMIH Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$21.23||52-week high||$27.25|
|Prev. close||$21.07||52-week low||$15.33|
|Day high||$21.26||Avg. volume||585,705|
|50-day MA||$21.11||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$20.04||Market Cap||1.77B|
NMI Holdings Inc (NMIH) Company Bio
NMI Holdings, Inc. provides private mortgage guaranty insurance services in the United States. The company was founded in 2011 and is based in Emeryville, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
NMIH Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NMIH Latest Social Stream
View Full NMIH Social Stream
Latest NMIH News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NMI HOLDINGS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NMIH as an investment opportunity.
Whether you're a value, growth, or momentum investor, finding strong stocks becomes easier with the Zacks Style Scores, a top feature of the Zacks Premium research service.
NMI Holdings' (NASDAQ:NMIH) investors will be pleased with their notable 38% return over the last five years
If you buy and hold a stock for many years, you'd hope to be making a profit. But more than that, you probably want to...
NMI Holdings, Inc. (NMIH)
Q3 2022 Earnings Conference Call
November 1, 2022 17:00 ET
John Swenson - Investor Relations
Brad Shuster - Executive Chairman
Adam Pollitzer - President and Chief Executive Officer
Ravi Mallela - Chief Financial Officer
Nick Realmuto - Controller
Conference Call Participants
Mark DeVries - Barclays
Rick Shane - JPMorgan
Doug Harter - Credit Suisse
Bose George - KBW
Mark Hughes - Truist
Geoffrey Dunn - Dowling & Partners
Hello and welcome to the NMI Holdings, Inc. Third Quarter 2022 Earnings Conference Call. [Operator Instructions] Please ...
NMI Holdings (NMIH) Q3 results reflect significant new business production and increasing persistency, which drove growth in the company's high-quality insured portfolio. Favorable credit performance and expense discipline led to record profitability and strong returns.
NMIH Price Returns