Nelnet, Inc. (NNI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NNI POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where NNI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.83% of US stocks.
- NNI's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 47 weeks.
- NNI's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 3.62% of US stocks).
NNI Stock Summary
- For NNI, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 97.21% of US equities we're observing.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Nelnet Inc is reporting a growth rate of 341.65%; that's higher than 93.08% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, NNI is more volatile than merely 2% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Nelnet Inc are CFFN, BPMP, LBC, OMF, and SC.
- Visit NNI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.nelnet.com.
NNI Valuation Summary
- NNI's price/earnings ratio is 5.9; this is 46.36% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- NNI's price/sales ratio has moved down 2.3 over the prior 215 months.
- NNI's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 351.6 over the prior 215 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NNI.
NNI Growth Metrics
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 59.98%.
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 17.22%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -0.95%.
The table below shows NNI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NNI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NNI has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 51.89% of graded US stocks.
- NNI's asset turnover comes in at 0.067 -- ranking 65th of 437 Banking stocks.
- GDOT, FBC, and C are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NNI.
The table below shows NNI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NNI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NNI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$78.36||52-week high||$81.63|
|Prev. close||$78.83||52-week low||$58.66|
|Day high||$79.15||Avg. volume||63,104|
|50-day MA||$77.18||Dividend yield||1.12%|
|200-day MA||$74.20||Market Cap||3.02B|
Nelnet, Inc. (NNI) Company Bio
Nelnet Inc. provides educational services in loan servicing, payment processing, education planning, and asset management in the United States. The company was founded in 1978 and is based in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Most Popular Stories View All
NNI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NNI Latest Social Stream
View Full NNI Social Stream
Latest NNI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Nelnet Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NNI as an investment opportunity.
With broad market valuations at or near all-time highs, it can be a challenge to find bargain stocks to buy right now. Sprouts Farmers Market (NASDAQ: SFM), Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), and Nelnet (NYSE: NNI) are three bargain stocks you can buy today and hold forever. Sprouts Farmers Market is a health-focused grocery chain based in Arizona with a presence in many states across the U.S. Unlike a traditional supermarket, Sprouts has an open layout with bulk, produce, and specialty items featured at the center of the store.
If you want to know who really controls Nelnet, Inc. ( NYSE:NNI ), then you'll have to look at the makeup of its share...
Berkshire Hathaway is the most famous modern conglomerate, run by one of the most well-known investors ever: Warren Buffett. One smaller company with similar characteristics to Berkshire Hathaway is Nelnet (NYSE: NNI), a conglomerate focused on financial services based in Lincoln, Nebraska. Nelnet's legacy business is a book of around $20 billion in student loans.
Nelnet (NYSE: NNI) today reported GAAP net income of $83.9 million, or $2.16 per share, for the second quarter of 2021, compared with GAAP net income of $86.5 million, or $2.21 per share, for the same period a year ago.
Pluralytics Launches Revolutionary SaaS Platform to Ensure Companies Connect with Values-Driven Stakeholders in the Wake of the Social and Political Events of 2020
Pluralytics, a natural language processing startup that is the first system using AI to match corporate language with customer values, today announced that it is formally launching its ValuesFinder™ product and has raised over $1M in seed financing. The company also announced the following innovative, values-driven companies as enterprise customers in its Early Adopter Program: Speedway Motors, Nelnet Renewable Energy and two Fortune 500 companies. This product launch is timely as purpose-driven
NNI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|