Nelnet, Inc. (NNI): Price and Financial Metrics
NNI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$90.21||52-week high||$101.60|
|Prev. close||$89.68||52-week low||$78.51|
|Day high||$92.31||Avg. volume||44,230|
|50-day MA||$93.89||Dividend yield||1.15%|
|200-day MA||$93.86||Market Cap||3.37B|
NNI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NNI POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where NNI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 66.6% of US stocks.
- NNI's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- NNI's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 29.31% of US stocks).
NNI Stock Summary
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for NELNET INC is higher than it is for about 95.72% of US stocks.
- The volatility of NELNET INC's share price is greater than that of merely 0.65% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- NELNET INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 94.68%, greater than the shareholder yield of 97.99% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to NELNET INC are HBNC, PKBK, WAFD, OMF, and JEF.
- NNI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit NELNET INC's official web site, go to www.nelnet.com.
NNI Valuation Summary
- NNI's EV/EBIT ratio is 65.1; this is 476.11% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 241 months, NNI's price/earnings ratio has gone down 47.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NNI.
NNI Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 45.63%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 73.39%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 53.36%.
The table below shows NNI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NNI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NNI has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 52.1% of graded US stocks.
- NNI's asset turnover comes in at 0.067 -- ranking 65th of 430 Banking stocks.
- GDOT, SLM, and ALLY are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NNI.
The table below shows NNI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Nelnet, Inc. (NNI) Company Bio
Nelnet Inc. provides educational services in loan servicing, payment processing, education planning, and asset management in the United States. The company was founded in 1978 and is based in Lincoln, Nebraska.
NNI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NNI Latest Social Stream
View Full NNI Social Stream
Latest NNI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NELNET INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NNI as an investment opportunity.
Regular readers will know that we love our dividends at Simply Wall St, which is why it's exciting to see Nelnet, Inc...
What if you could go back in time and be an early investor in Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway? Obviously, this is wishful thinking and you can only think about what you could have done with the phenomenal returns that have been generated over the decades. Berkshire's average 20% compounded returns since 1965 would have easily turned $1,000 into well over $1 million for many investors.
Earnings from Chegg, Celsius, and Nelnet show why it pays to watch cash flow and how businesses can shore themselves up when there's cash on hand.
GRNE Solar, a premier solar engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) firm, announced today it has transitioned to the Nelnet Renewable Energy brand. The company was acquired by Nelnet, Inc., in 2022.
Nelnet (NYSE: NNI) today reported GAAP net income of $28.3 million, or $0.75 per share, for the second quarter of 2023, compared with GAAP net income of $85.1 million, or $2.26 per share, for the same period a year ago.
NNI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|