Northern Oil and Gas, Inc. (NOG): Price and Financial Metrics
NOG Stock Summary
- NOG's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 0 -- higher than merely 0.04% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Of note is the ratio of Northern Oil & Gas Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 2.45% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, NOG has reported earnings growth of -19,551.67%, putting it ahead of merely 0.16% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NOG, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PDCE, WTTR, TRGP, AMC, and CPE.
- NOG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Northern Oil & Gas Inc's official web site, go to www.northernoil.com.
NOG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NOG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$12.27||52-week high||$15.26|
|Prev. close||$12.92||52-week low||$3.35|
|Day high||$12.86||Avg. volume||1,270,337|
|50-day MA||$12.82||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$8.64||Market Cap||740.64M|
Northern Oil and Gas, Inc. (NOG) Company Bio
Northern Oil and Gas, Inc. engages in the acquisition, exploration, development, and production of oil and natural gas properties in the United States. The company is based in Wayzata, Minnesota.
NOG Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for NOG, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Northern Oil & Gas Inc ranked in the 27th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Northern Oil & Gas Inc ended up being:
- 36% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than only 9.06% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Northern Oil & Gas Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -14.49. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 6.39% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 16. This value is greater than 86.79% stocks in the Energy sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
NOG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NOG Latest Social Stream
View Full NOG Social Stream
Latest NOG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Northern Oil & Gas Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NOG as an investment opportunity.
Photo by SimonSkafar/E+ via Getty Images Northern Oil & Gas (NOG) had the cash purchase price on its Marcellus acquisition reduced by $48.6 million after other parties exercised their rights to purchase some of the properties in the deal. The reduced purchase price maintains roughly the same (near 3.0x) multiple...
The big shareholder groups in Northern Oil and Gas, Inc. ( NYSEMKT:NOG ) have power over the company. Institutions will...
Northern Oil and Gas (NOG) is seeing positive earnings estimate revisions, suggesting that it could be a solid choice for investors.
Northern Oil and Gas reported lower-than-expected 4Q earnings. Moreover, a decline in total production due to the pandemic impacted quarterly sales, which plunged 15% year-over-year. Shares of the Minnesota-based energy company slid 1.4% to close at $14.11 on Friday. Northern Oil and Gas’ (NOG) 4Q adjusted earnings of $0.64 per share missed the Street estimates of $0.66 but increased 28% year-over-year. Total production was 35,738 Boe per day, down 19%. The company’s adjusted EBITDA came in at $94.3 million, down 17.4% year-over-year.
Northern Oil and Gas (NYSEAMERICAN:NOG) Posts Quarterly Earnings Results, Misses Estimates By $0.03 EPS
Northern Oil and Gas (NYSEAMERICAN:NOG) released its earnings results on Friday. The energy company reported $0.64 earnings per share for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of $0.67 by ($0.03), MarketWatch Earnings reports. NOG opened at $14.11 on Friday. Northern Oil and Gas has a fifty-two week low of $3.35 and a fifty-two week high […]
NOG Price Returns
Continue Researching NOGHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Northern Oil & Gas Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!