Northern Oil and Gas, Inc. (NOG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NOG POWR Grades
- NOG scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 99.98% of US stocks.
- NOG's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- NOG ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 10th percentile.
NOG Stock Summary
- NOG's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 236.89 -- higher than 89.57% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Of note is the ratio of Northern Oil & Gas Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 6.97% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at -16.23 for Northern Oil & Gas Inc; that's greater than it is for only 1.39% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Northern Oil & Gas Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be SBRA, OSG, PK, SMLP, and APTS.
- Visit NOG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.northernoil.com.
NOG Valuation Summary
- NOG's price/sales ratio is 8; this is 433.33% higher than that of the median Energy stock.
- NOG's price/sales ratio has moved NA NA over the prior 175 months.
- Over the past 175 months, NOG's price/sales ratio has gone NA NA.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NOG.
NOG Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -57.91%.
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 327.32%.
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at -93.22%.
The table below shows NOG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NOG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NOG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 60.4% of graded US stocks.
- NOG's asset turnover comes in at 0.149 -- ranking 120th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- PDCE, MUR, and PXD are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NOG.
The table below shows NOG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NOG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NOG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$33.33||52-week high||$33.36|
|Prev. close||$31.41||52-week low||$14.03|
|Day high||$33.36||Avg. volume||1,122,832|
|50-day MA||$27.74||Dividend yield||1.68%|
|200-day MA||$23.24||Market Cap||2.58B|
Northern Oil and Gas, Inc. (NOG) Company Bio
Northern Oil and Gas, Inc. engages in the acquisition, exploration, development, and production of oil and natural gas properties in the United States. The company is based in Wayzata, Minnesota.
Most Popular Stories View All
NOG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NOG Latest Social Stream
View Full NOG Social Stream
Latest NOG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Northern Oil & Gas Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NOG as an investment opportunity.
Northern Oil and Gas (NOG) looks capable of nearly paying off its credit facility debt in 2022 if it doesn't make any acquisitions during the year. At current strip prices, Northern's net debt is projected to be approximately $800 million at the end of 2022, putting its leverage at around...
NOG (NYSE:NOG) reported Q4 results after the close Thursday, posting in-line results, guiding production down, lifting capex, and boosting the dividend: Earnings - NOG reported $1.06 in adjusted earnings per share during Q4, versus Wall Street expectations for $1.08; the Company generated ~$71m in free cash flow during the quarter,...
Northern Oil and Gas (NOG) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -0.93% and 20.72%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
MINNEAPOLIS, February 24, 2022--NOG Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2021 Results
NOG Announces Earnings Call Time Change; Fourth Quarter and Year-End 2021 Conference Call to Occur on Friday February 25, 2022, at 8:00 a.m. (Central Time)
MINNEAPOLIS, February 23, 2022--NOG Announces Earnings Call Time Change; Fourth Quarter and Year-End 2021 Conference Call to Occur on Friday February 25, 2022, at 8:00 a.m. (CT)
NOG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|