Northern Oil and Gas, Inc. (NOG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NOG POWR Grades
- NOG scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 94.59% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NOG is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- NOG's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 8.06% of US stocks).
NOG Stock Summary
- NOG's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 0.2 -- higher than just 1.68% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- NOG's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of just 1.58% of US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Northern Oil & Gas Inc comes in at -93.22%, a number that bests merely 1.37% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Northern Oil & Gas Inc are MMLP, UIS, BRN, CYH, and CIH.
- NOG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Northern Oil & Gas Inc's official web site, go to www.northernoil.com.
NOG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, NOG's price/earnings ratio is 104.26% lower, now standing at -0.7.
- Over the past 174 months, NOG's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 1173.5.
- Over the past 174 months, NOG's price/earnings ratio has gone up 1174.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NOG.
NOG Growth Metrics
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at -50.55%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -10.12%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -445.83%.
The table below shows NOG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NOG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NOG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$16.51||52-week high||$21.64|
|Prev. close||$16.32||52-week low||$3.35|
|Day high||$16.71||Avg. volume||1,131,395|
|50-day MA||$18.52||Dividend yield||0.69%|
|200-day MA||$12.52||Market Cap||997.25M|
Northern Oil and Gas, Inc. (NOG) Company Bio
Northern Oil and Gas, Inc. engages in the acquisition, exploration, development, and production of oil and natural gas properties in the United States. The company is based in Wayzata, Minnesota.
NOG Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Northern Oil & Gas Inc. To summarize, we found that Northern Oil & Gas Inc ranked in the 40th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 41.5%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for NOG, they are:
- Northern Oil & Gas Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- Northern Oil & Gas Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -23.61. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 3.79% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 15. This value is greater than 80.08% stocks in the Energy sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
NOG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NOG Latest Social Stream
View Full NOG Social Stream
Latest NOG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Northern Oil & Gas Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NOG as an investment opportunity.
MINNEAPOLIS, July 29, 2021--Northern Oil and Gas, Inc. Announces 106% Increase in Midyear Proved Reserves
Northern Oil and Gas (NOG) possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
EnerCom's The Oil & Gas Conference® Brings a Broad Group of Public and Private Energy Companies, Energy Analysts, Industry Leaders and Investors to Denver, August 15-18, 2021
Institutional investors, portfolio managers, financial analysts, CIOs and other investment community professionals who invest in the energy space should register now for The Oil & Gas Conference® which will take place Aug. 15-18, 2021, at the Denver Downtown Westin hotel.
Finding stocks expected to beat quarterly earnings estimates becomes an easier task with our Zacks Earnings ESP.
MINNEAPOLIS, July 22, 2021--Northern Oil and Gas, Inc. Announces Second Quarter 2021 Earnings Release and Conference Call
NOG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|