Northern Oil and Gas, Inc. (NOG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NOG POWR Grades
- NOG scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 99.62% of US stocks.
- NOG's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- NOG's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 7.54% of US stocks).
NOG Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of NORTHERN OIL & GAS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 6.05% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- NOG's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 99.2% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that NOG's revenue has grown 498.34% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 98% of US companies in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to NORTHERN OIL & GAS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be BRG, CLPR, USDP, USAC, and PAGP.
- NOG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit NORTHERN OIL & GAS INC's official web site, go to www.northernoil.com.
NOG Valuation Summary
- NOG's EV/EBIT ratio is 12.9; this is 6.61% higher than that of the median Energy stock.
- NOG's price/sales ratio has moved NA NA over the prior 188 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NOG.
NOG Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -58.35%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -58.35%.
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 156.46%.
The table below shows NOG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NOG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NOG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 60.4% of graded US stocks.
- NOG's asset turnover comes in at 0.149 -- ranking 120th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- PDCE, MUR, and PXD are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NOG.
The table below shows NOG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NOG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NOG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$32.87||52-week high||$39.10|
|Prev. close||$31.95||52-week low||$17.51|
|Day high||$33.39||Avg. volume||1,113,372|
|50-day MA||$29.75||Dividend yield||3.13%|
|200-day MA||$27.09||Market Cap||2.59B|
Northern Oil and Gas, Inc. (NOG) Company Bio
Northern Oil and Gas, Inc. engages in the acquisition, exploration, development, and production of oil and natural gas properties in the United States. The company is based in Wayzata, Minnesota.
Most Popular Stories View All
NOG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NOG Latest Social Stream
View Full NOG Social Stream
Latest NOG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NORTHERN OIL & GAS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NOG as an investment opportunity.
MINNEAPOLIS, September 30, 2022--NOG Announces Core Northern Delaware Basin Bolt-on Acquisition
The Zacks Earnings ESP is a great way to find potential earnings surprises. Why investors should take advantage now.
The Zacks Style Scores offers investors a way to easily find top-rated stocks based on their investing style. Here's why you should take advantage.
The price of gasoline has dropped sharply in recent weeks, bringing a welcome relief to anyone with a car, but the fact remains that gas is still up more than $1.50 per gallon, on average, since the beginning of 2021. It’s been a major driver of inflation. And according to the latest numbers, for August, inflation remains high, at 8.3% annually. Much of that number is driven by increases in food and housing costs – but energy prices are also contributing, and this could, longer-term, be a boon f
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
NOG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|